Contact us

Login doesn't work

Kicker

Hello,
I've got a problem. When I come to this forum, I'm not able to log in. I write the Nickname and my password, but then I'm not logged in. And then I have to wait to the next day - before I can not log in :(

Can somebody help me?

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
When that happens close your browser and open a new one which should fix the issue.

If that doesn't work, clear out your cookies.

If you are using escforums.com you can use esctodayforum.com instead as a URL (and vice versa)

Magizian

Whenever I leave the computer for a few minutes, I find myself being logged out of the forums upon returning. Is this supposed to happen?

I've already tried deleting cookies, which had no effect. I've checked the "remember me" option, which also seems to make no difference.

I'm using Firefox.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
I don't believe this is a forum related issue but rather could have something to do with your settings :(

Magizian

I don't believe this is a forum related issue but rather could have something to do with your settings :(

Possibly, but I really have no idea how. I'm using the standard Firefox settings, and I don't have this problem on any other site.

It's worth a mention, that I have the same problem when accessing escforums on my computer at work.

Milos-BC

Whenever I leave the computer for a few minutes, I find myself being logged out of the forums upon returning. Is this supposed to happen?

I've already tried deleting cookies, which had no effect. I've checked the "remember me" option, which also seems to make no difference.

I'm using Firefox.

Which version of Firefox do you use?

This was happening to me on some other vBulletin boards (not this one though) and on the older version of Firefox, but since I've switched I didn't notice the problem. I think it's some sort of bug, but it's not forum related. Try to update your Firefox to the current version first.

Magizian

Which version of Firefox do you use?

This was happening to me on some other vBulletin boards (not this one though) and on the older version of Firefox, but since I've switched I didn't notice the problem. I think it's some sort of bug, but it's not forum related. Try to update your Firefox to the current version first.

I'm using Firefox 4.0.1, which is the latest version. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Magizian

Ah so you are using the latest version, ok....Have you tried with Chrome or any other alternative browser?

Yes, my computer at work only has IE installed, but I'm experiencing the same problem on both computers.

I'll give Chrome at try :lol:

AlekS

Veteran
I tested all versions of Firefox on this forum, 3.6 is the best, 4.0 sucks.
You can check your privacy settings, the settings of your journal or try to delete 2 Firefox files (they should appear again from scratch next time you start your Firefox, thus there won't be any conflicts):

Find this on your PC:

Application Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/

or search for these 3 particular files: cookies.sqlite-journal ; cookies.sqlite ; places.sqlite.
Remove them. Do not delete them completely from your PC, you can copy them somewhere else as a backup. If it doesn't help then it's about your browser.

Imo, the 4th Firefox is buggy.

r3gg13

Yes, my computer at work only has IE installed, but I'm experiencing the same problem on both computers.

I'll give Chrome at try :lol:

Chrome works really well with this forum, at least for me. I use IE and Firefox on my univ computer, but those ones don't work well. Using Chrome might be the easiest solution.

Magizian

I've just installed Chrome, and it seems to be working perfectly with this board. Nice browser, too.

Thank you all :)

Milos-BC

^^ I am glad you fixed your problem :)

In my personal experience, Firefox 4 works much better than Firefox 3. I had a bug on the older version that when I open Facebook, or some other page, and read it for too long, the browser crashes and then I have to use Task Manager to get out. That only happened on my PC, I didn't have those problems on my laptop or anywhere else with the same version of Firefox and even the same installation. Different systems, different problems I guess :lol:

Top Bottom