Contact us

Live trainwrecks 2015

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
She may well be able to sing, but it will take a miracle to rescue that train wreck of a song.

DanielLuis

:md: (judging by NF)
:sl: (judging by NF)
:fi: (judging by the horrible song)
:by: (is just a monstrosity of a song which will be staged like Jonsi & Greta but fail)
:uk: (not enough people on stage)

I don't think the :sl: NF performance was a trainwreck at all.

I think these have the potential for trainwrecks:

:md:
:il:
:am:
:sm:
:uk:

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Israel, Ireland, Denmark, and San Marino are all represented by kids, and kids screw up sometimes. Armenia could go very badly very quickly (though after seeing some rehearsal footage, I don't actually think it will). Either way, it'll be very entertaining. Ditto for Azerbaijan, actually; he needs to nail down the lyrics to match the theatricality of his vocal. Amber needs to lock down the first "BREAK through the silence," or that'll stick out badly and ruin the whole performance, kind of like it did in the MESC semifinal. If Edurne isn't "on," she could fall off the rails. Electro Velvet have been very good vocally at each of their performances, but the powers that be might stage it badly.

Haverdge

:am: could be up there because there are so many people, the chances of screwing up are potentially there. Although they all sound impecable in their rehearsals and in no way are they fighting over each other for the top spot like many people thought they would.

:az: could mess up because every time I've heard him sing the song live, he does those annoying vocal dramatizations like he did in 2008 and it completely ruins an otherwise decent song.

:cy: because it's mostly a slow song and maintains more or less the same pace and that gives some potential for screwing up.

:lv: this song depends on flawless vocals for it to be good. Even the slightest mistake can ruin the entire thing. This might the biggest challenge of all the songs.

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Israel, Ireland, Denmark, and San Marino are all represented by kids, and kids screw up sometimes. Armenia could go very badly very quickly (though after seeing some rehearsal footage, I don't actually think it will). Either way, it'll be very entertaining. Ditto for Azerbaijan, actually; he needs to nail down the lyrics to match the theatricality of his vocal. Amber needs to lock down the first "BREAK through the silence," or that'll stick out badly and ruin the whole performance, kind of like it did in the MESC semifinal. If Edurne isn't "on," she could fall off the rails. Electro Velvet have been very good vocally at each of their performances, but the powers that be might stage it badly.

Adults screw up sometimes too... I would also add Maria to the list of potential trainwrecks, as she has not sounded overly confident with the song on occasions and I worry that she could get a little dwarfed by the stage.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
:am: Most obvious trainwreck. Six incredibly different singers coming together for one giant clusterf**k of a song. The first guy already ruins the studio version with his dodgy english. I'm unsure if any of them will survive the madness of the bridge of the song.
:be: This song pleasantly surprised me, but then I remember why it was a pleasant surprise, and that's because of the videos of Loic i'd seen before. He's a very raw vocalist but not in a good way. He can be all over the place.
:lt: The song itself makes me cringe and I can just imagine it being a horrid mess live.
:no: It all rests on Debrah and just what exactly comes out of her mouth. The only time i've seen her perform this well has been on a stripped back acoustic performance.
:pl: I've really warmed to this entry but sadly Monika's live performances thus far have been far from strong.
:sm: We have not heard them perform this live yet. They're incredibly young and innocent and have been given actually quite a strangely complex piece to perform. It's not straight forward anyway and i'm nervous to know how they'll cope with it.
:de: Trainwreck incoming if she hasn't corrected her dreadful pacing of the chorus.

I've noticeably left out..

:il: Nadav really proved himself in Amsterdam. I think this will actually be a great performance and vocal.
:uk: These two have proved as well that they are capable performers. Might not have the best chemistry together but it will be a solid performance anyway I imagine.
:fi: These guys can rock. It won't be a trainwreck. They'll do what they set out to do. They are not relying on vocal finery and acrobatics like the other artists here. It's about the feeling they put across.
:md: I honestly didn't think he was that bad in the NF.

And Latvia, Malta and Albania will be great, i'm pretty much certain of it. Of course, each song requires near perfection but I believe it will happen. Aminata has never messed up, neither has Amber. Elhaida had that one mess up at the London Eurovision party but it's no biggie. I'm sure she'll deliver on the night.

aletem

Moldova

aletem

Netherlands won't be a trainwreck:

Terence

:mt: - If she misses the first high note in the refrain, then it's dead in the water.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Adults screw up sometimes too... I would also add Maria to the list of potential trainwrecks, as she has not sounded overly confident with the song on occasions and I worry that she could get a little dwarfed by the stage.

So exactly one person saw the Icelandic trainwreck coming before rehearsal week. A tip of the hat to you, sir.

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
So exactly one person saw the Icelandic trainwreck coming before rehearsal week. A tip of the hat to you, sir.

I had honestly completely forgotten I'd made that prediction! I'm not daring to try and find any others, as I'm sure most of my others will be wrong!

tuorem

To me, the most obvious live trainwecks were :al: and :is:. And it's a true shame for :al: because the dress rehearsal performance was much better and closer to the studio version.

:mk: and :az: seem to have messed up on purpose :lol: why did their singers want to sing their songs differently?

:sm: was half a disappointment, Michele was good enough but Anita was underwhelming really :?

:am: was not a trainweck to me since the studio version was already a mess imo :lol:

blue00eyes

In my opinion :is:, :pl: and :fi:.
Iceland was incredibly bad, nothing special song, weak vocals, ugly dress, no shoes and random turning around. :(
Polish singer is very mediocre live and Finland was just painful, sorry.

Top Bottom