Contact us

Live from Vienna - As it happened

SuperGirl

Re: Live from Vienna - EUROVISION 2015 TONIGHT

Your example are more like ice melting in the middle of a skaters performance and they sink in it or the clay melting and preventing a tennis player from properly moving. That's on the hands of the organizers not the athlete just like the hand microphones and ceiling lamps are the responsibility of the hosts not the performers.

Loreen tried to go for a quad and fell, she tried to serve an ace but missed. Her snowflakes were the quad and ace and she missed so she should still get the credit for it just because it looked great? She took the personal risk and it didn't fully pay off that one time. It definitely should not cost her the jury win or anything but it disrupted the performance and that should have counted as something.

If a high heels is used by a singer and tripping how is that organizers fault??

Odalis

You take the risk and it doesn't work....why should that be ignored just because its idea was entertaining :?

Of course you should try but you have to be prepared that it might backfire and therefore face the consequences of it not working. You can't simply let the failed result pass just because they tried.

What you were saying was that juries had to deliberately punish contestants for technical accidents (that damn snowflake wasn't a mistake on Loreen's part or delegation's slip, it was just one tiny accident).
I understand it might somehow have an impact on televoters, but as far as i know, in Eurovision, when something like that happens, they let that country perform again in front of the juries and in case something goes completely wrong during live performance they have a jury rehearsal tape with a perfect performance to back it up.
Cause nobody has a "shit will not happen during my performance" insurance.

Poland2014

It all seems a bit of a blur now.

The amount of alcohol I drank didn't help. I mixed champagne in my with my beer, which I'm not used to doing.

Forgot to note down a number to vote, I've kept my last few years of score sheets and forget to check what I gave each country last year.

But had a great, great Eurovision night. Gave me friend a DVD of the 2006 competition from Greece as a present. (That was the first one we ever watched together, and we intend to watch it again before next year.)

The tenth time me and my friend had watch it together, and it was raucous but fun. Much better than 2005, when I'd watched it alone. Too much was eaten, too much was drunk.

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Not sure why people are saying the hosting was horrendous. ORF did a fantastic job of the organisation and really improved the profile of ESC in Austria. Even a few days after the contest I could tell people were talking about it on the tube so the hosting obviously made an impact. It all looked great on TV and there's always problems and shit banter every year...

Poland2014

Not sure why people are saying the hosting was horrendous. ORF did a fantastic job of the organisation and really improved the profile of ESC in Austria. Even a few days after the contest I could tell people were talking about it on the tube so the hosting obviously made an impact. It all looked great on TV and there's always problems and shit banter every year...

The shit banter is part of it, in my opinion.

CPV4931

I also have to add the city and the people of Vienna here, they also made a fantastic job... Everywhere in the city you were able to see Eurovision flags and slogans (not like in Düsseldorf e.g.) and everywhere the people where very, very friendly and open-minded when you talked to them and mentioned, you are here for Eurovision.

VedatiNet

This is what I think that votes should be counted:

I take as sample the Italian votes

Jury votes (ranks)

12 p Norway
10 p Sweden
8 p Australia
7 p Belgium
6 p Latvia
5 p Israel
4 p Cyprus
3 p Russia
2 p Estonia
1 p United Kingdom

Televotes:

12 p Albania
10 p Romania
8 p Russia
7 p Poland
6 p Serbia
5 p Israel
4 p Georgia
3 p Sweden
2 p Spain
1 p Belgium

If we collect the votes this would be the results:

Sweden 10+3 = 13/2 = 6.5
Albania 0 + 12 = 12/2 = 6
Norway 12 + 0 = 12/2 = 6
Russia 3 + 8 = 11/2 =5.5
Romania 0 + 10 = 10/2 = 5
Israel 5 +5 = 10/2 = 5
Belgium 7 + 1 = 8/2 = 4
Australia 8 + 0 = 8/2 = 4
Poland 0 + 7 = 7/2 =3.5
Serbia 0 + 6 = 6/2 = 3
---------------------------------
Latvia 6 + 0 = 6/2 = 3
Georgia 0 + 4 = 4/2 =2
Cyprus 4 +0 = 4/2 =2
Spain 0 +2 = 2/2 = 1
Estonia 2 + 0 = 2/1 =1
United Kingdom 1 +0 = 1/2 = 0.5

Based on this and have on mind that in case of tie the televoters points will count this is how Italy votes should have counted:

12 p Sweden
10 p Albania
8 p Norway
7 p Russia
6 p Romania
5 p Israel
4 p Belgium
3 p Australia
2 p Poland
1 p Serbia

I really think this way of counting combined votes would have been more fair than the actual system of counting. Based on this I'll try to calculate all the votes and see how the outcome will be :)

Based on what I wrote up I made all the calculations and here are the results:

1. Sweden - 367 points (=)
2. Italy - 308 (+1)
3. Russia - 224 (-1)
4. Belgium - 207 (=)
5. Australia - 178 (=)
6. Latvia - 162 (=)
7. Norway - 104 (+1)
8. Estonia - 86 (-1)
9. Israel - 79 (=)
10. Albania - 68 (+7)
11. Armenia - 54 (+5)
12. Georgia - 51 (-1)
13. Serbia - 48 (-3)
14. Azerbaijan - 48 (-2)
15. Montenegro - 41 (-2)
16. Romania - 40 (-1)
17. Slovenia - 35 (-3)
18. Lithuania - 34 (=)
19. Cyprus - 24 (+3)
20. Greece - 23 (-1)
21. Poland - 19 (-2)
22. Hungary - 19 (-2)
23. Austria - 11 (+3)
24. Germany - 10 (+3)
25. Spain - 9 (-4)
26. France - 8 (-1)
27. United Kingdom - 3 (-3)

Here is the file. https://www.sendspace.com/file/qjao0n
Later on I will add detailed votes of each country.

What do you think about those results? Do you see them more fair ?

Pawhlen

This is the result with the "old" 50/50 system:

1. :se: 368
2. :it: 319
3. :ru: 293
4. :be: 221
5. :au: 160
6. :lv: 155
7. :ee: 104
8. :il: 89
9. :no: 86
10. :al: 65
11. :rs: 58
12. :am: 57
13. :ge: 53
14. :ro: 46
15. :az: 45
16. :me: 37
17. :sl: 36
18. :lt: 29
19. :gr: 23
20. :cy: 18
21. :hu: 16
22. :pl: 15
23. :es: 12
24. :uk: 5
25. :at: 4
26. :fr: 3
27. :de: 3

DanielLuis

No major differences, besides Italy being runner-ups, Albania climbing like crazy into the top ten and there being no nul points in the final.

Krishoes

Right.

However, this actually is not a problem of voting system. If you want to punish a song, you can punish it with the old, the new, the future system. :D

GermanBango

Right.

However, this actually is not a problem of voting system. If you want to punish a song, you can punish it with the old, the new, the future system. :D

Agree - there is no perfect voting-system.

Pawhlen

I agree with you both [MENTION=12553]Krishoes[/MENTION] and [MENTION=10896]GermanBango[/MENTION]

I however think that EBU must:

1. Revert back to "old" system 2009-2012

2. Make the rules more strict about which persons that are allowed in the jury, (for example that at least 2 persons in each jury must be two persons that have participated in ESC before)

Because no, being a music journalist for a newspaper or a magazine don´t make you a "music expert" in my eyes

Krishoes

(for example that at least 2 persons in each jury must be two persons that have participated in ESC before)

I'm not sure about that. :sk: could choose The Twiins, :sm: Anita Simoncini. All my respect for them but... I can't seem them as professional juror.

Pawhlen

I'm not sure about that. :sk: could choose The Twiins, :sm: Anita Simoncini. All my respect for them but... I can't seem them as professional juror.

Of course, it has to be some kind of judgement around those "two former contestants" if they should apply it, like that they must have participated x times and so on ;)

ElRuso

I agree with you both [MENTION=12553]Krishoes[/MENTION] and [MENTION=10896]GermanBango[/MENTION]

I however think that EBU must:

1. Revert back to "old" system 2009-2012

2. Make the rules more strict about which persons that are allowed in the jury, (for example that at least 2 persons in each jury must be two persons that have participated in ESC before)

Because no, being a music journalist for a newspaper or a magazine don´t make you a "music expert" in my eyes

Dustin the Turkey for :ie:, Verka for :ua:, e.g. all the acts that most jury fanboys hate?

ElRuso

Of course, it has to be some kind of judgement around those "two former contestants" if they should apply it, like that they must have participated x times and so on ;)

In Russian jury, it would be only Kirkorov (as a composer) and Bilan

Grinch

Will there be Big Tournament this year?

Top Bottom