bėga bėga ten, kur ir Tu
Milijonas rožių lyg sentimentai
skęsta jūroje debesų

Sukasi ratu galvoje momentai
bėga bėga ten, kur ir Tu
Milijonas rožių lyg sentimentai
skęsta jūroje debesų

Lance Esgard

Props to how she wiggles her fingers at the precise length so that in the spots where they split and flip half the screen her fingers touch those of her reflection without going deeper and 'merging' with herself. The movements look natural, but it actually requires some precise positioning to pull off.

Last edited:

hijirio

Veteran
I don't know what happened, this happens very rarely but I'm upgrading from :2: to :10:
Now I can see the vibe she's trying to channel with this song.
If she wears an xqueenbitch hat and smokes a long cigarette on stage, I'm upgrading to 12

272577193_10161531262092293_1272877095598634756_n.jpg

Iker

Veteran
Btw. I find the other song of Monika Liu called 'Tiek Jau To' even better than 'Sentimentai' and I love Sentimentai. When that soaring chorus finally hits I am overwhelmed in a state of wonder.

Phoenix

Btw. I find the other song of Monika Liu called 'Tiek Jau To' even better than 'Sentimentai' and I love Sentimentai. When that soaring chorus finally hits I am overwhelmed in a state of wonder.
I gave it a spin and you are right, it's really good on first listen. I'm a sucker for that eerie cinematic sound (Goldfrapp - Felt Mountain album comes to mind). Thx xrose

Zeus

This is the type of song I can imagine to rank highly as a juror, but tend to forget as a casual viewer.

And I think exactly this will happen with this entry. Might be comparable to last years results from Bulgaria/Portugal/Belgium.

Will qualify strongly for the final: good juryscore, some televotes. But in the final: decent juryscore, meh televotes. Place 15-20 or something.

12Pointsgoto.....

This is the type of song I can imagine to rank highly as a juror, but tend to forget as a casual viewer.

And I think exactly this will happen with this entry. Might be comparable to last years results from Bulgaria/Portugal/Belgium.

Will qualify strongly for the final: good juryscore, some televotes. But in the final: decent juryscore, meh televotes. Place 15-20 or something.
I really hope it won't but i won't be suprised if this happens

Sabrewulf238

Personally, I could see it getting a televote score similar to Slovenia 2019. They came 11th with 59 points in the televote.

So, a relatively good televote but nothing crazy either.

escEndre

We have had the pleasure to talk with AMAZING Monika Liu that will compete in this years Eurovision Song Contest representing Lithuania with her song "Sentimentai". Check out the interview here, and please subscribe our YouTube-channel to get the newest interview's with the Eurovision-contestants! xheart

empo21

Veteran
She's such an adorable little acorn xheart I love her

ps Queen of not knowing Keiino

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
My review:

One of the nicest entries this year, it really sets its own mood and the use of Lithuanian language really helps here. I am afraid of what the juries will do here, but if performed right it could do decent across-the-board. It's sensual and quirky at the same time, and somehow the old school sound in a modern package works well here.

Zerocalcare

This morning I decided to give my impressions of the Barcelona Pre Party 2022 and the singers who performed there.

Aside from the fact that the Pre Party stage wasn't great (it's something that can be accepted in a pre-contest), I personally found the sound system terrible. The amateur quality audio did not help the singers express themselves at their best nor did the public enjoy the songs as best they could.

The Pre Party was interesting because, as I expressed in the San Marino thread, it shows the strengths and weaknesses of the singers and their songs.

These opening lines will be the same for all pre-party attendee threads. It's a kind of preface.

Now let's talk about Monika Liu and "Sentimentai". The performance was exceptional, as a true high-level artist, as classy as her song. Monika's voice, as always, was sweet and full of delicate nuances; her sinuous and seductive movements and her enveloping "sophisticated energy". Monika is a singer of great charm, compared to the tigers Ronela and Chanel, she is a fawn with sweet eyes that makes men want to hug and protect her 😆 I open a parenthesis, I don't understand why the Lithuanian singer has not yet been nominated in the Eurovision Song Contest Hot singers thread! Ok... back to the Pre Party, it seems to me that, again if I'm not mistaken, that Monika's performance made the public want to hum "Sentimentai". This is very promising for me. In Turin, I'm sure Monika will hypnotize the public. I feel like bowing to Lithuania which, after the success of The Roop, has made a courageous choice. "Sentimentai" is the answer from a music scene that can look the big music markets in the eye without fear.

Anyway, why did Lithuania and Latvia dominate the Pre Party? Because, compared to the others, music has won: singing and instruments. When singers decide to make music without too much experimentation, the results are always satisfactory.

Top Bottom