flag-800.png

Okay, I feel the rhythm
Something's going on here
The music flows through my veins

It's taking over me, it's slowly kicking in
My eyes are blinking and I don't know what is happening
I can't control it, don't wanna end it
There's no one here and I don't care
I feel it's safe to dance alone (dance alone)

Dance alone (dance alone), dance alone (dance alone)
Dance alone (dance alone), dance alone (dance alone)
Dance alone (dance alone), dance alone

Let's discoteque right at my home
It is okay to dance alone
Dance alone, dance alone (alone)
Dance alone (alone), dance alone (alone)
I got the moves, it's gonna blow

Dance alone, dance alone
Dance alone, dance alone

By dancing on my own
I'm healing wounded soul
My body's shaking, heart is breaking
Have to let it go
I need to get up and put my hands up
There's no one here and I don't care
I feel it's safe to dance alone

Dance alone, dance alone (alone)
Dance alone (alone), dance alone (alone)

Dance alone, dance alone
Dance alone, dance alone

It is okay to dance alone​

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisBubbles

Veteran
On Fire was miles better.

Discoteque just rings hollow and mercenary for me. What a shame.

Loindici

Veteran
I like Discoteque better, although I don't know whether it'll be as polarizing as On Fire (not that On Fire is even more polarizing, but the hype was built quickly with that one). But I do think Discotheque will have a good chance on the contest. It's also something I'll listen outside of the contest's context.

aef

Ok I underestimated this in the morning. I mean I already liked it back then but now I'm just so in love with it! I don't remember if I have been obsessed that much with any Eurovision song before. xheartxheartxheart

The music video ist just excellent. Everything is so well-made! They are delivering a completely new song concept and once again the visuals and the dance moves are out of this world.

Let's just pray for it winning the NF but I honestly don't have any doubts anyway!

And let's be honest, this can be an international hit and the music video has US star quality. I also think it can be something for both juries and televoters.

Mrm

Veteran
@RainyWoods

Lucky you! I don't like "Discoteque" :( xcry, at leastI prefer it to "On fire" a bit..

But "My guy"... xbow I like every single song of Gab Vagelis..it simply can not fail it seems... :eek:

Mrm

Veteran
Gabriel ... didn't really catch me at the first listening.:( I need to listen to it a few more times, hopefully I will get into it without trying hard. Same with The Roop. Unlike others though I wasn't a huge On Fire-Fan last year. But so far I have the feeling that I may like Discotheque more. Let's see after a few more tries.
Try more, believe me, it is awesome..

Mrm

Veteran
"My guy" reminds me of BWO! xbow

This entry is EVERYTHING!
I was a bit afraid of English, but without a reason it seems..

Ezio

Veteran
Much bettuh!! I likey likey

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
400,000 views on the Discoteque video within the space of nine hours. Almost double of what Eurovision televote winners KEiiNO managed for their live performance video in a week. Why are we even holding this NF again? Four pointless shows for a selection that's suffering quality wise, being way weaker than it usually is because there's just no point in even trying. The only way this could go wrong for The Roop is if those in charge have accidentally invited the Dream Team feat. Christer Bjorkman onto the jury.

Not wanting to dance anymore, but I must dance
My Guy is an enjoyable, hazy, synthy vibe that makes you just want to wistfully sway along. However, even as a massive Gabrielius Vagelis fan, I can see there's one clear winner:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

THE ROOP could've easily just relied on pity from televoters and sent in any song; instead, they worked their hearts, souls, and dance moves off to give us an anthem in Discoteque, with another fine-tuned aesthetic laid out.

giphy.gif

elanyvx

The Roop would win regardless with any song, the selection was created to lengthen the time. Surely Gabrielius' song deserves the final show in Lithuania, it is well constructed.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
I've just silenced the words "Roop", "The Roop", "Gabrielius", "Vagelis" and "Gabrielius Vagelis" on Twitter. Finally. What a liberation! I couldn't stand my timeline to be infested by them.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Since I wasn't too crazy about "On Fire" as I really found it shallow outside of a chatchy chorus, I didn't expect to like "Discoteque" but it's a pretty interesting entry actually. Just like in KEiiNO's case, they didn't just rehash their previous success, they built upon it. There's a darkness present in this song, a nocturnal mood that catches my attention. The music video also has such a Twin Peaks mood.

Good job, The Roop! You deserve to win this useless NF for sure.

Mimmon

Veteran
Writing a article about Heat 2 recording and learned some facts about each artist and wierdly alot new debutees in Heat 2...sad that their debut songs are big meh tbh....
I feel like Gebrasy will win the heat

Last edited:

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
I've just silenced the words "Roop", "The Roop", "Gabrielius", "Vagelis" and "Gabrielius Vagelis" on Twitter. Finally. What a liberation! I couldn't stand my timeline to be infested by them.

The thing is, I can still see tweets about them whenever somebody quotes or mentions their shitty songs. Ugh. At this point I will have a list of silenced words long one kilometer, but how can I silence songtitles if they are also songtitles of songs that I love (like "My guy" by Mary Wells)?

Mimmon

Veteran
Writing a article about Heat 2 recording and learned some facts about each artist and wierdly alot new debutees in Heat 2...sad that their debut songs are big meh tbh....
I feel like Gebrasy will win the heat

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
The thing is, I can still see tweets about them whenever somebody quotes or mentions their shitty songs. Ugh. At this point I will have a list of silenced words long one kilometer, but how can I silence songtitles if they are also songtitles of songs that I love (like "My guy" by Mary Wells)?

And now I've just seen a tweet by Wiwibloggs that included the word "The Roop's". UGH!

Top Bottom