flag-800.png

Okay, I feel the rhythm
Something's going on here
The music flows through my veins

It's taking over me, it's slowly kicking in
My eyes are blinking and I don't know what is happening
I can't control it, don't wanna end it
There's no one here and I don't care
I feel it's safe to dance alone (dance alone)

Dance alone (dance alone), dance alone (dance alone)
Dance alone (dance alone), dance alone (dance alone)
Dance alone (dance alone), dance alone

Let's discoteque right at my home
It is okay to dance alone
Dance alone, dance alone (alone)
Dance alone (alone), dance alone (alone)
I got the moves, it's gonna blow

Dance alone, dance alone
Dance alone, dance alone

By dancing on my own
I'm healing wounded soul
My body's shaking, heart is breaking
Have to let it go
I need to get up and put my hands up
There's no one here and I don't care
I feel it's safe to dance alone

Dance alone, dance alone (alone)
Dance alone (alone), dance alone (alone)

Dance alone, dance alone
Dance alone, dance alone

It is okay to dance alone​

Last edited by a moderator:

Loindici

Veteran

seems it's already on streaming services.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
From the get go I found On Fire a rather average song, nothing particularly wrong with it at all and in some respects I enjoyed it - the chorus had a nice hook to it, but I felt the majority of the hype for it come from the "edgy" staging that, imo, didn't fit with a song that was just rather "normal" and run of the mill. Overall I didn't mind it but wasn't here for the hype and thought it was overrated. Discoteque... is just so inferior to On Fire. I think the chorus is terribly bland and not the slightest bit memorable - in fact I actively dislike it. The verses are much better. I wonder if they'll throw some more edgy staging at it to help get hype but i'm not here at all for this song. It's living in the shadow of On Fire big time.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
"Hey, Simon LeBon of noted new wave band Duran Duran, here's every song that has ever been rejected from a Eurovision national final. Can you write us something like this? Thanks!"

A hot-ass mess. But I live.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Wooooow. I'm weirdly touched by My Guy. That was just the sequel to Tave Čia Randu I needed. I think Gabrielius might have topped (at the very least equalled) it with this absolute eargasm. I'm lost in the murky neon haze of it all. What a groove! Gabrielius' voice is gorgeous and those lyrics are BOLD. I wish I didn't didn't have to say it, but they really are. Once again he's in with such a vibey yet emotional song. The synthpop king has delivered. I've had this slice of cherry pie on repeat for half an hour now and can't stop listening to it. The production is *chef's kiss* stunning. What a triumph!

Song of 2021 so far for me. Just bittersweet knowing the David vs Goliath battle it would need to win to go to Eurovision.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Thankfully I like Discoteque a lot more than On Fire. The Roop's previous entry will probably forever remain one of Eurovision's great mysteries to me (I still don't understand that insane hype it enjoyed). Discoteque keeps with the minimalism of On Fire but this time there's actually bit of meat to bite into. Chorus is decent along with the instrumental break that follows. The usage of xylophone I think is my favourite thing about the song as it gives me slight 70s psych horror vibes. Adds a dissonance that I dig. I'm glad The Roop likely won't be anywhere near the bottom of my ranking this year when they inevitably win this selection. Discoteque also warrants a bit more of the eccentricity that we can bet will be on display with the performance. Last year I just found it all irritating. This is overall pretty good I'd say. A success 🙌 First artist I wasn't into from 2020 that has properly upped their game coming back, although I'm sure everyone won't share that same view.

Last edited:

gingerale

I like it. Compared to On Fire it's not giving me winner vibes though.

But Kudos for not trying to copy last year's entry. And I expect staging to elevate the song to an even higher level.

EscGeek

Veteran

"On Fire" was good, maybe a little too liked, but as long as i'm on board, i don't mind. The song had quirky staging, but was way "too normal". Apparently The Roop, Dadi, and Little Big were put in the same categoy by the fandom. Only "uno" of them was truly crazy imo. (i like all three though)

But "Discoteque" is my legit winner of this NF. They need to win again, and i think they will considering the poor overall quality of this PiN 2021.

I feel so blessed that both Uku, and The Roop have massively improved their entries.xyaay

aef

Oh wow, "Discoteque" really is a different, edgy song! LOVE IT! :sneaky::sneaky: But I fear it's too edgy for top 5 at Eurovision? But let's wait and see. We really have to wait for the staging....

mauve

Veteran
Gabriel ... didn't really catch me at the first listening.:( I need to listen to it a few more times, hopefully I will get into it without trying hard. Same with The Roop. Unlike others though I wasn't a huge On Fire-Fan last year. But so far I have the feeling that I may like Discotheque more. Let's see after a few more tries.

HayashiM

Veteran
On Fire's journey with me: "i pretty much hate it" -> "it's kinda ok but I still don't get the hype"
Discoteque's start is the same...

My Guy on the other hand... Not an insta :12:, but Gabrielius is easily the best from this selection, I''ll be rooting for him.

crashworld

Veteran
Is "Discoteque" low-key paying homage to the greatest North Macedonia's entry in ESC ever - "Dance Alone"? LOL.

On first listen, not as catchy as their previous entry and "Dance Alone".
But kudos to them to send something different but still keeping the quirkiness.

mauve

Veteran
Now after afew more listenings I really like Discotheque. So much better than On fire (I never understood the hype around that song).

Gabriel on the other side: I love him so much as an artist, but this song is just bland to me. I had high hopes, but these weren't fullfilled. Nevertheless, the song is still my second favorite after The Roop. But disappointed. :(

Charly

As expected a top 5 favourite returns and deliver another top 5 song. Would be very exciting to see the live staging as that woukd be the key factor to match the song.

empo21

Veteran
Ooh, I think I like this more than On Fire, which seemed to appeal to me because of the iconic choreo, which I'm sure the Roop will deliver again.

AlcOtraz

I wasn't a big fan of "On Fire", at first it looked just well done song with some catchy tunes, but it was a grower to a degree that it popped into your mind and you couldn't get it out, even tho you wouldn't listen to it on your own, but it was with you. I don't know if that will happen with "Discotheque", but to me it starts the same like with "On Fire"... and I can guess how it will end.
Lot of Lith people were eager to send The Roop to Rotterdam even without hearing a new song, for the sake of justice and so on, only way for The Roop to screw it up was a poor song, but it surely didn't happen, a lot of positive reviews, so it's fair to say that we have a winner and it will be the one with huuuge margin. Gabrielius had to come with huge song to beat that, but IMO it didn't happen. He should make it to final, but no one will conquer The Roop.

Top Bottom