flag-800.png

Okay, I feel the rhythm
Something's going on here
The music flows through my veins

It's taking over me, it's slowly kicking in
My eyes are blinking and I don't know what is happening
I can't control it, don't wanna end it
There's no one here and I don't care
I feel it's safe to dance alone (dance alone)

Dance alone (dance alone), dance alone (dance alone)
Dance alone (dance alone), dance alone (dance alone)
Dance alone (dance alone), dance alone

Let's discoteque right at my home
It is okay to dance alone
Dance alone, dance alone (alone)
Dance alone (alone), dance alone (alone)
I got the moves, it's gonna blow

Dance alone, dance alone
Dance alone, dance alone

By dancing on my own
I'm healing wounded soul
My body's shaking, heart is breaking
Have to let it go
I need to get up and put my hands up
There's no one here and I don't care
I feel it's safe to dance alone

Dance alone, dance alone (alone)
Dance alone (alone), dance alone (alone)

Dance alone, dance alone
Dance alone, dance alone

It is okay to dance alone​

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezio

Veteran
Okay, please bear with me

bear-with-me.jpg

But, and it's a big one, I never listen to "I never fall for you again" again. Because, I don't like it, and I don't want it. It's so trashy and negative.

And No from Tits and Beans gets a big No from me as well. A hopeless song in hopeless times is not on demand right now.

BernadetteCydonia

Anyway. I don't know whom has missed me banting about my country's entries, but here we go.

I actually did not mind the quality of the NF much, keeping in mind that The Roop haven't released their song yet. And people are still mad about it, like we were supposed to serve on purpose together with The Roop or make The Roop an afterthought... really though? Some of y'all really wanted all of those artists from 2020 back in 2021, so don't act like you don't know ha anymore. And LRT really opened the window of submission a bit late, honestly, so might as well explain why such a low amount of entries, also.

The two songs that feel interesting to me and woooorthy, [they] are wooorthy (~ Donata) of the semifinal were Milita's and Martyna's. I do acknowledge that Martyna's televote feels somewhat of a foul play in comparison to Titas and Benas only having 900+, but at least there were some high votes on the first show, and honestly... do you expect Lithuania's first heats to be the best on the get go? Milita was fine, not a huge fan of her song but at least she got a song, and she's a performer.

Be U and Titas & Benas were also nice enough, but Be U feels less "put-people-to-sleep"-like among the two. The latter are just two pretty boys with a ballad... not good enough for a 2nd place but I guess when even the juries find the semi pish, all you are left with is this...

Not gonna comment why and how Voldemars Petersons got so high. I'm just that dumbfounded. But for a jury that's not expecting anything straightforwardly Eurovision and straightforwardly performed, Voldemars Petersons meanwhile had tried for 3 years in a row already, 2 of them with songs he created. So he performed technically on the right track, and so the juries really rated it... but I wouldn't personally believe it was worth 12 points collectively from the jury. Well good luck to the mans in the semi then? We'll see how will the pedestool be maintained by him, only if for a show.

From NQs, I don't really miss that much. I did like Black Spikes, but the one Instastory that Koala has shown, where their featured artist Indrė told a juror to go f*** herself because she admitted to be likely scared to meet them dressed like this... might as well bare them or burden them from getting into next year's NFs? xD It happens often that LRT showmakers are self aware enough when a contestant, or someone close to them, complains over their result and blames it on jury and whatnot. They saw when Tiramisu complained 2 years ago, for example (and their show featured some sort of a creature as well, like Black Spikes had these tall-headed goddesses of black). And Migloko got a fair share of ear-pinching from the HoD because of her middle fingers (though ended up on an LRT project after Eurovision once anyway). So yeah, might as well explain why they don't wanna see Martyna burst out in a "Fuck you very much!" like her previous song title stated, or else she gon' face repercussions...

There was also Donata, with a generique Perssons song, which the jury also kinda overrated because of her performance??? well glad to see them hearing a song that's not retro and rating it well through and through but come on... working with Perssons is a kiss of death, because they never won, and will not make you win a NF ever. At least Georgios Kalpakides managed to score one for himself with Anna Odobescu. But that's just how easily impressable Moldova is - you put forward a composer that has the most cred to their name, and they're easily a winning target. Moldova, meanwhile, realizes what has their standart become, and filters out even Perssons.

I'm glad we think Twosome's welcome was way overstated. They were fun to see on X Factor Celebrities season on another channel, perhaps, but often the acts that aren't seen seriously from there will always be neglected anyways (see 120). You have to do funny with a precise self awareness that hits right, and that is actually catchy and not a mess (see Antikvariniai Kašpirovskio Dantys). Twosome can instead be invited to children parties with their bear costumes and what not. For the NF it got boring real quick...

Oh I also liked Aldegunda and Thomukas. The former I think had a catchier song in 2019, "Sit Down" suffers from sonar dissonance with electronic verses and rocky chorus, and Lithuanian language in our NF is always the question point from juries - they either go "huh Lithuanian that's nice" or just don't let you pass with a native language song regardless. That's the way of our NF sadly. The latter... I always like rooting for the hopeless, yanno? "Wish" had a bit of this weird charm for me that made me vote it almost out of pity, because for what I know, Thomukas seems like a genuinely nice guy, it's just that his song (and the mullet) wasn't it.

Not expecting much more from heat 2, honestly. Yes, even based on only 3 songs publicly made available (and one that will be released on Spotify in Wednesday, unless that one actually outweighs the bad of the rest of NF). Feel like pure shit just want to hear Discoteque and be over with x

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Not expecting much more from heat 2, honestly. Yes, even based on only 3 songs publicly made available (and one that will be released on Spotify in Wednesday, unless that one actually outweighs the bad of the rest of NF). Feel like pure shit just want to hear Discoteque and be over with x

Tell us more about that

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Oh it's by a man, so don't bother

Boohoo. Btw, I think Donata Vidbiraite has "infected" Ylva & Linda too with her "nonspotifyness", usually they publish all their NF-songs there but they haven't done the same yet for TWIA

Loindici

Veteran
Boohoo. Btw, I think Donata Vidbiraite has "infected" Ylva & Linda too with her "nonspotifyness", usually they publish all their NF-songs there but they haven't done the same yet for TWIA

Ugh, Ylva and Linda. Ugh.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Ugh, Ylva and Linda. Ugh.

We can say what we want about them (I never particularly care for their songs, even though I enjoyed "Walk the talk" in the 2018 Latvian NF), but at least they are professional and put their songs on Spotify. Other regular NF-composers, like Samuel Bugia Garrido or Rafael Artesero, don't give a damn about it.

Sammy

Veteran
@GianlucaTomoe
Just out of curiosity: Do you like songs written by men but sung by women, or do you only accept 100% female acts (including choreographer,...)

BernadetteCydonia

it takes time for them to negotiate the rights of using the artist, just wait maybe

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
@GianlucaTomoe
Just out of curiosity: Do you like songs written by men but sung by women, or do you only accept 100% female acts (including choreographer,...)

Yes, there are some amazing male composers who write beautiful songs for female singers, an example is those composers who wrote songs for Mia Martini through the years

Looren

Veteran
Here is finally my ranking of the first SF :

So amazing that it can be my ESC 2021 winner :

1. Titas & Benas "No" : The most touching and beautiful performance, they were the best vocally and the song is everything that I love, thank you guys

Not bad :

2. Milita "Shadows" : Her performance was really not bad
3. Be U "Love Yourself" : I enjoyed this

Not sure of what to think about it :

4. Black Spikes & Indré Launikonyté "Don't tell me" : Not my cup of tea but the performance was not bad

Bad :

5. Voldemars Petersons "Never Fall For You Again" : I don't know what to say, it's just bad
6. Donata Virbilaité "The Way I Am" : I like her voice but the song is really bad
7. Aldegunda "Sit Down" : Nope
8. Twosome "I love my bear" : Is this a joke ?

Shit :

9. Martyna Jezepcikaité "Thank You Very Much" : I really hate this one, it's everything that I dislike

My ears are bleeding :

10. Thomukas "Wish" : When is he singing ?

Mrm

Veteran
Second Heat is being filmed today. Gabrielius's song will be out on Friday 22th Jan (on his instagram).

This sounds promising, I think Gabrielius Vagelis has a good entry in the pocket and can challenge The Roop! xyes

Top Bottom