4 1.9%

14 6.8%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Lithuania-scaled.jpg

LastDreamer

Banned
Eurovision doesn't need in modern sound. We live in the era, when popular hits sounds like one endless song on repeat.
Leave Eurovision alone. My main dream about the contest is a comeback in 90s, when Eurovision was on the lowest point of popularity. Bring back that good old days, I wish to have that "contest for European housewives" again.

Loindici

Veteran
Eurovision doesn't need in modern sound. We live in the era, when popular hits sounds like one endless song on repeat.
Leave Eurovision alone. My main dream about the contest is a comeback in 90s, when Eurovision was on the lowest point of popularity. Bring back that good old days, I wish to have that "contest for European housewives" again.

Is it just me or does this just not work, at all? The fact Eurovision becomes even more public and global... is a good thing to survive the entertainment mayhem of the future. Eurovision just gets bigger and bigger.

LastDreamer

Banned
Why Eurovision lost the auditory in 90s after very successful 70s and 80s ?
So everything is possible and maybe one day my dream will come true.

hijirio

Veteran

Keep your unpopular opinions to urself.
tenor.gif

The contest is there for everyone's enjoyment. It's a very selfish attitude to deprive 99% of the fandom of their biggest fun in life, just to please some desparate housewives.
If Eurovision is unable to serve your music taste any longer, you can just change direction and look for such songs elsewhere.

Sammy

Veteran
Maybe because in the 70s and 80s there were far less TV channels, far less other opportunities to spend a saturday evening like Internet, gaming, more diverse forms of going out,...? Those surely are not the only factors but they are quite significant ones that people often forget because they do not consider the enormous changes in society especially in the last decade of the past century.

Koori

tenor.gif

The contest is there for everyone's enjoyment. It's a very selfish attitude to deprive 99% of the fandom of their biggest fun in life, just to please some desparate housewives.
If Eurovision is unable to serve your music taste any longer, you can just change direction and look for such songs elsewhere.

Feel sorry for you guys, after leaving Russian forum he now terrorizes you there with "amazing" lithuanian bands and songs who should've been lost and forgotten somewhere between 1995 and 1996...Keep strong xrollinglol

Mrm

Veteran
Leave LastDreamer alone!
Everyone can express opinion here.. :(

elanyvx

"I have no doubt that Gabrielius's song will be played by radio stations, but if there is another such song in English at Eurovision, I doubt he will succeed. Lithuanian vocals sound better when there are elements of folklore" said A. Mamontovas about the performance of Vagelis.

The jury voted for Fusedmarc's victory, they are unreliable. :sleep:

Last edited:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I agree with LastDreamer's feelings for modern music and have been criticised for sharing similar opinions in the Melodifestivalen topic, an NF which I for many, many years loved deeply and cared about. When you go from loving almost thirty songs to barely being able to find one or two to enjoy, it's frustrating, and I'm very open and will listen to all kinds of music.

A lot of pop music at the moment is a series of indistinguishable beeps and robotic wah wah wahs seemingly programmed for edgelord teenagers. I find it mostly all so charmless and I feel like these songs will age absolutely terribly. I would take LastDreamer's HouseWifeVision any day over the samey sounding cold burger bun with no meat but an alive fly instead songs of today.

Daybreak

The contest is there for everyone's enjoyment.

I largely agree with your post, but the above statements are kind of at odds with each other. As long as he's not going around telling everyone who disagrees with him their music tastes suck, it's perfectly fine to have different preferences even if they're unpopular. There wouldn't be much point of a forum if it was just an echo chamber.

I do have a bit of advice to @LastDreamer, though. This whole thing sort of reminds me of myself as a teenager when I had a nostalgic streak for music I grew up with, and this attitude (that good music was only made in some past time and new stuff is bad) is quite common in general, with some people never changing their minds. But I now consider accepting that change happens and it's not necessarily bad, and learning to like different things, a big part of being an adult. That obviously doesn't mean you have to jump on every newer trend - you can still have a genre or an era of music which you love most (I also still listen to the 90s/early 2000s stuff I liked before), but you might miss out of genuinely good new music you could like if you're automatically biased against anything different from what you're used to. :)

The jury voted for Fusedmarc's victory, they are unreliable. :sleep:

It wasn't the exact same jury though, right? A different jury can make a different call after all.

LastDreamer

Banned

BorisBubbles

Veteran
You do you, but just in case I would recommend Kristina to change her phone number, pin codes and email address JUST to be on the safe side.

BernadetteCydonia

As long as he's not going around telling everyone who disagrees with him their music tastes suck, it's perfectly fine to have different preferences even if they're unpopular.

Gurl. He lambasted people for putting Suus up as their favourite Albanian entry. (And for liking Ktheju tokës.)

I can surely bet that Boris for example agrees with this sentiment too, that Suus deserves lambasting, but maybe not the way the attitude needs to be handled? Can sometimes come across as too snobby and pretentious.

Mrm

Veteran
@RainyWoods

What do you think of the pic of Gabrielius Vagelis's Semi performance?
Is that girl in the pic, maybe the one from my signature? xcry

LastDreamer

Banned
In my head I like to imagine LastDreamer in the land of Lithuania right now with a suitcase of simcards, a box of chocolates and a wedding ring. It would be a great base for an epic Eurovision fan fiction.
The bride is ready.

kristina-ivanova-63427664.jpg

She didn't show up in Atranka 2020, because very busy with her personal life.

Last edited:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Gurl. He lambasted people for putting Suus up as their favourite Albanian entry. (And for liking Ktheju tokës.)

I can surely bet that Boris for example agrees with this sentiment too, that Suus deserves lambasting, but maybe not the way the attitude needs to be handled? Can sometimes come across as too snobby and pretentious.

Well, Suus is my favourite Eurovision entry of all time (or close to being, for sure top 3) and I still get on with both Lastdreamer and Boris. Can't we all just be friends, occasionally gently shading each others questionable taste in peace? I don't see the difference really between LastDreamer expressing his distaste for certain songs vs anyone else doing it, just that he has taste that's different than most other people here which makes his comments stand out. What really is the problem?

Top Bottom