4 2.4%

8 4.8%

8 4.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, now that I know the meaning of the song, or I hope I do, this song is more beautiful. Basically it's meant to be a lullaby, to help calm the people of Latvia that were afraid in the early days of when russia invaded Ukraine.

Really?

"Used to think we lived in a world so beautiful
You see, I think I don't believe in this stuff anymore"

If that's it I'm taking back my cheesy comment and upgrading this to 10.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I like the instrumental, especially the introduction. It's a vibe we don't see that often in Eurovision. I wish it was less drowned out in the rest of the song. There are two other glaring negative points for me : the vocals, and the chorus. And I'm sure the first one is responsible for the second.
His voice is too soft for this, imo the song would benefit from it being scratchier and deeper. The whole package lacks personality, it seems like a missed opportunity so for now it's a :6:

martin

Latvia is one of the worst country last 20 years. Only 6 place in 2015 and 15 place in 2016. All other years from 2009 to 2022 out in semifinal. Hopefully they get to final this year. One of the best entry ever from Latvia. Maybe only Brainstorm and Walters and Kazha was better.

This is beautiful and give me goosebumps. Finally something i like from Latvia

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool
I'm torn away about this song. I quite like its "indie" feel and objectively this is one of the most interesting songs of this season so far, if not the most, because well they're the only ones in their own league. But i heard it once and it left me barely no impression and for some season i have a hard time to go back to it. Something's blocking me, i can't put my finger into.
Now watch this growing on me a lot in the coming weeks lol

Yazy

I like this better than Estonian and Lithuanian entries.
It could even become the best Baltic entry of this year (but only if Finland screws up though).

I´m giving this a :6:.

This is a slow grower. However, that is also why I am concerned about the fate of this entry.
I just keep thinking back how "Mall" in 2018 would not have qualified if it was televote only.

rasmuslights

Veteran
TBH I think this will have no problem qualifying even though it's in semi-1. I think it will find its fans. It reminds me of how we were scared of Portugal, the Netherlands, Iceland, Lithuania for example last year but all of them qualified comfortably with the televote as well (not Iceland but still). So I think we are scared for Latvia just because it's not the most immediate song and something the jury would normally like but I think some televoters like what the jury likes as well. Not saying it will be top 5 in the semi but I can't imagine this being one of the songs that miss out in a semi with 15 countries (Ireland and Malta are out so far I think. Maybe even Croatia that one is hard to predict.)

Loindici

Veteran
This song is *chef's kiss* good, but it needs a staging as atmospheric/monochrome/static-feeling as the song. A regular band staging might not help enchance anything about the song.

I'm ashamed i didn't really pay attention to this before and diaregarded its chances. A :10: for now.

crashworld

Veteran
Sorry, just not for me. There is nothing much going on and forgettable at best. Not going to listen to it ever again (GOD, I am sounding like a broken record). Another :3:.

Ajeje Brazorf

Sorry, but I'm obsessed. It's incredible how this song keeps growing on me listening after listening, expecially because wasn't my no. 1 of Supernova after the snippets came out. And now I'm improving it to a :12:: it's the first one of the season for me. I just can't resist, I really like this one so much, for reasons I can't explain! For me this song is in pole position to win the "Saudade, saudade Award" of 2023.

Noah95

I really liked their performance at the Moldovan's NF last night, I hope they keep the long note at the end.
This is a SF1 fave I currently worry about the most, but hope enough viewers will be able to connect with it and appreciate it and that they make it to the final :)

Their live performance is so beautiful!

The vocalist is amazing. Reminds me of some strange blend of Bono Vox, Chris Martin and David Bowie.

Live performance really adds a lot for them!

IK that the sound of it is "old". But I don't mind it as it's so obvious that they wrote this song, that it is their own, that they live it.

However, they had been incredibly lucky not to be in the same semi with Slovenia'a Joker Out. These are animals on stage literally. If they meet on Grand Final night one will cancel another for sure.

Regardless I hope Latvia qualifies.

I'll be voting from Croatia for Finland, Latvia, Moldova and Češka in this semi.

Noone else.

Top Bottom