• Total voters

Realest

Re: LATVIA 2018

For me the Winner is:

Mrm

Veteran

:eek: :eek: :eek:

This song from Latvian NF 2018 is veeeeeeery interesting!!

What a strange video…I think I like this… :)

Mrm

Veteran

[MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION]

Have you checked this one above...can be really interesting..

MyHeartIsYours

It has got to be Markus Riva! xheart What a great song, probably my favourite from any NF I have heard up to now!

If not, Edgar Kreilis is good too, and Agnese Stengrevics not bad either.

Geborgenheit

No Markus Riva please. Luckily, he is not as popular in Latvia as among fans here.

I hope for Madara. Europe will not understand us ( Latvians like to say this phrase), but at least it will be something in Latvian and beautiful.

kamc

Genuinely surprised at the lack of interest in Ed Rallidae's song:eek:
I think it's the most expertly produced and modern sounding, with the potential for really impressive staging.
I hope Latvia will pick it.

A-lister

Veteran

No Markus Riva please. Luckily, he is not as popular in Latvia as among fans here.

I hope for Madara. Europe will not understand us ( Latvians like to say this phrase), but at least it will be something in Latvian and beautiful.

I hope for Madara too...

So he's not so popular in Latvia? Let's hope that's true... it would be a loss not to send Madara

Geborgenheit

So he's not so popular in Latvia? Let's hope that's true...

I think he is not so popular, because he is participating since many years, but he is never in Top 3, he is never close to be selected.
He has participated in one Ukrainian talent show. Actually, I believe he has been more popular there than in Latvia.
Although with every year he has more and more chances.

Good luck to Madara! She is completely unknown. I hope the fact that the song is in Latvian will play in her favour.

NNR

Genuinely surprised at the lack of interest in Ed Rallidae's song:eek:
I think it's the most expertly produced and modern sounding, with the potential for really impressive staging.
I hope Latvia will pick it.

Me too, I'm honestly surprised so few people seem to like it. It's a serious dark horse. Also worth noting that it's written by Aminata, who sang for Latvia in 2015, and wrote Heartbeat for Justs in 2016.

Latvia have a reasonably okay contest this year. A few good songs in there. Laura Rizzotto, Ed Rallidae, Markus Riva, Katrine Lukins.. maybe Edgars Kreilis if his song gets a lyrical fix.

AlekS

Veteran

Kairit

I love Esamiba so much, and it was the only song I listened to from the NF months ago. I've already known nothing can reach it, but I decided to have a listen of the other songs anyway and I discovered that I actually really like the selection nevertheless. I decided to put together my top 3 from each semi.

SF 1

1. Agnese Stengrevics - You Are My World ... I think it's a great anthemic euro-dance track & just the type I enjoy, it's not perfect and it's not original, but I'm excited to see the performance tonight.
2. Katrina Gupalo & the Black Birds - Intoxicating Caramel ... I love, love the wildness of the song. It's nonsense, but charming & I like listening to it.
3. Rahu the fool - Oh, Long River ... What a cute quirky little track. It stands out and there's just a sweet authenticity in this that I admire.

I also quite like Sudden Lights from this semi.

SF 2

1. Madara - Esamiba ... This, makes my existence :mrgreen: From the very first listen I fell in love with it, cried to it, went to heaven, had an existential revelation to it :lol: :lol: The cello, her voice ... how they dance together ... Purely stunning.
2. Riga Reggae - Stop The War U2 ... LOL. Kind of in love with this. Didn't know what to think of this at the start, but it is super catchy honestly and a bit of fun.
3. Ritvars - Who's Counting? ... Love this minimalist intimate feel. The guitar coming in and all these instrumental nuances are super nice... I don't know, it's a chill subtly off the wall and awkward track, but I enjoy it. Even if it wouldn't work for Eurovision at all.

Speaking of Markus Riva, he doesn't have a bad song, and the chorus is quite a bop, but it's definetly in no way enough to make an impact at Eurovision. I won't forgive Latvia if they don't send Madara tbh, but I especially won't if they send this.xshifty

SF3
Definetly the worst semi
1. Laura Rizzotto - Funny Girl ... I can definetly get behind this, wonderfully dramatic with a great instrumental. Not digging it as much as Esamiba at all, but I get the hype and depending on the staging it could do well.
2. Lauris Valters - Lovers Bliss ... It's a fun track and needed in this NF, though not something I'd listen to.
3. Kris & Oz - Morning flight ... Another interesting one/Intoxicating Caramel part 2 that isn't quite as good. But still, I like it!

The song Aminata wrote... I love her so much, but I'm definetly disappointed by that song, it just doesn't work that well to me.

I'm so afraid to know the results of this NF in the end xwait Esamiba is genuinely one of my favourite national final songs ever, my NF season would be made if she won, but I'm also afraid to lose this song.

NNR

I will never get tired of Aminata's voice. It's amazing to see such vocal power from such a diminutive and delicate looking person.

Geborgenheit

The first song is already such a trash. I apologise to all foreigners watching this.

Mattan

Looks like LTV doesn't want people to watch Supernova. Not sure what good the beaver's popularity did them, but it played a part in my decision to go watch the final live.

On an unrelated note, does anyone have a spare beaver costume? xshifty

Top Bottom