16 5.4%

9 3.0%

6 2.0%

6 2.0%

32 10.8%

• Total voters

arlekino

Pity she can't enter next year with "The Bound":D

Yes! My favorite songs from that album are: Love Injected, Land of Nibiru, The Bound and Dualism. xlove
You should be very proud of her! She's really talented! :D

Pawhlen

I´m very happy that :lv: after 10 hard years finally came top 10 again, I´m not a hardcore fan of "Love Injected" but it deserved a top 10 placing after that amazing performance Aminata did.

Well done :lv: xup

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
amina.jpg

I, for one, could not stop laughing.

kamc

I'm still too obsessed with this song even after the contest....just a masterpiece and possibly my favourite eurovision song of all time!

tuorem

Time for me to review the Latvian entry this year :D

Aminata - Love Injected

Song: Every year, I'm curious about what Latvia is coming up with because, even though they've seemed not to go anywhere for the last six years, they never sent bland songs imo. Of course, some were no hopers imo (2009, 2013) while some others could have fared reasonably well (2011, 2012) and others were nice additions to the contest (2010, 2014). Tbh I don't know why Latvia has been so underrated and rejected for 6 years xshrug After so many failures, last places and second-to-last places in the semis, I thought no real worthy artist would be willing to represent Latvia soon, with a solid song because it seems that that country needs a strong entry to hope for qualification, unlike their Lithuanian neighbours :rolleyes: But I've read here that 2015 could break the curse, that they chose to send a refined-and-not-too-accessible composition, that it deserved to qualify and that the singer was Worth some compliments as well. And... hell yeah xheat I listened to the song for the first time during the semi and I was impressed. I kind of knew what to expect since some people compared "Love Injected" with "Suus", and that's a relevant analogy imo, there is this kind of magnetic power to it. This is a schizophrenic ballad with electronic elements, the moderate-paced verses sung with a soft and high-pitched voice set an intriguing atmosphere since I was curious about what it was leading to, it's very unusual for Eurovision and I guess that it made people keep on paying attention to it. And then... comes out of nowhere a wall of sound that runs through you xheat the extremes changes of the chorus contrast a lot with the verses: the pace is much slower, the singer's voice just explode and take you on the music notes like a rollercoaster. I like that there is a lot "air" in the song, there are silences and the arrangements aren't providing us with superfluous elements. This is a very refreshing song, modern-sounding and powerful. The last chorus is vocally exhilarating and the "oh-oh" that end the song are adding to the catchiness of all this. Almost sounds like an anthemic song imo. I had to get used to the verses though, I didn't know what to think of it at first, but after a few listenings, I totally value the power and richness of the composition. It's not that I was underrating Latvia myself, but I didn't expect them to send something so sophisticated. Well done guys!

Voice: Voices are the main elements in this song, and Aminata just killed it. The tone of her voice is interesting. Outstanding performances, her vocals were even better than in the studio version. This song live = Life. The backing vocalists did a great job as well, they do truly add power to the choruses.

Staging: The staging was as good as the rest, they knew what they were doing with this. I liked all the "redness" on the screens and on the floor (and her dress too). Aminata looked like some mystic idol, both her gestures and the camerawork produced a really artsy performance. The song didn't need anything else than her on stage anyway. No mistake whatsoever, this had a winner package really.

Outcome: I am happy that Latvia finally qualified, and even more satisfied that it was with that particular song. Then things only got better with the final second half allocation and the generous slot given (19th), at least one song that ORF didn't screw in the final. I was glad that Aminata reached this 6th place, it's a great revenge for Latvia I'm sure, but I was kind of bitter as well because she deserved to be higher than this and the voting was awful, how come she almost never received big points? Shame. The juries' top 10 is a mess but I'm glad they ranked Latvia 2nd (why not 1st by the way? was "Heroes" better than this?) Anyway, Latvia is officially my winner this year (and for the first time ever), amazing song that would have been an insane winner, I wouldn't have imagined what would have been its impact on the next contest xfaint She was the best of the actual final top 6 but I guess it's already a fantastic final place :) Well done Latvia, I so hope that it'll encourage you to send another entry with that level of quality. xcheer

Schlagerman1

Have you ever imagined if "Love Injected" would sound if selected as a bond theme? Maybe something like this:

Will always love you Aminata! xrose

Preuss

Who did the staging for this entry? :D

2015 was like crazy strong imo where a majority of my favourites did well

ESC94

This was one of my favourites in 2015 and a great contrast to all the slow ballads that year.

Mystic, atmospheric und sung by a great artist with an interesting voice. :12: from me and my second place from 2015!! :cool:

Last edited:

MiraWarninyi

seeing now, 4 years after, I think she should be the esc winner. everything was magical and on point. sadly, it wasn't appealing enough to the huge mass.

Top Bottom