Contact us

Kazakhstan KAZAKHSTAN 2018 - Not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
kazakhstan_640.png

Sabiondo

Re: KAZAKHSTAN 2018

The question is: ¿When EBU will leave their double standards and allowed the :kz: debut in ESC as well? :confused: :rolleyes:

tuorem

hijirio

Veteran

I want them to participate but under one condition:

A song in Kazakh !!!

I love Kazakh language so much

A-lister

Veteran

The question is: ¿When EBU will leave their double standards and allowed the :kz: debut in ESC as well? :confused: :rolleyes:

Nah, it's not an English speaking country belonging to the Western/Anglo-Saxic cultural and political sphere, I mean sure it has a geographical European part larger than some European countries, which by definition makes it closer to Europe than Australia, and they broadcasted the contest for some years already, but we can ignore these facts and EBU certainly won't let them in.

Chances we see USA, Canada and New Zealand are higher than a country which actually is partly within Europe, I rest my case!

randajad

Veteran

Tbh, I'd like it more to see New Zealand jn Eurovision than Kazakhstan, and even than microstates.

Laepo1

how would it affect the bloc voting if kazakhstan entered?

Gabe

Super Moderator
Staff member

how would it affect the bloc voting if kazakhstan entered?

High points for Russia and Turkey if they came back. High for Azerbaijan too probably.

Laepo1

High points for Russia and Turkey if they came back. High for Azerbaijan too probably.

I see. They already get enough points :x but it would be nice to have a new different country, especially one that western europe knows nothing about.

But I guess that in case of a win they would host on a european country no? I mean, the hour difference there must be at least 4 or 5.

ParadiseES

I think they should try to join that Asiavision invention instead. They fit more there.

DanielLuis

I think they should try to join that Asiavision invention instead. They fit more there.

Do they though? Kazhakstan seem to wish to participate in European stuff instead of Asian stuff. If they prefer Eurovision, I think they should be allowed in it. It's a completely different situation from Australia, in my view.

DenizESC

Banned

I think Kazakhstan will fit perfectly well in ESC and they actually are partly in Europe so there should be no real arguments against them not to mention that Kazakhstan always takes part in European (sports) events just like Israel for example who is 0% in Europe. Also these days it looks like Eurovision is turning into Worldvision anyway. I wouldn't be too surprised if that actually happened in 10 years. Some fans might dislike that but Australia is staying in the contest even though EBU once said it was for 1 year. And at some point this will make more countries want to join and there will also be no arguments against them while having Australia. Australia can take part, then why can an actual European country not take part... Plus like I said the contest obviously is turning into a Worldvision.

No no never xheat

? Why ¿

Top Bottom