Contact us

Kazakhstan KAZAKHSTAN 2018 - Not taking part

Realest

Oh no, not another Problemcountry. We have enough of them.

John1

I'm so glad to see that :kz: is still as determined to take part at both the ESC/JESC as :li:. It'll happen anytime soon. ;)

A-lister

Veteran

Realest

I have prejudices towards such countries after countries like :am:, :ru: and :az: politisize the contest whereever they can.
Also its to mention that 21% of the Population is russian and nohate, but that means another safe 10-12 Points for Russia nomatter how good/bad the Song is, which is very unfair for countries like :ch:, :at: and :cz: f.e. who dont belong a certain Block.

John1

I have prejudices towards such countries after countries like :am:, :ru: and :az: politisize the contest whereever they can.
Also its to mention that 21% of the Population is russian and nohate, but that means another safe 10-12 Points for Russia nomatter how good/bad the Song is, which is very unfair for countries like :ch:, :at: and :cz: f.e. who dont belong a certain Block.

Here we go for this endless drama...

A-lister

Veteran

So good then that EBU introduced politicized juries to vote for countries regardless of entries aswell to balance the diaspora votes :lol:

hijirio

Veteran

Austria won 3 years ago with no certain block, so to say.
And any country would have won sending Conchita Wurst with that song.
Plus, she lost to Trackshittaz in 2012, they didn't know her value until the channel chose her internally.
The reason why these countries are unsuccessful is because they don't take the contest seriously. The public interest is low, making quality of the songs in national selection low as well.

I am looking forward to see what Kazakhstan has to offer.

Realest

Austria won 3 years ago with no certain block, so to say.
And any country would have won sending Conchita Wurst with that song.
Plus, she lost to Trackshittaz in 2012, they didn't know her value until the channel chose her internally.
The reason why these countries are unsuccessful is because they don't take the contest seriously. The public interest is low, making quality of the songs in national selection low as well.

I am looking forward to see what Kazakhstan has to offer.

Its not only about Winning, there are some other Places. Nathan Trent received 0 Points with an average Song, but we know if he represented Russia he would have got at least 80 Points which means a safe Top10 in the Televoting with Twice as much Points as the 11th Place (:az:).

Realest

So good then that EBU introduced politicized juries to vote for countries regardless of entries aswell to balance the diaspora votes :lol:

Well, the only Juries who vote politically are most of the EX-UDssR Juries. The other ones seemed to be pretty unpolitically imo with a few exceptions.

Realest

Here we go for this endless drama...

Yes, I know.. Its offtopic, but as long the armenian, Azeri and belarussian Televoters dont prove to be objective, im against new countries from that region. 2014 f.e. :ru: didnt sent a regional Superstar who is allover known in that region and or a song who is somehow representative for the common Musicculture and neither was :ru: somehow a Topfavorite. So it was finally a very good opportunity to give those Twins the Points that they deserve and that was definetily no 12. But no, they failed miserably.

John1

Yes, I know.. Its offtopic, but as long the armenian, Azeri and belarussian Televoters dont prove to be objective, im against new countries from that region. 2014 f.e. :ru: didnt sent a regional Superstar who is allover known in that region and or a song who is somehow representative for the common Musicculture and neither was :ru: somehow a Topfavorite. So it was finally a very good opportunity to give those Twins the Points that they deserve and that was definetily no 12. But no, they failed miserably.

Then you're opposed to Eastern European countries such as :ua:, :by:, :am:, :az:, :lt:, :lv:, :ee:, :fi:, :ge:?

Maybe that's the reason why :ru: is making it through the grand final everytime? No. A big no. The only viable ''reason'' is that they've kept sending flawless entries for 2006. Moreover, its only utter train wreck from 2014 was provoked by the lack of respect from the audience. That's basically how I'd sum it up.

hijirio

Veteran
Its not only about Winning, there are some other Places. Nathan Trent received 0 Points with an average Song, but we know if he represented Russia he would have got at least 80 Points which means a safe Top10 in the Televoting with Twice as much Points as the 11th Place (:az:).

I doubt that :?
Russia never sent such a dull song that I'd compare it to.
I don't think it'd get zero points, but neither so high as 80.
Many songs got 20-40 points this year, I guess it would place somewhere between them.
Ukraine has the same voting potential as Russia and we saw this year how low they could get with televotes.
It's all about the SONG.
Nathan might be a great personality but I had to hear his song 10 times until I could finally remember the chorus. :D

Realest

Then you're opposed to Eastern European countries such as :ua:, :by:, :am:, :az:, :lt:, :lv:, :ee:, :fi:, :ge:?

Maybe that's the reason why :ru: is making it through the grand final everytime? No. A big no. The only viable ''reason'' is that they've kept sending flawless entries for 2006. Moreover, its only utter train wreck from 2014 was provoked by the lack of respect from the audience. That's basically how I'd sum it up.

NO, the other Countries might give :ru: overaverage Points as well, but not always a 10 or 12 nomatter what the song is, f.e. :ee: gave deservedly :nl: their 12 without having diasporas. Only :am: and :az: should leave for their unneccessary politisation.

Realest

I doubt that :?
Russia never sent such a dull song that I'd compare it to.
I don't think it'd get zero points, but neither so high as 80.
Many songs got 20-40 points this year, I guess it would place somewhere between them.
Ukraine has the same voting potential as Russia and we saw this year how low they could get with televotes.
It's all about the SONG.
Nathan might be a great personality but I had to hear his song 10 times until I could finally remember the chorus. :D

I can assure you that "Flame is burning would receive at least 10-12 from :am:, :az:, :by:, 6-8 from :md: :ee: :lv: :ge: and at least 4-6 from :lt: :il: :de: :cz: and 1-3 from :pt: :bg: and :it:
And no, not everything is only about the Song. Or do you think the belarussian 12 Points in 2004, 2005 or 2014 f.e. had anything to do with music? Would any other Country receive the same 12 Points from :by:?
And no, :ua: doesnt have the same Votingpotential. They have only high Diasporas in :it: :pt: :cz: and medium Diasporas in :ru: :ge: :md: and :by:. But at least they are a bit objective and didnt give their weaker entries from 2005/17 tons of blind votes.

But as said, the unfair Advantage for :ru: was only my second problem with :kz:.

hijirio

Veteran
I can assure you that "Flame is burning would receive at least 10-12 from :am:, :az:, :by:, 6-8 from :md: :ee: :lv: :ge: and at least 4-6 from :lt: :il: :de: :cz: and 1-3 from :pt: :bg: and :it:
And no, not everything is only about the Song. Or do you think the belarussian 12 Points in 2004, 2005 or 2014 f.e. had anything to do with music? Would any other Country receive the same 12 Points from :by:?
And no, :ua: doesnt have the same Votingpotential. They have only high Diasporas in :it: :pt: :cz: and medium Diasporas in :ru: :ge: :md: and :by:. But at least they are a bit objective and didnt give their weaker entries from 2005/17 tons of blind votes.

But as said, the unfair Advantage for :ru: was only my second problem with :kz:.

Your argument looks randomly built.
Funny how you can be so sure about all these points.
Everyone assumed Azerbaijan would be top 5 forever until 2014, now no one complains about their results.
Russia is also lucky enough to get so many good results with good singers. They not only get good results from televoting, but also from juries too.
Success is no coincidence.

Also, your assumption with Ukrainian diaspora is so random.
Just check which countries they get most points from, and also those from Russia.
They are same countries more or less.
Portugal, Italy and Czech Republic is out of top 5 countries voting for them.
Never heard of Ukrainian diaspora in these countries, let alone calling them high compared to :ru: :ge: :md: and :by: being medium :D :D

Realest

Your argument looks randomly built.
Funny how you can be so sure about all these points.
Everyone assumed Azerbaijan would be top 5 forever until 2014, now no one complains about their results.
Russia is also lucky enough to get so many good results with good singers. They not only get good results from televoting, but also from juries too.
Success is no coincidence.

Also, your assumption with Ukrainian diaspora is so random.
Just check which countries they get most points from, and also those from Russia.
They are same countries more or less.
Portugal, Italy and Czech Republic is out of top 5 countries voting for them.
Never heard of Ukrainian diaspora in these countries, let alone calling them high compared to :ru: :ge: :md: and :by: being medium :D :D

Look, there is no Country in the world who gives :ua: a safe 10-12 nomatter what they send, but you see that there are some countries who give :ru: guaranted 10-12 nomatter what they send, like 04/05/10 and 14 proved. I mean I dont complain that sergey got all the 12s from there neighbours. The fact that also lots of non-diaspora-housing countries gave him 8-10 (apparently) proves the highquality of the Song.

And I dont know who said that with the guaranteed Top5 for :az:.. All the Top5 Rankings were because of the highquality of their entries plus a little bit Cheating of course ;)
As far as im informed there is only a big azeri Diaspora in :ru: :ge: and :md: and im not sure if :cz: also houses an azeri Diaspora (I couldnt find anything out about this) or if they still cheat there...But I dont know what this has to do with the actual Theme..

And yes, im right with ukrainian Diaspora.
2009 ukraine got 8 TVs from portugal and czech Rep. but only 5 from belarus and moldova and 0 from Russia.
2017 it was 7 from italy and czech and only 4 from georgia and 1 from belarus and 0 from moldova ;) ;) ;)
But also that is offtopic tbh.

hijirio

Veteran
Look, there is no Country in the world who gives :ua: a safe 10-12 nomatter what they send, but you see that there are some countries who give :ru: guaranted 10-12 nomatter what they send, like 04/05/10 and 14 proved. I mean I dont complain that sergey got all the 12s from there neighbours. The fact that also lots of non-diaspora-housing countries gave him 8-10 (apparently) proves the highquality of the Song.

And I dont know who said that with the guaranteed Top5 for :az:.. All the Top5 Rankings were because of the highquality of their entries plus a little bit Cheating of course ;)
As far as im informed there is only a big azeri Diaspora in :ru: :ge: and :md: and im not sure if :cz: also houses an azeri Diaspora (I couldnt find anything out about this) or if they still cheat there...But I dont know what this has to do with the actual Theme..

And yes, im right with ukrainian Diaspora.
2009 ukraine got 8 TVs from portugal and czech Rep. but only 5 from belarus and moldova and 0 from Russia.
2017 it was 7 from italy and czech and only 4 from georgia and 1 from belarus and 0 from moldova ;) ;) ;)
But also that is offtopic tbh.

It's not all about diaspora.
It's also about good political relations and on top of that CULTURAL background.
As a Turkish person I am more likely to be fond of Greek, Bulgarian, Armenian and Azerbaijani songs. It's no surprise.
I don't think lower than 1% Ukrainian diaspora helps it get points from these countries.
Next time I won't even bother watching Eurovision voting, you can just tell us the results beforehand with your excellent mathematic skills. :D

Realest

As a Turkish person I am more likely to be fond of Greek, Bulgarian, Armenian and Azerbaijani songs. It's no surprise.

Thats why I f.e. never complain when Ex-Yugos give their Neighbours 8-12 Points when they bring Songs who are representative for their Musicculture, like in 2007.
But in 2016 when Serbia sent an unknown Singer with a westernized, english-languaged Rockballad and received every single possible 12 Points from EX-yugoslavia without representing the common musicculture, it is a really bad joke. And the Same is with Russia. Usually they import their songs from Greece or Sweden and still receive those unfair 12 Points nomatter what. And this has nothing to do with music but (Geo-)Politics. In 2009 and 12 f.e. it was understandable since the Songs have actually somethingt o do with Russia.

Top Bottom