Contact us

Kazakhstan KAZAKHSTAN 2018 - Not taking part

A-lister

Veteran
Re: KAZAKHSTAN 2018

I'm pretty sure :kz: won't get this invite, chances are higher :us: would get it... but we'll see

Sabiondo

I'm pretty sure :kz: won't get this invite, chances are higher :us: would get it... but we'll see

:us: won't be invited as long their main associated channels don't telecast ESC for 3 years :lol: I think that :kz: eventually will be invited in 2 or 3 years if they keep telecasting annually ESC by regularity.

Charly

Well atm, the EBU has neither confirmed or denied about Kazakhstan participation.

So its all a big mystery

joancamo

I think Kazakhstan will be debuting if all or most of the countries that have yet to confirm participation (Albania, Hungary, Macedonia, Moldova, Russia, San Marino) end up withdrawing.

DanielLuis

The EBU didn't deny that Kazakhstan will participate next year. By their words in that announcement I think it's very possible we will see their name on the list of participating countries in a few weeks

JSSArcos

I want Kazakhstan on ESC 18, but I think it will be difficult, but I believe that in two to three years we will have Kazakhstan.

AlekS

Veteran

Kazakhstan will debut in JESC 2018. Wondering if Channel 31 will be invited to ESC 2019.
I hope that it's gonna be Khabar.

GRE

It seems that sooner or later, :kz: will be part of Eurovision family.
So, I can't see the reason why they are not invited for ESC 2018.

Sammy

Veteran

Kazakhstan will debut in JESC 2018. Wondering if Channel 31 will be invited to ESC 2019.
I hope that it's gonna be Khabar.

Is this just a wish/hope or have you got precise information on that? I couldn't find any hint on the sites I looked that up.

Sammy

Veteran
thank you!
though what I read from this is just that a delegation and a group of children will be present at the event and that the kids will perform at the Euroclub. this is not the same thing as an official participation. Even more as they mention that "a similar performance" took place in 2013, which was not a participation either. Or am I wrong?

AlekS

Veteran
^ "Broadcaster will send delegation and talented kids to Junior Eurovision in Tbilisi, will broadcast the contest at 22:00 local time on Sunday and intends to debut in the competition next year".

Their news anchor said they will broadcast JESC 2017 live and they can send an entry for JESC 2018.
Also the title of the video says "Channel 31 became the official partner of the EBU"... imho this is some kind of commercial deal which doesn't require associated membership.

Sammy

Veteran
^exactly - they reached an agreement with the EBU to send singers for the euroclub and broadcast it - and they intend to debut. which can mean both: they want to but still don't know if the EBU will let them or they have the OK from the EBU but don't know if they will be able to do so for other reasons. I cannot think of such reasons, so I rather presume it's the first case.
I hope you are right, but I remain skeptical. ;)

AlekS

Veteran
^ This time they've got the Minister of Culture in their delegation so I'm wondering if there will be some talks with the EBU officials.

NicoRobin

I hope Kazakhstan will debut soon.

Their potential entry to the JESC is already a good start.

Top Bottom