Contact us

Juries- keep'em or trash'em?

MyHeartIsYours

doctormalismo is right. Nikolay you made it quite clear that you think it's excusable for people to vote for neighbours cuz they're close. Well I dont think it is. I vote for Ireland when they have a good song, not because I love the country and they're next door. I expect people wherever they are to follow the same principles.
If it was Worldvision and all the Commonwealth countries voted for the UK, we voted for them and the US and UK exchanged points, I can guarantee you would be one of the first to moan...

nikolay_BG

Banned
Yes. We have to vote for songs. And I like more songs liks "Yassou Maria" then "Irelande douze points". We still have to vote for songs and that`s the point. The thing is that you send ******************** songs and you don`t get points and now you are bitching. cause you don`t have friends to back you up.

How can this be when UK sends a good song get a good place? What`s so blockvoting and political for that?

MyHeartIsYours

^ You just said it yourself, 'we dont have any friends'. That proves my point. If a country sends a bad song then it should get a bad result, not a better result cuz it has lots of friends. I've never said that we cant do well, we can, but I stand my belief that it is a lot tougher for some countries to do well (United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Poland) than it is others (Greece, Turkey, Serbia).

94ayd

I definitely prefer France over Serbia, Turkey & Greece... Ireland, too, probably.

Sabiondo

What`s so great about UK 2003, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010? Or Ireland 2008? Or France 2008?

Add UK 2005 (Sertab copy)

Ireland 2001 (His first elimination from an Eurovision final ever)

And France 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007.

Last edited:

MyHeartIsYours

UK 2006 and 2007 were great and they deserved a high place imo :)
I think so too, I add 2005 to that too!

For me, out of the British entries since 2003 (except 2009), the only one which got the position it deserved was 2008. That was very bad, but I have enjoyed the rest and have been proud to have them as my country's entry! And when you compare them to entries which finished above, I dont think anyone can make a claim that they are so terrible they deserved to finish in like the bottom 5 every single year!

nikolay_BG

Banned
Strange, Adan, I feel the same for the bulgarian entries accept 2009. Does that make the other europeans like them? No.

Stop thinking like a nationalist fan of ESC and think like you are in the other part of the continent and how a local sees your songs and will he waist money for your songs. Think like you are just a regular person who watches ESC pn TV, just because there is nothing more on TV.

MyHeartIsYours

I've been saying that the Televote and Juryvote needs to be separated to make sure that countries which are favoured by one of the votes are still valued in the final result. Well, if the results had been counted this year under a Seperated system, this would have been the result:

1. :az: Azerbaijan - 405 (-)

2. :it: Italy - 350 (-)

3. :se: Sweden - 327 (-)

4. :ua: Ukraine - 285 (-)

5. :gr: Greece - 260 (+2)

6. :ba: Bosnia And Herzegovina - 241 (-)

7. :dk: Denmark - 229 (-2)

8. :uk: United Kingdom - 223 (+3)

9. :ie: Ireland - 220 (-1)

10. :ge: Georgia - 217 (-1)

11. :de: Germany - 217 (-1)

12. :sl: Slovenia - 205 (+1)

13. :rs: Serbia - 200 (+1)

14. :md: Moldova - 180 (-2)

15. :at: Austria - 170 (+3)

16. :fr: France - 166 (-1)

17. :ro: Romania - 165 (-)

18. :ru: Russia - 163 (-2)

19. :is: Iceland - 132 (+1)

20. :hu: Hungary - 124 (+2)

21. :fi: Finland - 122 (-)

22. :lt: Lithuania - 121 (-3)

23. :es: Spain - 111 (-)

24. :ee: Estonia - 106 (-)

25. :ch: Switzerland - 55 (-)

Now as you can see it doesnt make a huge difference (the top 4 is still the same) so it shouldnt be too hard for the EBU to implement or for people to get used to. But I think this little tweak would be beneficial to the contest and there has been quite a few changes in positions towards the centre of the board.
For my own country, I think 8th is closer to what we deserved, Austria has moved up by 3 places which is what they also deserved whilst the rather poor Moldova has moved down, like it deserves too :p.

CC92

Gosh....:? If you think the UK in 2007 was great it is up to you but you cannot expect large parts of Europe to like kindergarten music in a show broadcasted at 21.00 CET. Almost everyone had favourites where it was obvious (or not) that they most likely would not please the majority. Blaming the others then for not sharing your individual taste is childish.
Asian and European audiences liked I can 5th most in its year; It's my time 10th most. Why now should they swap their positions? Because 200 viewers (well, some of those 200 to be more precise) judged it different than millions. Or probably just even were asked to judge it different? LOL.

goktengri

Banned
Gosh....:? If you think the UK in 2007 was great it is up to you but you cannot expect large parts of Europe to like kindergarten music in a show broadcasted at 21.00 CET. Almost everyone had favourites where it was obvious (or not) that they most likely would not please the majority. Blaming the others then for not sharing your individual taste is childish.

I said it was my opinion. This post is just childish. I don't expect the others to love that entry but imo it was great and deserved a high place. You can't insult my opinion by calling it '' childish ''

CC92

I said it was my opinion. This post is just childish. I don't expect the others to love that entry but imo it was great and deserved a high place. You can't insult my opinion by calling it '' childish ''

This post was not directed to thee but in general people to people who cry when their favourites fail and blame 'eastern mafias', nationalist 'aliens' in their countries, whatever for the (televoting) outcome that does not please them.
I used UK 2007 as an example because it was a nursery rhyme and before the show predicted by all odds, fan polls and others to flop so I thought it was a good one. Of course one should not behave different when less obvious entries or even (on most occasions OGAE) favourites do badly. My point was it is silly to moan in a way like 'but I think xx that scored 8 points overall is better than yy that scored 245 points... results are unfair!!!!'. There has been a voting with millions involved, discussing individual opinions is not helpful for dealing seriously with this issue.
Also saying how they do combine televoting and jury is wrong and explain it with the own favourites who suffer is absurd. No one (hopefully) denies it is a mathematical joke but certainly not because x or y does not come closer to 'what it deserves'. It is random so the next profiteers could be the own country or the own favourites. And then it will be fair again? Give me a break. :lol:

Yamarus

For my own country, I think 8th is closer to what we deserved, Austria has moved up by 3 places which is what they also deserved whilst the rather poor Moldova has moved down, like it deserves too .

All of that is just your opinion though. I for one can understand why Moldova did so good: a song with soul and that doesn't take itself seriously (a bit like Lithuania 2006). I didn't like it until I got the point.

Much like Blue's 8th place is, according to you, "closer to what they deserved". All personal opinion. Mine is that their live performance was sub-par and underwhelming, and that they're lucky they got 5th in the televote (Blue still rings many bells in Europe apparently). Seeing Estonia and Hungary completely ignored, that both surprised and disappointed me. But it's all my opinion, and Estonia's second-to-last place is what they got, and I'm not going to rave about it all day long.

Top Bottom