Contact us

JESC: Malta 2016

Romeo

Malta_2016_jesc.png

Malta won the 2015 Junior Eurovision Song Contest thanks to the amazing Destiny Chukunyere and her song "Not My Soul". In the winners press conference it was announced that Malta want to host the 2016 contest just just needs to finalise everything with the TV channel / Government etc. So it seems like just a formality before Malta 2016 is announced!

So... Let's get the JESC 2016 Thread open!

Yazy

If you are going to pay for participation for all countries like last time, I´m fine with it. :mrgreen:

Seems like more countries will return that way. xthink

CPV4931

Hopefully we will see the debut of Germany there :-)

Romeo

My predicsion for Malta 2016 is Veronica Rotin

She is in with Gaia, Destiny, Federica etc. in that group of child singers. She also came second to Destiny in this year's NF

I am 99% certain she will represent Malta on home soil in November

BGN

Bulgaria will be taking part and it will be the first time in the history we are taking part more than 2 years in a row.

Joni

Malta still hasn't officially confirmed that they will host - I wonder if the reason is that they don't even know who is running the show now that Vlad is gone... Does even EBU know??

EDC0708

Malta still hasn't officially confirmed that they will host - I wonder if the reason is that they don't even know who is running the show now that Vlad is gone... Does even EBU know??

Last Year Italy announced they were not hosting on the 15th January 2015, and Bulgaria was announced as host on the 26 January 2015, so we should know the host next month. I would expect Malta would want to host, since they bid to host the 2015 contest.

EDC0708

Does anyone know when the host county will be announced? It's normally been announced during January/ February in recent years, perhaps Vlad's replacement has not yet been chosen.

Verjamem

It's beginning of March, but we know only 2 participants and still we don't know, who will do the job of host country.

As far as I remember, last year we knew more participating countries at the moment.

Joni

It's beginning of March, but we know only 2 participants and still we don't know, who will do the job of host country.

As far as I remember, last year we knew more participating countries at the moment.

There were 7 or 8 countries at this point last year, and the host was decided in January.

I fear that something is not right here.

Joni

is there really going to be JESC this year? Didn't they fire everybody?

I am not convinced that there will be until there is an announcement about the host country. On the other hand, if EBU ended JESC, why is the Netherlands still searching for representatives? Wouldn't EBU have informed them?

EDC0708

I am not convinced that there will be until there is an announcement about the host country. On the other hand, if EBU ended JESC, why is the Netherlands still searching for representatives? Wouldn't EBU have informed them?

I really hope it doesn't end, I still haven't got over the end of the Eurovision Dance Contest over six years on! When EDC was postponed, Russia had selected their couple, and Belarus had almost finished a lengthy process to select their couple, so they clearly weren't informed (Belarus held their final anyway, to select their 2010 couple if they event took place.)

Optimistically, the EBU said a while back they were looking at changing the format of JESC, so perhaps that needs to happen before the host is chosen?

Joni

I really hope it doesn't end, I still haven't got over the end of the Eurovision Dance Contest over six years on! When EDC was postponed, Russia had selected their couple, and Belarus had almost finished a lengthy process to select their couple, so they clearly weren't informed (Belarus held their final anyway, to select their 2010 couple if they event took place.)

Optimistically, the EBU said a while back they were looking at changing the format of JESC, so perhaps that needs to happen before the host is chosen?

Well, at least they have not discontinued Young Musicians contest - Vlad was also the boss for that - so I hope the same applies with JESC. But this total silence going on for months is worrying.

Top Bottom