Contact us

JESC 2022

Rmetr0

However, I would like to see the results if people were not allowed to vote for their own countries.
Yeah, I am curious about that too... 🤔
If they can do voting once per device, so maybe they can also determine the country the voting were from? Would the points be as flat or not, and maybe they can do classic 12-10-8-... if they were counting points by countries. They could also add Rest of the World set of points, just like they did in adult Eurovision following year. That would be interesting, but I guess... They are comfortable with juries having more impact, so they don't want to change anything 🤪🤪

EDC0708

UK's online voting seemed to be separate, as you had to log in to a bbc account first, and there was a BBC logo in the corner, so there must be a way to determine the votes by country.
I think they mentioned votes were received from 178 countries, that seems unfeasibly high, as that is virtually every country in the world.

DanielLuis

UK's online voting seemed to be separate, as you had to log in to a bbc account first, and there was a BBC logo in the corner, so there must be a way to determine the votes by country.
I think they mentioned votes were received from 178 countries, that seems unfeasibly high, as that is virtually every country in the world.
It was a test run to be applied in future contests apparently.

Bobjan FR

I am currently doing an analysis of the jury votes for a website, and doing it, i discovered a small thing :

Mainshow

Veteran
:am: last AND :ie: and :ge: in hte bottom 5 and :uk: close?
Yeah, that jury member wasn´t able to vote "correctly".
It was either a kid or another "professional" jury member.

Rmetr0

I am currently doing an analysis of the jury votes for a website, and doing it, i discovered a small thing :

Woah... Well noticed! I didn't see that when I looked at their rankings 😁
Ironically, 🇲🇰 last looks more weird as for Serbia, than it being first imo 😅
Well, at least, 🇮🇪 hasn't got robbed from their :12: points...
🇦🇲 could've received :10:, and 🇫🇷 :8:, but that wouldn't change a lot, I guess...

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

I had wondered this myself. Even going through the JESC site it directed us to a BBC linked page and we had to log in. I assumed an online vote couldn't be separated quickly enough to determine who had voted for themselves but if this a test it shows it could be possible. It might go some way to be de-melodifestivalenise the televotes where the voting is so spread out. The juries essentially decided the placements this year.

macmillanandwife

I'm 99% sure that the Serbian juror E put his ranking upside down ... :')
Yes, it does look like Juror E did derp out and voted backwards. Maybe the EBU might need to just tell the jurors "OK, in order to stop you guys from f***king up, we're going to treat the rankings as points and go ass backwards so that the one high the highest number is ranked 1st." It won't solve the problem, but it'll lower the risk of making a mistake as people are more inclined to vote upwards from 1 to 16 than by rank from 16 to 1.

Or maybe that last Juror wanted to be different and ranked accordingly, who knows?

12Pointsgoto.....

Taste =/= professionalism

It´s like being a "professional" jury member at ESC and saving "This Is Love" :D
I heard that the singer from "This is Love" was being really mad after the show, because she thought she would win, which is one of the reasons I can sleep peacefully at night. It was a shock that she even made it into the final.

Top Bottom