Contact us

JESC 2022

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I voted for

:uk: :ie: and :kz:

"For medical reasons" Freya was lip-syncing?! Oo

She was sick yesterday apparently, and told to rest her voice.

Ali_

She was sick yesterday apparently, and told to rest her voice.
She put a story on her Instagram I think yesterday saying she was under the weather and she really doesn't sound well. It'll be interesting to see if they change any notes as I highly doubt she'll have her full voice back with just 2 days vocal rest. Such a shame.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
She put a story on her Instagram I think yesterday saying she was under the weather and she really doesn't sound well. It'll be interesting to see if they change any notes as I highly doubt she'll have her full voice back with just 2 days vocal rest. Such a shame.

Apparently they used playback in the rehearsal today, and they have on the recap. I wonder what they'll do if shes still not better by tomorrow, or the jury show even

Mainshow

Veteran
Wow, that´s really unfortunate because she´s a hot contender for victory.

I hope she get well soon.

Dunno, it will be utterly unfair to all the other contestants if she´s allowed to lip-sync in the jury show today.

DanielLuis

Wow, that´s really unfortunate because she´s a hot contender for victory.

I hope she get well soon.

Dunno, it will be utterly unfair to all the other contestants if she´s allowed to lip-sync in the jury show today.
It would also be utterly unfair to let a kid without her voice humiliate herself in either the jury show or a live show broadcasted to the world. They should just use the taping of the first rehearsal instead like they did with Iceland on ESC 2021, if she was ok while performing that time.

Mainshow

Veteran
It would also be utterly unfair to let a kid without her voice humiliate herself in either the jury show or a live show broadcasted to the world. They should just use the taping of the first rehearsal instead like they did with Iceland on ESC 2021, if she was ok while performing that time.

It´s still a competition and juries and fans (even children) are asked to rank all performers and vote for their favourite performances.

I can totally understand why Freya didn´t perform live. She was sick and had to rest her voice - fair enough - I just think it´s unfair to all the other contestants IF she continues lip-syncing when juries and the public are asked to vote based on all live performances.

It´s not about "humiliation" - it´s about fairness at a competition.

We could argue that JESC shouldn´t be a competition at all because "they are kids and shouldn´t be humiliated if they can´t accomplish their goals or meet their own standards" but that´s a different topic... a subject of heated debate and the core reason why Nordic countries won´t take part at JESC.

It´s interesting to see that the organisers chose to include some footage of the rehearsals of her lip-syncing, though - Does it mean that it wasn´t required to submit a pre-recorded live-on-tape video for this year´s competition?

It´s just really unfortunate and no way to deal with the situation is perfect - I just wish her a speedy recovery and good luck! The jury show is about to start!

Last edited:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I really feel bad for her. What bad luck to fall ill at this moment, and then on top of it missing out on a lot of the actual event. It's a shame

Looren

Veteran
My ranking before the show :

1. :uk:
2. :ge:
3. :kz:
4. :ie:
5. :al:
6. :mt: (big grower)
7. :ua:
8. :nl:
9. :am:
10. :pl:
11. :mk:
12. :rs:
13. :pt:
14. :it:
15. :es:
16. :fr:

Liking my top 6 a lot, really liking Ukraine and Neds too, from 9 to 11 it's okayish, the rest am not saying anything 'cause I don't want to be mean to children

HayashiM

Veteran
Went through all songs and live snippets now. Overall, I like this year's quality the best since I'd started following in 2019 (although Banshee and Bim Bam Boom remain my most favourite songs overall). This year also feels a lot more open than 2020 and 2021.

Voted for: :ie: :al: :ua:
Under the older system, I would have also voted for: :uk: :pt: (that boy is a mood, these years Portugal seems to be for JESC what Georgia is for ESC)

I didn't connect 100% on the first listen but the rehearsal seems very promising: :rs: :kz: :ge:
Potential dark horses on the first listen, however I hope they only tease us with the snippet and there are better things to come with the full staging: :es: :it: :nl:

The rest is mostly ok, although as far as my taste goes, I'd rather not have the more recent winners repeat the accomplishment this year.

I think :uk: and :ua: are the frontrunners to win (though both are perhaps punching a bit above the children target audience, right on the JESC-ESC limit), but wouldn't be surprised with anyone from my "but the rehearsal seems very promising" tier either.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I'm really not getting the appeal of Georgia, which seems to be a fave. I find the whole ensemble really quite messy. The song is good, but they dressed her like shes got a crusade for the holy land at 2 and JESC at 3. Also i find her high notes (from what I've seen) a little bit shouty.

I think Armenia will retain it.

Bobjan FR

I voted Netherlands, malta and Ireland
It seems France will Get its first bottom in jesc.

I still think Armenia will win, not my favourite but if we avoid a ukranian victory thank to them, i'm ok

Rocket man

I'm going to say :es: will win. And I hope :al: will do well too, it's a nice song and the girl has a nice voice.

:uk: Freya has a good pop song regardless, and if she has to do a Britney Spears and mime but still give an awesome performance then so be it. Hopefully the UK can go top 5 minimum.

Top Bottom