:uk: United Kingdom

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
Last edited:

CPV4931

Hoping, that Germany keeps participating

Bobjan FR

Now let's hope there will be no more problem with the azeri neighbour, or the contest could wait one year or change of location....
... Do you think there is a chance to see azerbaidjan participate to a junior eurovision in armenia ?

Joni

Would love to see Estonia to join. My country is totally hopeless, they will never do it.

Sadly I don't see Azerbaidjan taking part if Armenia hosts.

DanielLuis

So a lot of rumours about countries returning/debuting. Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Estonia, UK, etc.
If no one (besides Azerbaijan) withdraws we could potentially see JESC reaching the 25 country mark, who would have thought that was ever gonna be possible just a few 6/7 years ago when the contest was scraping by to get more than 10 participants each year.

Chrisiam

Speaking of the UK at JESC, from what I have read there are plans to return to the contest, however it won't be until 2023 and will end up pushing Wales out of the contest if this article is to be believed. It'd be a shame if Wales get blocked from entering due to the UK coming back, Wales has tried for years to get into JESC let alone the adult contest and to get the boot so early into their journey feels unfair to me.

EDC0708

For me, it would have made more sense for S4C to have represented the whole UK when they took part, rather than just Wales, as Wales is not a sovereign nation, so couldn't take part in the main contest. I can't see any of the other UK broadcasters taking part, and am not sure if S4C would want to come back after two years of absence.

Ratings wise, I am not sure how much longer Italy and Germany will stick with JESC, Italy only got 15k, Germany got 230k, but they pulled out of the second Eurovision Dance Contest due to low ratings when it got 3.1 million in Germany for the first contest, they may have lower expectations for JESC on children's channel KIKA on Sunday afternoon though. Great ratings for France and Poland though, the two most recent hosts!

Last edited:

EDC0708

Disappointing, but that was what I was expecting, I assume ratings were low for the two editions they took part in.

AlekS

Veteran
:ru: Russia is in.

:am: Armenia has already started working on JESC. The contest will be held in December.

Top Bottom