Contact us

JESC 2022

Mainshow

Veteran
I will definitely be voting for :ie: as well

Maybe I will swith to :ge: (and not vote for :uk: or :kz: again).

:mk: was alright - the rap was ridiculous but hey... maybe some kids will like it?

:es: is not my cup of tea either - I think that this song would have suited a 17-19 year-old guy a bit better? Or do children under 14 years old really call other girls/women "Senorita" in Spain?

Mainshow

Veteran
Mmh - I didn´t really "love" the UK performance and I´m not quite sure if it´s still a contender for victory.

I think that we´ve seen better performances today (especially :ge: )

NemesisNick

Song 12: United Kingdom - Another lively, catchy song. It's difficult for me to give an unbiased opinion of the UK's entry, but anyway, compared to the other lively entries, it's a bit middle of the road. Hopefully the UK can get a top 10 placing.

theditz83

Veteran
Mmh - I didn´t really "love" the UK performance and I´m not quite sure if it´s still a contender for victory.

I think that we´ve seen better performances today (especially :ge: )
Yeah it's clear the lack of rehearsal of the live performance on the stage has had an effect. She did well though, still Top 10 for sure I'd say, but there are definitely stronger performances so far.

NemesisNick

Song 13: Portugal - What on Earth, in the world, is this? Some bits seem like an attempt at a ballad, whereas other bits are more like hard rock. What a mish-mash. Portugal are adventurous sending this, but I think this is doomed for failure.

Zeus

Dunno why I'm watching this right now, but yeah, :ge: and :pt: were the best imo. Georgia the best (vocal) performance, Portugal the most outstanding and creative to me.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I'm at work so not watching, but its interesting people here saying UK was lackluster but what I've seen on twitter is the total opposite. 🤣

Mainshow

Veteran
Yeah it's clear the lack of rehearsal of the live performance on the stage has had an effect. She did well though, still Top 10 for sure I'd say, but there are definitely stronger performances so far.
I´ll keep my fingers crossed for another great result for the UK in a Eurovision event.

But I don´t see it as a hot favourite to win the contest anymore.
Hopefully, I´m wrong - but I don´t think it was a performance kids/teenagers and jury members would be falling for (?) - in recent years, either well-executed pop songs which could have been successful at the adult version of Eurovision or colourful/joyful/kids-friendly up-tempo songs won....

Even though the UK entry is still well-produced and competive, I was missing the energy other live performers brought to the stage today.

I mean, that´s why we viewers can vote BEFORE and AFTER the live performance... I hope, I´m wrong - but I´m afraid that the UK will get their most points due to the "pre-contest-online votes"...

NemesisNick

Song 14: Serbia: It's a pity Katarina is unable to sing live this afternoon, on medical grounds, but at least her rehearsal performance can still be used. This is quite a nice ballad, and well sung. I like the use of red and blue, plus the stars, on the background screen, but what's the significance of the stage sculpture? This could do well.

Mainshow

Veteran
:pt: was really such a surprise.

Like last year, I didn´t like it at first but it somehow totally surprised me on stage.

What an interesting voice!

goncalovieira

Oh wow. Quite surprised with our performance. Really good!
This JESC is surprising to me. Very well produced, good songs. It is going to be hard to define the top 16.

NemesisNick

Song 15: Armenia - The host entry now, and the penultimate song in the line-up. This is another lively, catchy song, with a good dance routine. This could do well, just for being particularly memorable so close to the end.

theditz83

Veteran
Host country has a massively pimp slot in this running order after :pt: and :rs: definitely. This is very much Melodifestivalen from the mid 00s though... And for that reason, my brain is understandably lapping it up 🙈🤣

Top Bottom