Contact us

JESC 2022

Mainshow

Veteran
Poland is no Fanfavourite.
WRS wasnt as well.

I have seen the Polish flag quite often on social media (together with UK, Armenia and Georgia).
WRS wasn´t a big favourite but I would still describe his entry as "universally" liked.
If you compare it to songs which got #2 slot in previous years (Poland 2017, Albania 2021, France 2015....), I think he didn´t "deserve" to be put in the same category.

Mainshow

Veteran
Malta/Poland got similar make-up/theme/colours.
I wouldn´t have placed them so close to each other.

NemesisNick

Song 4: Malta - Another lively, catchy song. I wasn't that impressed by the preview video, but I think it sounds better performed live this afternoon. It's well staged, with the video effects on the background screens.

NemesisNick

Song 5: Italy - Yet another lively, catchy song, but glancing at the English translation of the lyrics, I don't see where the environmental message is. To me, it sounds like a 1970s disco song, so could this be seen as dated? Time will tell.

Mainshow

Veteran
Italy was fun - it should be getting a place inside the Top 10 today.

The French entry isn´t my cup of tea at all but that kid is really great at performing! I can´t believe he´s got so much confidence and the performance is really well-executed! - He´s clearly an artist to watch out for in the near future!

JESC is sometimes perceived as "too much pressure on children" but Lissandro is the best example why JESC deserves to continue/exist.
He really seems to enjoy every second on stage!

Mainshow

Veteran
Georgia was incredible - Why can´t they come up with such entries/performances in the adult version of the contest?

Albania was beautifully sung but rather forgetabble.

NemesisNick

Song 8: Georgia - Well the chorus seems to have an important message:

Thing- what we always need,
Thing- what we always want,
Its just a simple peace
I wish it for the World.

... but the style in which it's sung is a sound that gets irritatingly "stuck in your head". Not a bad entry, and plenty of use of flashing lights, but I think this is middle of the road at best.

NemesisNick

Song 9: Ireland - A very beautiful ballad from Ireland, but the melody somehow reminds me of parts of certain tunes from past "adult" ESC songs (Bistra voda immediately springs to mind). Furthermore, Sophie has a beautiful voice, and she sang well. What was the significance of the lightning in the song though. This could do well.

HayashiM

Veteran
Kejtlin's voice was out of this world. (y) David is the only one going before her who can compete on this aspect in my books. But yeah, :al:'s song could be perhaps forgettable.

(the most forgettable for me so far is :pl:. I remember absolutely nothing having heard it 4 times, except that there is some space theme going on)

Realest

Cant watch it live unfortunately. Glad to see that :ge: got the most positive Comments.

Top Bottom