Contact us

JESC 2022

AlekS

Veteran
Can't tell whether it's kids or immature fans (the lines are blurred in Eurovision universe ;)), but the French video has equal number of likes and dislikes as of now.

ESCConor

Congratulations France on your win, quite surprised at that result to be honest.

I am very proud of Freya, to come out and win the online vote despite the fact she wasn't 100% showed just how determined she was, 5th place is a very respectable result so I have no complaints. for the UK to be a jury winner and a public vote winner in the same year at both contests is something else, it shows how things are changing towards the Eurovision brand in the UK.

I wonder given the Olympics are in Paris in 2024, whether or not we might see a smaller city in France hosting it, perhaps Montpellier or Lyon or possibly Nice even?

HayashiM

Veteran
I feel the UA delegation still have that war-based motive when sending Nezlamna. However, aside of the song being alright, people didn't talk about the war the way it was before. Adding to how JESC targets demographics that weren't expected to care about the war anyways, nothing can be harvested from selling the war in a children's contest.
I will only adress this, as Stefania's success had already been discussed to death: of course the :ua:'s song still has the war-based motive, it would be a huge hypocrisy to expect anything different in these times. But I think they have still gone fairly soft with it, sticking to bright colours, displaying names of values that many people deem important, having a super simple staging and singing most of the lyrics in Ukrainian. If it were sung any other year, a casual viewer who hears the song only once (and is possibly a kid, so might not even speak English that well) wouldn't have noticed a thing.

They absolutely could have gone waaaay further down that route and "milk the war properly", but chose not to.

Mainshow

Veteran
Can't tell whether it's kids or immature fans (the lines are blurred in Eurovision universe ;)), but the French video has equal number of likes and dislikes as of now.

He also got some angry emojis on FB - I mean, seriously, guys... it´s a kid... that´s unacceptable and rude.
Let him enjoy his victory and if you don´t like it - don´t go to social media and dislike his pics or videos.

Realest

Never ever :ge: was 12th Place in the Onlinevoting. They have the 3rd most Views of all and were Top3 in almost all Fanvotings and the Majority from escforum voted for :ge: as well.

Rocket man

Never ever :ge: was 12th Place in the Onlinevoting. They have the 3rd most Views of all and were Top3 in almost all Fanvotings and the Majority from escforum voted for :ge: as well.
I thought the song from Georgia sounded too serious for children, likewise with Kazakhstan.

Realest

I thought the song from Georgia sounded too serious for children, likewise with Kazakhstan.

The Children stopped voting for too childish Songs Years ago.

Lopitas

The whole production (scene, postcards, etc) was better than ESC 2022, which is good news for JESC, but very sad for ESC too.
I don't really like the winner, but strong edition overall.

Also, I feel like the televoting/webvoting is always flatten when it is free and by app. Unfortunately there is bigger gaps on the jury ranking, so their choice is heavier on the result, even if it is 50/50 in theory. It looks a bit problematic to me.

Last edited:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Jury Voting :12:´s:

:nl: :12: to :fr:
:pl: :12: to :ge:
:kz: :12: to :am:
:mt: :12: to :ie:
:it: :12: to :fr:
:fr: :12: to :am:
:al: :12: to :it:
:ge: :12: to :it:
:ie: :12: to :fr: [:0: to :uk: wtf]
:mk: :12: to :am:
:es: :12: to :am:
:uk: :12: to :es:
:pt: :12: to :fr:
:rs: :12: to :ie:
:am: :12: to :ge:
:ua: :12: to :uk:

:kz: only getting 5 pts in total is choice.

We go nearly 20 years with getting basically 0 from Ukraine then in a space of 1 year bag 2 12s from them. 🤣Who needs Ireland, Australia etc. Ukraine the real mvp.

Top Bottom