Contact us

JESC 2019

Stiven

They posted an article with the heading: "JESC 2019 - It was a dreadful show with poor performances, bad winner and a host broadcaster bidding to host it again"

Seriously, that page should be banned for life.
You don't have to like the winner and you can level criticism on the voting system (it's not perfect) but mocking children like this and taking away the brilliance of the show (TVP did an amazing show and the kids performed in a great way ans deserve some recognition) is a new highlight of Oikotimes' trashy "journalism".
They should be ashamed of themselves. Horrible people being involved in the most unreliable and disgraceful Eurovision page ever. F U big time, oikotimes!

If you think this is bad, the first time they lost their accreditation was because they called our junior entrant (who was 12-14 at the time) talentless, dressed like a prostitute (or something along those lines) and that nobody would miss us. After they lost their accreditation (I am eternally grateful to Kath Locket for doing this) because of it, they edited the article thinking that nobody saw it.

hijirio

Veteran
If other countries don't want Poland to win again, they can rather stop whining and send THE BEST SONG of the contest, like Poland did this year.
Superhero was the most contemporary and catchy song of the contest, and it would have won no matter which country sent it.
And I like the idea of online voting, even if it means the country with the highest viewership winning the whole thing. The idea is to 'please as many people as possible' with the winning song. If the Poles make up the majority of viewers, it's only logical to please them and give them the win, especially when they have such a great song. Democracy, that is.
By the way, they were OBLIGED to vote for at least 2 other songs, anyway.

shameless

I agree with all of you. It's already disgusting when bloggers turn into trolls on regular contestants but how can you through shade at kids?! So not here for this. And I am sooo happy that Portugal rocked the telly-vote and corrected this jury-zero and how relieved she looked on the winners reprise on stage. She is such an adorable child who was given a dreadful song and Barbara-Dex-worthy-costume but she benefit from the online voting system.

That's good. I saw how much he wanted it when the results were coming in and I thought he may have been too upset and didn't make it
He was problaby a bit crushed when he was leading for so long but in the end 2nd is a great placement. Especially for being only the 2nd entry of his country ever that likely makes a big plea for its participation on the big one.
I really don't like that they used the same cruel announcement from this years ESC which makes winners look like losers. Again, its already cruel to see how its done to adults but children should never get that kind of nerve wrecking treatment for some pure entertainment that lasts a few seconds.

Loindici

Veteran
By the way, some viewer records have been released (on Eurovoix, so...)

:es: 1.5 mil
:nl: 252k
:it: 45k
:fr: 979k
:pl: 5.5mil
:pt: 350k

Nicfedy

I think the top 5 was pretty accurate except In the wrong order of preference for me.
1 Netherlands
2 Spain
3 France
4 Poland
5 Kazakhstan

John1

Rewatching this year's JESC, I honestly think that following countries should have done way better than how they actually placed:

:kz: : Yes, he should have won with such an incredible performance. Too bad that Viki killed it too.

:fr: : Let's face it, Carla deserved, to say the least, a top 3 placement with her vocals and the staging.

:mk: : Exchanging both the Netherlands and Macedonia and you've got an amazing top 5.

:ie: : Despite struggling with her song at the beginning, I do honestly believe that she got deeply robbed by the juries.

:ua: : What the hell? Something went wrong and they forgot to vote for her. That's the only logical reason for such a tragedy.

:al: : Oh yes, she deserved a better placement. Such a shame that she got forgotten by most viewers/juries but... oh well!

tuorem

Mila Moskov's bio on Instagram:

"girl with a lotta hair and a lotta personality" :lol:

How can one not stan this queen?

John1

Screaming that I disagree with everything but Macedonia :lol: yes this year wasn't for me

oh dear Macedonia was the most robbed entry this year tbh. she deserved this top 5 more than the Netherlands

+, :sl: is required to come back asap please.

FRFanESC

France was amazing but some camera angles were really bad. The chorus should have been very dynamic like another camera angle at every "bim", "bam", "boom".

Romeo

Can we take a minute to discuss that Malta ended LAST?!?!?! LAST?!?!?!

People spoke about it as a jury winner... I'm so confused

Joni

Carla's interviews are so much fun to watch, I just love the accent and how she is always laughing. xlove

Joni

Can we take a minute to discuss that Malta ended LAST?!?!?! LAST?!?!?!

People spoke about it as a jury winner... I'm so confused

Her vocals wasn't as amazing as the last year's girl, I think. And the song itself - I think it's somehow too adult and too ESC. I personally didn't find it interesting at all. It was last also because Spain's voters saved Portugal from that place.

simonPL

I was thinking that they should record full English version of "Superhero" and I discovered that it exists already... :D but I prefer bilingual one more.

"Superhero"' has just topped the charts in Poland. This week it's #4 in official airplay, it was #1 on YT for a long time and peaked at #2 on daily charts on Spotify.

She sang it on a final episode of "The Voice of Poland" (Mahmood was a guest as well, TVP made this show very ESC-ish):

Personally, I think that those kids doing sign language were really nice, its was a good idea.

4EE1A22C-813C-4312-9822-15412DDF269E.gif

It's confirmed that Viki will be a guest during ESC2020, but I don't know if she will be able to sing. Roksana Węgiel was hoping to perform but as she said, producers changed their minds so there was interview with her during semi. I don't remeber if any JESC winner performed ever on ESC stage (as a guest), but current winner fits there so... :D

Top Bottom