JESC 2018

EscGeek

Veteran
good results overall
7 countries in my top 10 are in top 10

just :mt::it::am: out and :mk::al::pt: in and voila:p

blue00eyes

I can't believe even in jESC Malta and Australia are jurywanks.. :eek:

I am happy for Roksana, maybe one day we will win the main contest xpray then my life will be complete XD

simonPL

This online voting should be erassed! Polish Diaspora couldn't auto-vote themsels. On televoting, Roksana couldn't have wining.

Oh, here we go again, our legendary diaspora. As I can see on JESC you can vote for you country even from your country, but you need to choose 3 to 5 songs. I don't know if it's fair, but hello - how many people live in Russia? Why didn't they vote? And speaking about diaspora while you're from Russia is a little bit ridiculous.

For me JESC is a little but cringy fest like miss pageant for 8 years old. Roksana had a really good performance, congratulations to her. Our adults representatives should lear from her how to perform. :)

I noticed that Australia sends those overblown and pompous songs even to junior contest. It hurt my heart when I was watching all those 12 to this. I voted for France as well. It was kinda cute.

Alaska49

blaming diasporas is 100% desperate, insidious, disingenuous, and in this case entirely unnecessary because polish people from poland could vote for themselves too anyway. last year they weren't even top 3 in the internet voting (and malta and australia were! oh how the turntables). good for roksana that she got people engaged.

AlekS

Veteran
Congrats to the winner, I guess. It wasn't in my top 10 (many strong entries this year) but it's a good song and it would be awesome if they'll host JESC 2019.

Almost totally pleased with our result (esp the juries). Still not a fond of voting for your own country (even if it benefited us, it's not fair in its core).
As always I'm more interested in performances. I hated our camera angles in the middle of the song. I liked France, Georgia, Macedonia, Kazakhstan.

AlekS

Veteran
+ I don't get those diaspora talks. Where was it last year? Roksana is the most famous performer with Daneliya but I won't blame Poland in voting for themselves until I see the official percentage of the local voting which will never be released, or TV ratings.

vikis

Congrats to our friends from :pl: ! Overall, a pretty decent show with some bops and great hosts in :by:. Hopefully, Lithuania will return to the contest next year (or in a near future)

NemesisNick

The Junior Eurovision Song Contest is all over for another year. What a shock result! Wales ended with 0 points in the jury vote, and after getting 29 points from the online voting, still ended up bottom of the scoreboard. They deserved a much higher placing, top ten if not top five. I'm shocked Poland won with 215 points, because I thought their song was a bottom five contender. France finished second with 203 points; I'd have much sooner they'd won overall as they ended up in my top four (and I voted for them before and during the event).

Congratulations anyway to Roksana Węgiel for winning with the song "Anyone I Want to Be" for Poland, it's the first time Poland has won the Junior Eurovision Song Contest since their first ever entry in the first ever JESC in 2003, a 15 year wait for a first win (2003 to 2018). Mind you, to be fair, Poland was absent 2005 to 2015, so they've won on their fifth participation. Well done also to France for finishing second with only their second entry to-date, and their long absence 2005 to 2017 inclusive. #JESC

Realest

I can't believe even in jESC Malta and Australia are jurywanks.. :eek:

I am happy for Roksana, maybe one day we will win the main contest xpray then my life will be complete XD

To Maltas Defence, last year they were 15th with the Juries and 2nd with the Televoter.

John1

:au: and :mt: both at the top-scoring countries in the jury vote????????????????????????????

lol, do not tell me that these votes are rigged from now on. as of :pl: winning the whole thing, i'm pretty pleased with these results. still glad that :au: didn't win tbh, omg... a bland entry winning the whole thing? no way. :?

Realest

Armenias Juryvotes for Azerbaijan:

Azerbaijan
19 19 19 19 19

Azerbaijans Juryvotes for Armenia:

Armenia
19 19 19 19 19

Those Countries should be banned from ESC and JESC forever. Even in a Children-Tournament they cant let the Politics out.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Did anyone else try the chicken? I thought the chicken was lovely.

Realest

Btw. what happened to :al:?
I mean the Juries even didnt kill her, since the Televoter had her on Bottom4 as well.

Top Bottom