Contact us

JESC 2018

Joni

^ That's awful. I actually remember that lady, I have seen her often at the JESC and ESC press conferences.

AlekS

Veteran

A-lister

Veteran
:lol: @ the juries top. 2 cliché votes, I mean really... Australia again? Just like in senior ESC... this country is really treated on its own pedestal... the song was alright (can't say the same about the Maltese entry which had no quality imo)... but c'mon EBU... it's a European children contest, why then scoring the two wailing wannabe American Idol entries that try to be all adult and that don't have any European to them the highest scores? xshrug We see the same pattern as in adult ESC... not that I care about jESC much tbh, but it's just sad...

Anyways, the public didn't agree (thankfully!)...

Poor :kz: though , one of the few stand-out entries and "big ballads" of the evening that actually had something local and interesting to it unlike the juries top.2 picks, seems like the juries just had to make sure that they didn't end up top.3 ... I guess EBU didn't really want to risk having a Kazakh success in jESC which potentially could open the door to the adult version... oh well...

Poland was a well deserved winner in the end I think, fairly catchy song and pretty good quality for being a jESC entry... ironically better performed than the Polish entry in adult ESC this year... although I personally prefer Ukraine's entry as it was musically more interesting and had more character to it...

Realest

The EBU has 0 Influence on the Juries.
Also Kazakhstan was nothing else than a Fanwank. Give the Same Song to Belarus or Ireland and it wouldnt be undeserved overrated. Many People only voted for it "because its Kazakhstan" and we all know it.

A-lister

Veteran
The EBU has 0 Influence on the Juries.
Also Kazakhstan was nothing else than a Fanwank. Give the Same Song to Belarus or Ireland and it wouldnt be undeserved overrated. Many People only voted for it "because its Kazakhstan" and we all know it.

You still believe that EBU has 0 influence over the juries? So all countries' juries just happens to ALWAYS love Australia's American Idol stuff they bring to ESC (and now jESC) every year? Well... think again.

That's your opinion, out of the sea of some pretty dire ballads in this competition, it was one of the few with some character and soul to it, maybe a bit "ESC-ish" and maybe a bit too grown up, but at least it had some local touch, can't say the same about Australia and Malta...

Realest

14/100 Jurymembers had Australia on #1 which is a total Number. Not that I agree with the Juries on any occasion, but I can totally see the Appeal and why the Juries voted for most of the Australian Entries. Everything else are just Conspiracies.

A-lister

Veteran
14/100 Jurymembers had Australia on #1 which is a total Number. Not that I agree with the Juries on any occasion, but I can totally see the Appeal and why the Juries voted for most of the Australian Entries. Everything else are just Conspiracies.

Well, I beg to differ, I think it's pretty obvious now that there is a bias and that juries are favorizing Australia, I also beg to differ about the "appeal", but I'll not go further into that territory since it would be off-topic.

Preuss

Australia got 90 points this year from the juries lol
Getting 12 points from a jury doesn't mean that everyone had them as their number 1
I mean, I'm pretty sure if we look at for example Sweden and Australia's top points last years, we're gonna see that the jury members don't necessarily agree on what's becoming the average rank at the end

A-lister

Veteran
Another thing that I don't like with this concept, and that becomes so painfully obvious in particular with the juries' votes, is that we have children competing with teenagers that are nearly eligible for the adult ESC, it's simply not a fair contest and it becomes even more odd when those teenagers with their wannabe adult songs just wailing it through without any attachment to their songs get scored the highest. I dunno, I honestly hope EBU will quit this concept.

A-lister

Veteran
Australia got 90 points this year from the juries lol
Getting 12 points from a jury doesn't mean that everyone had them as their number 1
I mean, I'm pretty sure if we look at for example Sweden and Australia's top points last years, we're gonna see that the jury members don't necessarily agree on what's becoming the average rank at the end

Just funny that they are always in the jury top (even when it's clearly undeserved) and the constant discrepancies with the public vote is just amusing by now... it's like c'mon... can't they do this Australian push at least a bit more subtle at least and not so blatant?

Sammy

Veteran
I didn‘t follow JESC in detail, but from all the songs I‘ve heard - ie the favorites - I loved Armenia the most and I found France utterly annoying.

Joni

:ua: The ratings were twice better than last year but it's still only 2.5 million people.

How many people watched in Ukraine? You can't mean that 2.5 million people in Ukraine watched I suppose?

So far I have calculated that in total 3.6 million people watched the show in those 8 countries that have published the viewing numbers (France, Italy, Kazakstan, Poland, Belarus, Israel, Holland, Portugal).

AlekS

Veteran
How many people watched in Ukraine? You can't mean that 2.5 million people in Ukraine watched I suppose?

So far I have calculated that in total 3.6 million people watched the show in those 8 countries that have published the viewing numbers (France, Italy, Kazakstan, Poland, Belarus, Israel, Holland, Portugal).
http://1tv.com.ua/news/channel/104585

"Universe" means the total amount of viewers (all ages, all cities etc). Dunno if they include the I-net broadcast (that's 200k +), and probably the total number of those who were switching the channels and not watching the whole show.
18+ audience is lower because, well, it's JESC :lol:

Joni

http://1tv.com.ua/news/channel/104585

"Universe" means the total amount of viewers (all ages, all cities etc). Dunno if they include the I-net broadcast (that's 200k +).
18+ audience is lower because, well, it's JESC :lol:

Hmm.. I don't quite understand how they make this number. 2.5 million in Ukraine alone would be huge because last year the number was below 3 million people in ALL countries together. There must be some different system how they calculate this. There were 1.1 million viewers in France and 1.3 million viewers in Belarus though - but on the other hand only 34.000 people in Italy (because they broadcast it on a children's channel there that nobody watches).

Poland

In my opinion Poland is deserved winner after fantastic results in YouTube. She makes historical first results 1st place in song contest events (ESC and JESC) and total Eurovision events. This is succes for Poland in commerce EBU events after win my country in Eurovision Dance Contest on 10 years ago. Roksana with 215 pts. is second artist make 200+ points Poland. First is Michal Szpak (ESC 2016) from same city with Roksana - Jasło. He makes 229 pts.

AlekS

Veteran
KAZKA, Jamala & Darina at M1 Muisc Awards:
KpUxUpe.jpg

Hope that her dream to record a duo with Jamala will come thru true.

Top Bottom