Contact us

JESC 2018

AlekS

Veteran
:by: Minsk will host JESC at the Minsk Arena in November 2018

https://www.ebu.ch/news/2017/10/belarus-chosen-to-host-2018-junior-eurovision-song-contest

"To ensure the longevity of the Contest and allow more time to prepare the event, the JESC Steering Group decided to remove a clause in the rules that gave the winning broadcaster first refusal to host. Earlier this year EBU Members were given the opportunity to apply to host JESC 2018 and BTRC's application was judged to be the best."

tLUuHgw.jpg

rYoNA31.jpg

Romeo

Jon Ola Sand... Always looking for ways to piss people off.

The sooner he goes the better

joancamo

WTF???? Did Belarus already won? Did I miss the contest? :(
I'm not complaining I wanted Belarus to win this year anyway :D

Verjamem

Actually it's nothing new, because that rule existed in 2005 - 2012. Most of the time, hosts were chosen even before the actual contest (for example - we knew 2008's host already in May 2007 before Rotterdam's event) :)

Anyway, indeed it was unexpected they decided to bring it back and I'm curious about reason. EBU didn't look really happy about Georgia's victory
unsure.gif

Joni

Actually it's nothing new, because that rule existed in 2005 - 2012. Most of the time, hosts were chosen even before the actual contest (for example - we knew 2008's host already in May 2007 before Rotterdam's event) :)

Anyway, indeed it was unexpected they decided to bring it back and I'm curious about reason. EBU didn't look really happy about Georgia's victory
unsure.gif

Yes, it's nothing new, many people don't seem to remember or know this. Even as recently as in 2015 the winner (Italy) didn't host. The winner never actually hosted before 2011 if I remember correctly.

Was anybody really happy about Georgia's victory? Without the dumb 100% jury voting, it never would have happened.

But still one has to wonder was it necessary to decide about it this early, did EBU for some reason want to make sure that Russia - in case they won - would not host... :eek:

AlekS

Veteran
But still one has to wonder was it necessary to decide about it this early, did EBU for some reason want to make sure that Russia - in case they won - would not host... :eek:
And what does prevent them from influencing the juries if they don't want Russia to win? People who make crucial changes in Eurovision represent their respective broadcasters + add their friendly broadcasters + it won't be such a problem with our jury. Imho Russia has more chances with somebody's refusal to host because their bid would be the best ... and if their bid got unrightfully scrapped they would screamed about it at every corner, that's 4sure :lol: They aren't interested in hosting that much.

AlekS

Veteran
:kz: Kazakhstan can debut in 2018! Channel 31 made a partnership deal with the EBU.

Channel 31 is going to broadcast JESC 2017 this year.

Their owner is Russian STS media group.

ps. "Eurovision Junior" :rolleyes:

AlekS

Veteran
Daneliya Tuleshova from :kz: Kazakhstan is the girl from the video^ above and she was in their delegation this year. Yesterday she won our The Voice. Kids:

(from 2:16)

Most def she will represent Kazakhstan next year.

Joni

Daneliya Tuleshova from :kz: Kazakhstan is the girl from the video^ and she was in their delegation this year. Yesterday she won our The Voice. Kids:

(from 2:16)

Most def she will represent Kazakhstan next year.

Watched that show, hopefully she will be their representative!

AlekS

Veteran
According to Gohar Gasparyan :am: Armenia is dissatisfied with the online voting and they can leave JESC if things won't change.

Joni

Romeo

Apparently there will be a representative of the United Kingdom at the JESC meeting in February :uk:

Top Bottom