Contact us

JESC 2014

94ayd

Using the televoting results only would've been way better! The juries are trying to kill the contest by promoting more mature and "professional" acts. :(

EDC0708

I also think the results were better under 100% televoting, as the winner was still the public's choice. The purpose of the juries was to reduce "block voting", so it seems unfair that Bulgaria, who do not really benefit from block voting, lose out on a victory, while Armenia got 12's from Belarus, Georgia, Russia and Ukraine, Italy got 12 from San Marino, and Georgia got 12 from Armenia. I've also seen it mentioned how strange Ukraine's jury vote was, with 3 jury members giving the exact same points!
I think both JESC and ESC will need a new voting system soon, which reduces block voting without cancelling out genuine votes for the best song.
That said, there were technically three winners in JESC, and the top 3 in the combined voting was the same as the televote scores top 3 if you include the kid's jury, so no kid "lost out" on a trophy because of the jury.
I was quite relieved that none of the acts did particularly badly, all picking up at least one televoting and jury point each (although I think Croatia, my favourite on the night, deserved much more than they got). It would be terrible if the split results ever revealed that an act had got 0 in both televoting and jury, I'm not sure 10-15 year olds would be able to deal with rejection like that.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I also think the results were better under 100% televoting, as the winner was still the public's choice. The purpose of the juries was to reduce "block voting", so it seems unfair that Bulgaria, who do not really benefit from block voting, lose out on a victory, while Armenia got 12's from Belarus, Georgia, Russia and Ukraine, Italy got 12 from San Marino, and Georgia got 12 from Armenia. I've also seen it mentioned how strange Ukraine's jury vote was, with 3 jury members giving the exact same points!

After the voting I immediately understood why the UK doesn't take part in the contest anymore. There definitely needs to be some changes made.

Jim

I believe that it would be better to have 75% televoting and 25% jury, both in JESC and ESC...

BGN

I think the current system is good one, but juries in some countries should be controlled more by EBU. And broadcasters themselves have to put more effort in ensuring smooth voting process, especially with the juries.

FilipFromSweden

That sweet sweet girl got robbed by a bunch of idiots sitting in the jury, why is there even a jury in the JESC? Why is it needed? There is not really any diaspora in JESC. This makes me angry, but I laughed when I saw that Sweden only got 3 points :lol:

The victory was Bulgarias, not Italy ending up 4th, ugh EBU!!! And not only that, the jury voted for the most adult song in the junior contest

Verjamem

JESC: Split Jury / Televote Results Announced JESC: Split Jury / Televote Results Announced | ESCunited.com

On November 15th the 2014 Junior Eurovision Song Contest took place in Marsa, Malta. For a number for weeks now it has been speculated that the Jury / Televote split result may not be announced, although, the speculation is over, and the EBU have released the rankings of each set of votes.
The Jury Final took place on the Friday night, one day before the live final was broadcast across Europe, the results from the Jury are as follows:
ITALY143
ARMENIA114
MALTA113
BULGARIA86
CYPRUS73
RUSSIA72
SERBIA65
BELARUS62
THE NETHERLANDS44
GEORGIA44
SWEDEN39
UKRAINE24
MONTENEGRO21
SLOVENIA14
SAN MARINO11
CROATIA3
Your ads will be inserted here by
Google Adsense.
Please go to the plugin admin page to set up your ad code.

On the Saturday night was when the other 50% of the voting took place, in the form of televotes. The Televoting Results are as follows:
BULGARIA143
ARMENIA124
UKRAINE100
ITALY100
RUSSIA89
THE NETHERLANDS69
MALTA64
BELARUS58
CYPRUS42
GEORGIA41
SLOVENIA39
SERBIA34
SAN MARINO11
MONTENEGRO10
SWEDEN3
CROATIA1
On the night when both sets of votes were combined the overall winner was*Italy, who are still to announce whether they will bost teh 2015 contest, with Bulgaria expressing their interest to host should Italy refuse.

Gogerko

Bulgaria was robbed....what is there left to say when we know that San Marino gave 1 point to Croatia and 0 to Bulgaria, obviously Italy didn't want them to get even a point from SM because they knew that Bulgaria will be their biggest threat....I mean, I am from Croatia, but in what universe can Game Over be better than Planet of the Children. :oops:

DJNightingale

My Top 10:
:1: point: :rs: - Nice melodic song.
:2: points: :it: - The same. But still doesn't sound as a winner. There are several reasons why Italy won, and the song isn't a reason.
:3: points: :ru: - Nice melodic song.
:4: points: ::ne - Catchy! :)
:5: points: :by: - East slavic traditions! :) And good voice and stage performance, too.
:6: points: :mt: - Best voice on this JESC.
:7: points: :sm: - Very underrated. The best stage performance on JESC.

:8: points: :sl: - Slovenia is the best country on JESC! They ALWAYS send FANTASTIC songs! And that's why they are always in my top 3! (Yes, i know that Slovenia participated only 2 times, but these 2 entries vere incredible) This one is very underrated.

:10: points: :cy: First it was my favourite, but then I gave my 12 points to the other country. This one is very catchy! The best music on this JESC!

:12: points: :bg: - No need to explain :)

Top Bottom