Contact us

JESC 2011 - Yerevan

aletem

I don't think Russia will win. I think Belarus will!! :)

Sim

My top 13:

1. Russia
2. Netherlands
3. Belarus
4. Georgia
5. Armenia
6. Ukraine
7. Bulgaria
8. Belgium
9. Sweden
10. Macedonia
11. Moldova
12. Lithuania
13. Latvia

This is not what I hope, but what I think

AlekS

Veteran
Russia was lame. I liked her 1st entry more.
It sounded like a mix of cheap pop from the 90's and cheesy folk about bears and самовары :lol:

Latvia ... poor girl screwed up vocally in 1 place :*) I like her voice but the song was boring.

Moldova. Usually the youngest performers become successful, even despite she's not my (or majority's) fave she has good chances to win.
Very charismatic. The song is not the best.

Armenia - here we go. Scooch! :lol:

Bulgaria - lulz @ weird dancers. The song was repetitive but overall not bad.

-----RECAP----
(my fave is Bulgaria and then Russia)

Lithuania - the most pale performance so far and the song sounds too adult. Good vocals on the other hand.

Ukraine - tech difficulties like us :lol: Pheeew, nice culmination. Overall she matched my expectations. The best uptempo song so far, imo.

Macedonia - totally different entry ))) Awww, his voice started mutating.

The Netherlands - if you close your eyes on what she wore it sound like pretty good entry. Very good.

Belarus - Is it JESC? She looks too adult imo. So-so ballad but she's a nice performer. Gr8 vocals.

-----RECAP----
(Ukraine and Netherlands are my faves)

Sweden - MF all the way. Unfortunately not the best part of MF. He performed within very limited vocal range. The song didn't surprise me at all.

Georgia - my 3rd fave. The best vocalists with mediocre song though.

Belgium - I dislike when retro style is applied to kids. Stable neutral performance.

my top-5:
1. The Netherlands
2. Ukraine
3. Georgia
4. Belgium
5. Russia

Last edited:

Kryptonite

My favourites: Sweden and Belarus
My prediction: Russia or The Netherlands

Sweden and Belarus may sound too mature for JESC but I really like both of them. My third favourite is Russia. :D

(Male host is so annoyingggg :oops:)

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
Sweden didn't sound too mature. Just too ordinary and pale.
Belarus indeed sounded too mature... but this is a kiddy's contest.

Also, considering so horrible Eurofest in 2012 this Belarusian girl could even win an adult NF with such song :*)

Kryptonite

Sweden didn't sound too mature. Just too ordinary and pale.
Belarus indeed sounded too mature... but this is a kiddy's contest.

Also, considering so horrible NF in 2012 this Belarusian girl could even win an adult NF with such song :*)

Yes, I can easily imagine Belarusian girl on ESC too. She has a great voice and the song (with small changes) could do well. :D

Lenalite

Worst winner ever. It was the worst stage ever, worst songs ever (at overall, I didn't really like them all), worst theme ever. It was the worst hosting and literally worst JESC for me. I am just shocked. I can't see the point of Candy Music, last year Mari Dari was an uniqueness and it deserved to win but now, with this crap, IDK how Georgia managed to win. The star of the night was Erik for sure.

Sim

why why why:) there were certainly 4/5 songs better than this.

EBU should give us the split results, they never did in the past in jesc but hopefully now they will

Lugano

My favorites were Bulgaria and Belarus. Netherlands was good too and I had expected Sweden & Ukraine to be nice as well but they suffered from bad performances. I can't understand that Georgia won though. Imo, their song was in the bottom 3.

AlekS

Veteran
imo, the contest is degrading and degrading... On the next morning I'll remember Gohar (she was ok as a host) only, maybe the Dutch entry and her horrible combination of pink and green :lol:

This JESC had the lowest ratings here, probably. The press was soooo silent, like nothing happened, almost. The same is for announcing NL as a host.

I'm not even sure if we keep running this sub-forum next year.

evilperson

I watched Georgia, Netherlands, and the recap on youtube. Who the hell voted for Georgia? Netherlands was completely robbed but so was every other song as everything was better than Georgia (except maybe Macedonia).

They shouldve recruited another Western country to boost Netherlands. Looking at the voting, Georgia totally voted tactically. 1-3 points to the countries that were threatening the top. Anyways its just JESC but still, at least a better song couldve won.

Top Bottom