Contact us

JESC 2011 - Yerevan

Quent91

I'm afraid this could be one of the last JESC...

And it's a good thing.

I don't like this competition.

The real ESC is the only one we all love !

Milos-BC

^^ I doubt it. Every year it is said that JESC is just near the abyss, but it is still alive and kicking. Though, the interest is much lower than before, but don't think it will end that quickly.

madlen_t

I really like the idea for Junior Eurovision, and I hope that this won't be the last one. If there are more Western countries it will be better, more than the half of the participating countries are from the East.

Milos-BC

^^ I agree. More western countries would raise the interest for the contest but the problem is that most western countries don't care about it.

Quent91

just look at the map :

299px-JESC_2010_Map.svg.png

hum... why are we still in ? does VRT have too much money ? and tros ? why don't they keep that money for the ESC and spend it for a real search of talent ?

Sim

just look at the map :

hum... why are we still in ? does VRT have too much money ? and tros ? why don't they keep that money for the ESC and spend it for a real search of talent ?

Quent, I think the VRT sees the JESC as an opportunity for young kids to perform and sing songs
Maybe as you have seen, the national finals are much more hyped here than the JESC itself.

Schlagerman1

According to Escdaily, it is for sure that Malta and Latvia will withdraw, Lithuania is looking for sponsors, Macedonia hasn't decided yet and they haven't found any answer from either Sweden or Serbia. Though it seems that Belarus, Moldova, Russia, Belgium, Netherlands, Georgia and Ukraine are clear to compete in Yerevan with Armenia.

Romania seems to be interested in a comeback and according to EBU-people..it is a western country in the talks of joining JESC...(who could it be? Italy? Finland? Germany? Austria? or will some country come back, like UK or France?)

Source: http://escdaily.com/articles/19547

Ingellita

Lithuania confirmed participation in JESC today (: xcheer NF will be held in September

Kees

just look at the map :

The AVRO host (very good) the JESC in the Netherlands.
The TROS host ESC (very bad) in the Netherlands.

Sabiondo

Serbia will be out of JESC 2011:

Serbian national broadcaster announce late last night that the country will not participate in the 2011 Junior Eurovision Song Contest in Yerevan, Armenia. The broadcaster seems that suffers from budget cuts and would feel ideally to withdraw from this contest for at least two or three years. The contest has been extremely rising in popularity the previous years but RTS has not yet decided if they will air the show live this year or not. Sonja Škorić seems to be the last representative of the country as she performed “Čarobna Noć” last year in Minsk.

http://www.oikotimes.com/eurovision/2011/07/06/serbia-out-of-jesc-2011/

Milos-BC

^^ Unfortunately, I was right. I thought RTS would withdraw last year, but they did so this year.

I doubt they will come back.

Sim

According to Sietse Bakker we have 12 countries and they are negotiating with 2 others.
more news follows today

goktengri

Banned
Spain, Bulgaria, Turkey and Albania don't reply to the JESC invitation...

Whereas we can use the Children song contests that is held here for JESC choices... TRT doesn't need extra payments. At least these contests get useful and encourage young musicians.

Me with my small community trying to contact with TRT about this but they don't give a clear answer.

On the other hand, JESC did a great mistake by bringing JESC to Yerevan. It should have given to a Western European country in order to gain some interest. Unfortunately it is killing itself and doing nothing to grow this great contest.

Last edited:
Top Bottom