Contact us

JESC 2005 - Belgium

Walich

View attachment 1839 View attachment 1833

Junior Eurovision 2005 - Belgium, Hasselt:
The Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2005 was the third Junior Eurovision Song Contest for young singers aged 8 to 15. On 26 November 2005, the contest was broadcast live from the Ethias Arena in Hasselt, Belgium, in a joint effort by the national broadcasters Vlaamse Radio- en Televisieomroep (VRT) and Radio télévision belge de la communauté française (RTBF), in co-operation with the European Broadcasting Union. Belgium won the right to hold the contest over five other countries including Croatian Radiotelevision (HRT) of Croatia and AVRO of the Netherlands. Marcel Vanthilt and Maureen Louys hosted the event.
The show was not only broadcast live in the competing countries, it was also available on satellite worldwide and the Australian television channel SBS who acquired the rights to broadcast the show one month later.
As many as twenty countries could have participated in this contest: Cyprus should have taken part but on October 13, Cypriot broadcaster Cyprus Broadcasting Corporation (CyBC) announced their withdrawal after questions arose over the song's origins, with complaints stating that the song they had chosen appeared to be plagiarism. This did not affect their ability to take part in the voting. In addition, Lithuania and Ukraine had planned on entering but later withdrew. Georgia had also wanted to appear but missed the participation deadline for the contest.
The public broadcasters of Switzerland and Poland didn't send candidates for financial reasons. France didn't join because of restructuring within the channel. Russia and Serbia and Montenegro made their debut in the competition this year.
The theme of the show was 'Let's Get Loud', standing for the new generation on the stage.
The show was watched by 8,500 people in the Arena, including the Belgian Prince Laurent and 20-25 million people around Europe.
Belarus was the winner of this edition, with 10-year old Ksenia Sitnik singing her song "My vmeste".

View attachment 1834
Winner JESC 2005, Kseniya Sitnik:
Ksenia Mikhailovna Sitnik (Belarusian: Ксенія Міхайлаўна Сітнік; Russian: Ксения Михайловна Ситник); born on 13 May 1995 in Mazyr, Belarus), sometimes also transliterated as Kseniya Sitnik or Xenia Sitnik, is a Belarusian child singer. She represented her home country in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2005, which she won with the self-penned song "My Vmeste" (We Are Together).

View attachment 1840
Ethias Arena, Hasselt, Belgium

Participants:
Number of entries: 16
Debuting countries - Russia and Serbia and Montenegro
Withdrawing countries - Cyprus, France, Poland and Switzerland

Results:
1. Belarus | Kseniya Sitnik - "My vmeste" (149p)
2. Spain | Antonio José - "Te traigo flores" (146p)
3. Norway | Malin Reitan - "Sommer og skolefri" (123p)
4. Denmark | Nicolai - "Shake Shake Shake" (121p)
5. Romania | Alina Eremia - "Țurai!" (89p)
6. Greece | Alexandros and Kalli - "Tora einai i seira mas" (88p)
7. Netherlands | Tess - "Stupid" (82p)
8. Macedonia | Denis Dimoski - "Rodendeski baknež" (68p)
9. Russia | Vladislav Krutskikh - "Doroga k solntsu" (66p)
10. Belgium | Lindsay - "Mes rêves" (63p)
11. Latvia | Kids4Rock - "Es esmu maza jauka meitene" (50p)
12. Croatia | Lorena Jelusić - "Rock Baby" (36p)
13. Serbia and Montenegro | Filip Vučić - "Ljubav pa fudbal" (29p)
14. United Kingdom | Joni Fuller - "How Does It Feel?" (28p)
15. Sweden | M+ - "Gränslös kärlek" (22p)
16. Malta | Thea & Friends - "Make It Right!" (18p)

Full Show:

Links:
Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2005 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ksenia Sitnik - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Êñåíèÿ Ñèòíèê - Ãëàâíàÿ - Ñàéò Êñåíèè Ñèòíèê

**I love Kseniya Sitnik since I were a kid and watched the JESC 2005 infront of the TV with my family. That's why I had to make this Forum post about JESC 2005 in Belgium**

Milos-BC

This was the best JESC edition ever for me :D

There were also many great songs. Macedonia from that year is also my favorite JESC entry so far.

I didn't like the winner too much though.

Walich

This was the best JESC edition ever for me :D

There were also many great songs. Macedonia from that year is also my favorite JESC entry so far.

I didn't like the winner too much though.

I have the same tought as you, but I love the winner :p

Nikkita

Watching that year right now.Kids4Rock from Latvia and Nicolai from Denmark were sooo cute :D And the winner is completely overrated,the real winner was Antonio Jose.

Walich

Sorry, but I dont agree. I love Kseniya, She was so cute on that eurovision. So I think it was a fair result.

Top Bottom