ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Ezio

Veteran
I am not crazy about it but it’s a solid 10 for me in this year

nudiecrudi

His mega tour starts after ESC
Hope he has enough time to prepare his performance and partecipate in some of the pre parties. It would be helpful. Last year Mahmoud and Blanco didn't go to any of pre parties, being involved in personal tours and activities. They lost a bit of momentum and arrived in Torino unprepared and tired.

sucof

confirmed the song DUE VITE.
Italy doesn't want to win, with LAZZA we would have done much better

nudiecrudi

confirmed the song DUE VITE.
Italy doesn't want to win, with LAZZA we would have done much better
Even with Lazza Italy wasn't going to win.
There are too many "contemporary" acts this year. You know what I mean.
Last year was a year full of ballads and Italy got the best placing amongst them.
This year ballads are only 4 or 5 and not all of them will get through semis.
In ESC there is always a place for a good ballad in the top rankings and Due Vite is an excellent ballad.

Chiarina

And now it's official that for the first time since I started watching esc Italy is my least favourite AQ xfacepalm
Still not bad because Due Vite is my number 16 right now and the AQs are all bringing great songs this year

Ajeje Brazorf

simori95

My very personal tragedy this year. Italy was my number 1 every other year since 2017 (so 17, 19, 21). It would have been their turn this year. Instead, Italy is my 31 with Due Vite, the first time out of my Top 20 (and even 30), and only the second time (2014 being the first) that it’s outside of my Top 10. Love Marco and most of his other stuff is more for me, usually love italian ballads too, but this is just a pass and a skip for me :cry:

Well, it will do well enough and I am hopeful that I will be very happy with next year‘s entry again.

Mainshow

Veteran
Marco was my #1 in 2013 and Loreen was my #1 in 2012 and I love both entries - I will probably vote for them the same time :D

mauve

Veteran
My very personal tragedy this year. Italy was my number 1 every other year since 2017 (so 17, 19, 21). It would have been their turn this year. Instead, Italy is my 31 with Due Vite, the first time out of my Top 20 (and even 30), and only the second time (2014 being the first) that it’s outside of my Top 10. Love Marco and most of his other stuff is more for me, usually love italian ballads too, but this is just a pass and a skip for me :cry:

Well, it will do well enough and I am hopeful that I will be very happy with next year‘s entry again.
Agree with you! For me, Italy was at least in my top 5 the past years except last year and this year. The song doesn't do anything for me unfortunately, but nevertheless Sanremo was absolutely fantastic. I keep my fingers crossed that Italy will be in my top next year again! xheart

VikingTiger

Marco was my #1 in 2013. He is my #2 ten years later. I absolutely adore Due Vite! And I praise Marco as a live artist, his voice is pure floating gold in my ears... And the italian langues is no disadvantage either!
:love:

nudiecrudi

It happens.
Personally I don't connect at all with songs that this year are amongst the favorites, Sweden-Norway-Spain-Serbia.
I skip them always.
It's a question of personal feelings.
Last year Mahmoud and Blanco with Brividi were the absolute winners with most streams and sellings in 2022.
This year the most successful artist until now is Lazza, but Marco isn't far from him.
Due Vite is a classic-modern Italian ballad and the quality of the song is unquestionable, you may like or connect with it or not. He was first in all the rankings with the Juries during Sanremo nights and I think it's the first time that happens in recent times with this kind of judging system. And believe me guys when it comes to ballads the qualitative jury tends to be ferocious, Giorgia ( one of most iconic Italian stars was hardly judged this year with her ballad).
But Due Vite was praised from the first listening by the press and critics. It was clear from the beginning it was going to win.
Now I don't want to convince anyone but just to explain how was the perception, generally speaking, about Due Vite.
I have to confess that during the winner proclaim between Marco and Lazza I was hoping deeply for Lazza to win but also wanted Marco because I love Due Vite.
But when I saw the percentage and the details of the votings I was a bit consolated. Lazza wasn't first with any of the Juries and Marco deserved the win.
Our latest esc history teaches us that all the songs that have won Sanremo have reached always a top 10 ranking, the lowest was Marco 7th, and I'm strongly convinced that this fact isn't casual. The general high quality of Sanremo and the complex voting system guarantees a complessive well-crafted artistic proposal, some years more appreciated by the ESC fans and some years not, but always by the general public of ESC.
P. S
I m going to watch Marco live at SanSiro stadium here in Milan, and sing with open arms ""Se questa è l'ultima canzone e poi la luna esploderà". 😍
Sorry for being so verbose ❤️

ayzelto

Last prediction of today.

I think Italy may be in trouble this year. People are saying this is a top 10 but the year is too strong to assume this will actually happen. While Mengoni is a great singer, he becomes a bit shouty towards the end of the song, and not in the best way.
Juries will appreciate this one, but I don’t think it will get much more than 100 points. Televote is a mystery, but we had many ballads last year and most of them ended up performing quite badly televoting-wise. For me this is a mid-table result. No way he will be 7th as in 2013.

Any opinions?

gingerale

After watching the official recap video I must say that Italy is the non event of the year. Every other country kept me interested but this just falls flat. I wonder who is going to vote for this.

Ajeje Brazorf

Last prediction of today.

I think Italy may be in trouble this year. People are saying this is a top 10 but the year is too strong to assume this will actually happen. While Mengoni is a great singer, he becomes a bit shouty towards the end of the song, and not in the best way.
Juries will appreciate this one, but I don’t think it will get much more than 100 points. Televote is a mystery, but we had many ballads last year and most of them ended up performing quite badly televoting-wise. For me this is a mid-table result. No way he will be 7th as in 2013.

Any opinions?

I don't think this year is that strong, tbh. It's diverse, but it is not stronger than 2022 and everybody despised 2022 after the first songs came out, and obviously weaker than 2020 selection (sigh...) and 2021. And for extent, isn't better than 2013 (songwise the most underrated Eurovision edition ever, imo). Marco is more an underdog than a contender this year, he knows it, he has no pressure on himself. Italy doesn't really need to be a contender right now: the ultimate goal was to host one more Eurovision and the mission was accomplished in 2021. That said, I still think he will be in the top 10 in the end: every year some favourites choke and some underdogs rise on the big stage, tops right now are just based on the song, not on the live performance or on stagings. I think Italy has a package ready, because Marco himself is the whole package: if he delivers like he usually does, Due Vite, which is not his best song by any means, will resonate greatly with a lot of people out there.

Last edited:

HayashiM

Veteran
Italy being in trouble after Mahmood and Blanco's atrocious vocals (as good as Brividi was) still made the top 10 last year? LMFAO.

Due Vite might seem a non-event for some, but at Eurovision, it's better to be loved by 10% of people than liked by everybody and given there's no serious threat in the man-ballad department this year, I am not worried about Marco not finding his audience. The juries will also rank this high with there being quite a few televote baits making their way through the semis only to see themselves uncompetitive with the juries. Unless he gets some really funny running order, Marco is a safe top 10 for :it: (though sure, probably not a victory contender).

Top Bottom