A volte non so esprimermi

E ti vorrei amare, ma sbaglio sempre
E ti vorrei rubare un cielo di perle
E pagherei per andar via
Accetterei anche una bugia

E ti vorrei amare, ma sbaglio sempre
E mi vengono i brividi, brividi, brividi​

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet we came eighth in the preference of televoting and without help from the jury (which, apparently, the 12 points for us from San Marino were subtracted 😃). Probably "Brividi" did not have the strength of many of our other entries of the past but to doubt the quality you have to be alone and purely in bad faith.

Now let's look at the pros and cons:

PROS:
  • Excellent and particular construction of the music.
  • Excellent lyrics construction.
  • Strong romantic / social theme.
  • New musical genre brought from Italy.
  • Excellent management of the advertising package (this made the difference between the sixth Italian place and the failure of "Fulenn").
  • Solid staging.
  • Perfect harmony between Mahmood and Blanco.
  • New from a duo of singers singing pro-LGBT themes at the ESC.
CONS:
  • Mahmood and Blanco's vocal and mental fatigue caused by concerts.
  • Mahmood's voice, at least for me, wasn't the perfect choice for this song. His very marked falsetto may not like it.
  • Lack of motivation. As the winner of the last edition, the host country of the current edition and the crisis in Ukraine, winning has never been considered a priority by our singers who have used the ESC stage to advertise and make their record labels happy.
  • For part of the facts reported in the previous point, our delegation was interested in achieving our minimum result (and terror for every non-Italian Eurofans 😱): the Top 10.
  • "Brividi", as expressed at the beginning of the message, does not have the same emotional strength and the Italian taste of many other songs of the past. "Brividi" I've always considered a "Swedish song": well built but little soul.
SCATTERED THOUGHTS:

If we calculate that "Brividi" got:
  • Record in the European chart.
  • Record YouTube views.
  • Spotify record.
  • Winner of the Critics' Award for Best Lyrics.
  • Sixth place in the Eurovision Song Contest.
  • Second place at OGAE 2022.
Are we sure we can say that "Brividi" was a failure and similar to what Emma brought to ESC 2014? 🤔 Are we sure that saying this doesn't prove even more how good Italy is? From a "failure" a minimum result of great depth was obtained. I think Germany would dream of having failures like ours every year. What if we have to commit? Would an era studded with Italian successes begin? Should we all think that a dark age will begin, a musical middle age for European fans? 🤣

I'll leave the floor to you, lawyer Polly. Do you accept defeat or do you want to negotiate? Today I feel magnanimous 🤣

A passionate kiss 😘🤣

You should use tags, noticing this post in August or nel corso di ferragosto was so anticlimactic 🤣🤣 Un bacio appassionato. 🥰

E Ciao Ciao 🤣

Zerocalcare

You should use tags, noticing this post in August or nel corso di ferragosto was so anticlimactic 🤣🤣 Un bacio appassionato. 🥰

E Ciao Ciao 🤣

Be careful to send me passionate kisses. Forumists might think there is some tender between us haha. Lately I attend the forum very little. We will all meet again when the NF are about to start and there... the fight will start again 😱

In the meantime, I dedicate a song to you. Perhaps a trivial choice but it is a recognition of the particular nickname that you have chosen:

It is always better to be friends with lawyers and not make them enemies 🤣

Con le mani, con le mani, con le mani
Ciao ciao 👋😆

Be careful to send me passionate kisses. Forumists might think there is some tender between us haha. Lately I attend the forum very little. We will all meet again when the NF are about to start and there... the fight will start again 😱

In the meantime, I dedicate a song to you. Perhaps a trivial choice but it is a recognition of the particular nickname that you have chosen:

It is always better to be friends with lawyers and not make them enemies 🤣

Con le mani, con le mani, con le mani
Ciao ciao 👋😆

Bosnian women in general are a "hard nut" 🤣

Thank you for the song, one of the most feminist songs in rock history, dedicated to a real woman who helped the police to catch a serial rapist who was preying women leaving rock concerts. She did everything he wanted, persuaded him to let her use the toilette at a gas station, wherefrom she called the police. Thus "She caught me of my guard, amazes me the will of instinct".

Song was written entirely by Kurt Cobain in one day when he and Novoselić got stuck on tour. It uses the perspective of the rapist to make it appear edgier and creepier.

Originally the song was a hard punk rock song, similar to e.g. Maneskin today, raw and undefined. This is the original.

However, when they finally signed the label, Kurt wanted it to become a creepy ballad and in post-production it got overlayered by Dave Grohl's (Foo Fighters) voice. Many people are unaware he had already been a supporting or lead vocalist on some Nirvana's song and not a drummer only, long before he became the lead vocal of FF.

There, I (ab)used your post 🤣 to portray an entire history of one song, purposefully of course, because almost none of the pop song we can hear today have a history. They are predominantly producer's play on computers, unrelated to a specific artist and destined for sale (like Scandinavian junk on the ESC), in contrast to real music that was once upon a time written by actual performers on stage and had a meaning on top of that.

Last edited:

Zerocalcare

Bosnian women in general are a "hard nut" 🤣

Thank you for the song, one of the most feminist songs in rock history, dedicated to a real woman who helped the police to catch a serial rapist who was preying women leaving rock concerts. She did everything he wanted, persuaded him to let her use the toilette at a gas station, wherefrom she called the police. Thus "She caught me of my guard, amazes me the will of instinct".

Song was written entirely by Kurt Cobain in one day when he and Novoselić got stuck on tour. It uses the perspective of the rapist to make it appear edgier and creepier.

Originally the song was a hard punk rock song, similar to e.g. Maneskin today, raw and undefined. This is the original.

However, when they finally signed the label, Kurt wanted it to become a creepy ballad and in post-production it got overlayered by Dave Grohl's (Foo Fighters) voice. Many people are unaware he had already been a supporting or lead vocalist on some Nirvana's song and not a drummer only, long before he became the lead vocal of FF.

There, I (ab)used your post 🤣 to portray an entire history of one song, purposefully of course, because almost none of the pop song we can hear today have a history. They are predominantly producer's play on computers, unrelated to a specific artist and destined for sale (like Scandinavian junk on the ESC), in contrast to real music that was once upon a time written by actual performers on stage and had a meaning on top of that.
Are Bosnian women hard nuts? 😃 You taught me a new thing 🤣 Now I understand why you love the hard, unfiltered music of the first Kurt Cobain. It suits you a lot.

I guess for you Novoselic must be almost a hero 😄 If my memory serves me right, he has Balkan (Croatian) origins. I listened to the song you sent me and I admit I preferred it to the softer version. In the hard punk version he manages to get the tone of protest better to the public and to make the angular and disturbing nuances of the rapist feel more true and strong. Those who commit such crimes have hardness in their hearts and confusion in their heads. What other genre could have been used but Hard Punk? Cobain's next choice, perhaps more than pressure from the record label, was a way to better convey the message in the mainstream, to the wider audience. Great move. The song managed to survive the "change of clothes" because it had a strong message inherent in itself.

It's true. Today music no longer arouses any emotion. Only a few artists manage to convey strong feelings to us. We see more, especially at the ESC, to songs sung with sublime voices, well constructed and with excellent choreography but... it is precisely the message that is missing. Now we only see repeating politically correct slogans and stories that ultimately have no substance. Equal to the same people today: superficial intellectuals, revolutionaries for fun, sheep disguised as wolves, keyboard lions. Who today would have the courage of Kurt Cobain to challenge public opinion? The Måneskin came vaguely close to it and that is why the global audience is excited for them. After years and years they have experienced dormant or never experienced emotions (the new generations). Yet... I say it as an Italian, the Måneskin are a modern product, they are controlled revolutionaries who, beyond the irreverent gesture, have no message in themselves. We are in front of the Pop Rock. I only loved them, in "Zitti e Buoni", how they made fun of all those who open their mouths just to give them breath. Then ok, they are very good but... they don't give me feelings.

About Dave Grohl, these are things that music addicts like us know 🤣 He had a good schooling in Nirvana ❤️

I greet you with this song by Dave Grohl and the Foo Fighters 👋:

12Pointsgoto.....

This definitely didn't deserve to come this high with the televote. I actually quite liked the staging but the vocals were atrocious on the night. Mahmood didn't hit the falcetto until the end and blanco was off the entire time.

Zerocalcare

This definitely didn't deserve to come this high with the televote. I actually quite liked the staging but the vocals were atrocious on the night. Mahmood didn't hit the falcetto until the end and blanco was off the entire time.
In principle I agree but it must also be said that, besides Spain, the UK, Sweden, Ukraine, Portugal and the funny Moldova it was a poorly talented edition and obviously drugged because of the war (okay that Ukraine had a good song but would have gotten the same acclaim in a different scenario?). Can you tell me "Greece and the Netherlands?". The first, a Scandinavian ballad in Hellenic land, was nothing special and was too overrated while the Netherlands had a good song but the staging was bad. Who deserved to overtake Italy was Portugal. Evaluating "Brividi", the positives are that the song is musically well constructed, the lyrics were beautiful, the Trap genre with a male duo with an LGBT message was original and reaped the rewards of great publicity (Italy knew sell its product since before the ESC). The downsides, I am always very sincere, are: Mahmood and Blanco are no longer able to replicate the magic of the Sanremo prime time, the duo did not have the same affinity as Måneskin since it was created by record companies, our singers have had to do several concerts before the ESC that tired them and always the two of them plus our delegation had no incentives (Mahmood was only interested in being a testimonial, Blanco wanted to advertise himself and the delegation wanted to achieve a good "minimum result" because winning involved another major investment and then it was also impossible due to politicization). Other downsides? There is another: compared to "Fai Rumore" for example, "Brividi" has never been able to give me any emotion. It was a great product but without a real soul deep inside. This is my objective thinking. The Top 10 is deserved but it should have deserved less than Mengoni. Thinking that "L'Essenziale" has reached seventh place destroys my heart 💔😭

Last edited:

12Pointsgoto.....

In principle I agree but it must also be said that, besides Spain, the UK, Sweden, Ukraine, Portugal and the funny Moldova it was a poorly talented edition and obviously drugged because of the war (okay that Ukraine had a good song but would have gotten the same acclaim in a different scenario?). Can you tell me "Greece and the Netherlands?". The first, a Scandinavian ballad in Hellenic land, was nothing special and was too overrated while the Netherlands had a good song but the staging was bad. Who deserved to overtake Italy was Portugal. Evaluating "Brividi", the positives are that the song is musically well constructed, the lyrics were beautiful, the Trap genre with a male duo with an LGBT message was original and reaped the rewards of great publicity (Italy knew sell its product since before the ESC). The downsides, I am always very sincere, are: Mahmood and Blanco are no longer able to replicate the magic of the Sanremo prime time, the duo did not have the same affinity as Måneskin since it was created by record companies, our singers have had to do several concerts before the ESC that tired them and always the two of them plus our delegation had no incentives (Mahmood was only interested in being a testimonial, Blanco wanted to advertise himself and the delegation wanted to achieve a good "minimum result" because winning involved another major investment and then it was also impossible due to politicization). Other downsides? There is another: compared to "Fai Rumore" for example, "Brividi" has never been able to give me any emotion. It was a great product but without a real soul deep inside. This is my objective thinking. The Top 10 is deserved but it should have deserved less than Mengoni. Thinking that "L'Essenziale" has reached seventh place destroys my heart 💔😭
The Jury show was great but this was in my personal bottom 5 of the night. I agree that L'Essenziale was robbed so much and deserved more than 7th

Top Bottom