E ti vorrei rubare un cielo di perle
E pagherei per andar via
Accetterei anche una bugia

E ti vorrei amare, ma sbaglio sempre
E mi vengono i brividi, brividi, brividi​

Last edited by a moderator:

Mainshow

Veteran
:se: and :pt: have already won from these positions (late first half) - also, other entries got a decent to amazing result from these spots - I´m quite surprised that we finally got a host country to perform in the first half (I can only think of Sweden 2016 and Portugal 2018 who - strangely - had to perform in the first half after winning "from the first half" again) but overall, #9 is quite a good spot, imo.

crashworld

Veteran
Hold up, my understand is the hosting country will just draw which half they will perform in, but they can decide which specific slot in the half they have drawn in. So meaning to say, Italy has drawn the first half, but the delegation decides they want the #9 slot. Isn't that the way?

Edit: Read that this time is a random draw, weird though.
https://eurovision.tv/story/italy-will-perform-9th

Last edited:

Jonkonfui

People are weird... Commenting the 9th position as if this was a thing and comparing it to whatever happened to whoever sung 9th last year or in 2003. Predicting chances to win because of 9th position... Eurovision is like football for gays. Football fans need to talk about football and when there is nothing to say they talk anyway and discuss whatever no matter if it makes sense or else.
Nowadays Eurovision fans do exactly the same with Esc... Oooo I miss the good ol' Eurovision golden days!!.

DanielLuis

Hold up, my understand is the hosting country will just draw which half they will perform in, but they can decide which specific slot in the half they have drawn in. So meaning to say, Italy has drawn the first half, but the delegation decides they want the #9 slot. Isn't that the way?

Edit: Read that this time is a random draw, weird though.
https://eurovision.tv/story/italy-will-perform-9th
It's always been like this. The host has always chosen their running order by a random draw in the HoD Meeting.

crashworld

Veteran
It's always been like this. The host has always chosen their running order by a random draw in the HoD Meeting.

Oh really. I am always under the impression the host country is able to pick the specific slot they want but the halves have to be randomly drawn. Was trying to find more information on the host country draw earlier on but couldn't. Guess I didn't search hard enough. Thanks for correcting me.

Preuss

I'm glad it didn't get an earlier draw, I think 9th is good

Are these draws really random though?

It really doesn't matter whether it is 9th or 19th or 29th in the running order, but what comes before and after this duet.

Because Brividi is a pretty common ballad that doesn't stand out from "the type" and there are also many other ballads this year, it could get "annulled" by a more powerful performance/s coming next after them and fall to oblivion when the the voting lines open.

That's what happened to Pravi's Voila last year. Her performance was amazing, and then 2 songs after there comes Måneskin.

Or we can observe how Victoria's pretty standard (but also beautiful) ballad from Bulgaria, that was praised a lot before the Grand Final and got lots of jury votes, didn't stand out in the televote as she performed in between of Blind Channel and Lithaunian Roop which were both "bangers" in their own distinct styles.

Btw, last year 9th in the running order was nil pts UK (Embers). Just saying. 🤣

nudiecrudi

It really doesn't matter whether it is 9th or 19th or 29th in the running order, but what comes before and after this duet.

Because Brividi is a pretty common ballad that doesn't stand out from "the type" and there are also many other ballads this year, it could get "annulled" by a more powerful performance/s coming next after them and fall to oblivion when the the voting lines open.

That's what happened to Pravi's Voila last year. Her performance was amazing, and then 2 songs after there comes Måneskin.

Or we can observe how Victoria's pretty standard (but also beautiful) ballad from Bulgaria, that was praised a lot before the Grand Final and got lots of jury votes, didn't stand out in the televote as she performed in between of Blind Channel and Lithaunian Roop which were both "bangers" in their own distinct styles.

Btw, last year 9th in the running order was nil pts UK (Embers). Just saying. 🤣
A perfect foreteller.
Let's close the intire thing because Polly has foreseen everything and knows how it will end.
I remember last year Polly, many were saying that Finland was going to overshadow Maneskin. You're saying the same thing.
But you forgot Polly that this and Netherlands are the only ones sung in the proper language, which is a plus. Another plus is that they are a duo. There isn't any this year.
So my dear Polly it depends from which point of view you're looking, listing all the contros and forgetting the pros

A perfect foreteller.
Let's close the intire thing because Polly has foreseen everything and knows how it will end.
I remember last year Polly, many were saying that Finland was going to overshadow Maneskin. You're saying the same thing.
But you forgot Polly that this and Netherlands are the only ones sung in the proper language, which is a plus. Another plus is that they are a duo. There isn't any this year.
So my dear Polly it depends from which point of view you're looking, listing all the contros and forgetting the pros

Nudie, I said last year that Finland will be worse placed with juries and televote than Italy. Ergo I am a great fortune teller, you are right about that. 🤣

I also said Pravi would never win with her running order, but nobody listened to me, dummies 🤣

And a huge corrigendum - you are not the only nor "1 out of 2 countries" singing in national language that could give you an advantage, there are also:

1. Spain

2. Albania

3. France with Breton

4. Ukraine

5. Netherlands

(All of them are competing in odds with Italy for 1st place and some are even better placed)

6. Slovenia

7. Lithuania

8. Iceland

9. Cyprus

10. Moldova

11. Serbia

12. Portugal

13. San Marino also in Italian with an Italian star 🤣🤣🤣

13. And expect more to come.

Almost half of the entries are non-English.

Lov3 Italy, but keep it real.

nudiecrudi

Nudie, I said last year that Finland will be worse placed with juries and televote than Italy. Ergo I am a great fortune teller, you are right about that. 🤣

I also said Pravi would never win with her running order, but nobody listened to me, dummies 🤣

And a huge corrigendum - you are not the only nor "1 out of 2 countries" singing in national language that could give you an advantage, there are also:

1. Spain

2. Albania

3. France with Breton

4. Ukraine

5. Netherlands

(All of them are competing in odds with Italy for 1st place and some are even better placed)

6. Slovenia

7. Lithuania

8. Iceland

9. Cyprus

10. Moldova

11. Serbia

12. Portugal

13. San Marino also in Italian with an Italian star 🤣🤣🤣

13. And expect more to come.

Almost half of the entries are non-English.

Lov3 Italy, but keep it real.
Polly, my dear, in your first message you were talking about ballads, considering Brividi THE TYPE THAT DOES NOT STANDS OUT. I know there are different songs in proper language.
I was talking about BALLADS in proper language.
For this reason I told you that it stands out because it's different from the others.
Australia, Poland, Greece, Sweden, GB somehow, the most quoted ones. Brividi isn't comparable to any present songs, you can agree about it

Jonkonfui

A perfect foreteller.
You are hurt when people criticize Brivide... It is so cute!. I foretell that on the Final we will hear Mahmood screeching like hell... I dont understand why would a singer sing a song (this is called aliteration, I am a poet) that he struggles to deliver... I suppose it has to do with being italian.

Zerocalcare

You are hurt when people criticize Brivide... It is so cute!. I foretell that on the Final we will hear Mahmood screeching like hell... I dont understand why would a singer sing a song (this is called aliteration, I am a poet) that he struggles to deliver... I suppose it has to do with being italian.
Jonkonfui, you give too much importance to your words and those of others that in the end are mere points of view. Life goes on anyway. I personally react with a shrug.

What snaps to attention every time he comments on the Spain thread (also attacking his compatriots) seems to me just you. Basically you blame Nudiecrudi for having a behavior that is yours.

Still I wonder why Mahmood and Blanco suck because there are all these comments attacking them. When something is not beautiful it falls into general indifference. Isn't it that some here are afraid of Italy's second victory here?

Historically, the ninth position is not very bad:

2013 - Malta, 8th place
2014 - Poland, 14th place (but 5th in televoting)
2015 - Norway, 8th place
2016 - Sweden, 5th place
2017 - Italy, 6th place
2018 - United Kingdom, 24th place
2019 - Sweden, 5th place
2021 - United Kingdom, 26th place

The UK is not to be taken into consideration because they have had no good path at the Eurovision Song Contest for years (which I am sure will be able to break this year with "Spaceman"). In past seasons we had 26 songs (27 in 2015 if I remember correctly). If in 2015 he won the n⁰10 in the running order, it is not very far from 9/25 of 2022. The race is still open.

Avoiding talking about Sobral and Würst, which other members before me have been able to explain, at the Eurovision Song Contest the running order has a relative importance. If the song is good it will still do well.

Last edited:

jeriswani

A perfect foreteller.
Polly is right though. When the Eurovision released the video recap of the songs once the running order was announced i myself could see Victoria had an awful placement between two bangers. although dark side is a completely different genre they are both in the exact same key making it even more forgettable in that placement.

I do think it's very possible it chills to get forgotten even though I like it. But Rai have a lot of control over that at like polly said it's about the type of songs that are around it. I'm gonna just go finish off by saying this. “Growing up is getting old” was in G major which the most popular Key acording the Spotify. Chills is in… G major.

Edit: I will also add however that the majority of the favourite this year are in major keys. Which historically haven’t done well, however maybe we are entering a new era where they will fair a lot better .

Jonkonfui

Jonkonfui, you give too much importance to your words and those of others that in the end are mere points of view. Life goes on anyway. I personally react with a shrug.

What snaps to attention every time he comments on the Spain thread (also attacking his compatriots) seems to me just you. Basically you blame Nudiecrudi for having a behavior that is yours.

Still I wonder why Mahmood and Blanco suck because there are all these comments attacking them. When something is not beautiful it falls into general indifference. Isn't it that some here are afraid of Italy's second victory here?

Historically, the ninth position is not very bad:

2013 - Malta, 8th place
2014 - Poland, 14th place (but 5th in televoting)
2015 - Norway, 8th place
2016 - Sweden, 5th place
2017 - Italy, 6th place
2018 - United Kingdom, 24th place
2019 - Sweden, 5th place
2021 - United Kingdom, 26th place

The UK is not to be taken into consideration because they have had no good path at the Eurovision Song Contest for years (which I am sure will be able to break this year with "Spaceman"). In past seasons we had 26 songs (27 in 2015 if I remember correctly). If in 2015 he won the n⁰10 in the running order, it is not very far from 9/25 of 2022. The race is still open.

Avoiding talking about Sobral and Würst, which other members before me have been able to explain, at the Eurovision Song Contest the running order has a relative importance. If the song is good it will still do well.
Wow that is too long for my brain to process... But just reading your first sentence: i give too much importance to my words and those of others I realize you are so absolutely right, your insight into things is so fuckingly accurate that I do not need to carry on reading...
Forza Italia!!

HayashiM

Veteran
“Growing up is getting old” was in G major which the most popular Key acording the Spotify. Chills is in… G major.
Why do you think that matters? :eek: Every song remains the same no matter the key you sing it in - it is always the same progression of the same intervals.
(Sure, it eventually gets a tiny bit more complicated if you go real deep, but that's way beyond the scope of general public. I am fairly sure 90% of juries have no idea what key is any given song presented in, let alone the televoters.)

jeriswani

Why do you think that matters? : eek: Every song remains the same no matter the key you sing it in - it is always the same progression of the same intervals.
(Sure, it eventually gets a tiny bit more complicated if you go real deep, but that's way beyond the scope of general public. I am fairly sure 90% of juries have no idea what key is any given song presented in, let alone the televoters.)

Well ofcourse the general public or even the juries aren't going to know or care about the keys they are in. People at home aren't going be like “that's in c major I hate songs in c major so I won't vote for it”. I'm talking statically. A ballad in G major is popular in the music industry but in Eurovision tends to be forgotten. However a lot of the favourites are in major keys this years (although many are in 2 different keys). what will most likely save brividi is the fact that there is a key change in it which GUIGO didn’t have.

Top Bottom