Che qui mi manca l’aria

Ma sono fuori di testa, ma diverso da loro
E tu sei fuori di testa, ma diversa da loro
Siamo fuori di testa, ma diversi da loro
Siamo fuori di testa, ma diversi da loro

Noi siamo diversi da loro​

Last edited by a moderator:

Jopi

Looved Irama, Gaia and Ermal last night. Loved also Chiamami per nome from the first night.
I think there's a good chance that Irama will win (he may get the best of 3 mixed votes), and top3 with him also Ermal and F&F.

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool
My top 5 overall :

1 - La Rappresentante di Lista - Amare : what i like with italian entries is the fact that it surpasses the ESC thing to be a real good song overall, regardless of Sanremo, ESC, all this all that... That's what i heard with Amare. Such an awesome song. It's free, anthemic, it breathes love and life, it's really well produced and instrumentalized with an astounishing singer... All that i like. My biggest crush on the whole festival.

2 - Maneskin - Zitti e Buoni : as i said earlier i have a soft spot to rock entries, and this one does not disappoint. It's really catchy while being a bit dirtyish (compared to Blind Channel i would say) and they slay live. I would be delighted to see them going to Rotterdam.

3 - Irama - La Genesi di Tuo Colore : a lot of countries would kill to have this piece. The clear voice/vocoder mix is incredible, the rhythm of the whole song is awesome and he slays live, even if this was just a rehearsal clip. Don't know if he'll still compete in regard of all this covidrama, but right now, the song is fit for ESC. Why not sending him already to Rotterdam, since representing Italy in ESC for the winner is optional ? Just sayin'...

4 - Willie Peyote - Mai dire Mai (La Locura) : yeah it's maybe some boomer rap but i really like this mix of genres, the chorus is awesome and catchy and the mix does sound really good. The best rapped verses of all the competition imo.

5 - Colapesce Dimartino - Musica Leggerissima : was a little bit underwhelmed when i first heard it, but after returning to it i have the chorus stuck in my head. Really charming sound, light-sounding but also somewhat melancholic, like summer holidays in a beautiful place but there's no sun, only rain. I really like this mood, already a big grower for me !

As for the Nuove Proposte, Davide Shorty is my winner. The song is so damn good and his live performance was marvelous.

rasmuslights

Veteran
my favorites are: Irama, Gaia, Annalisa, Maneskin, Francesca & Fedez and Colapesce & Dimartino. i also like a bunch of other songs (Noemi, Arisa, Fulminacci..) but these are my faves and would lowkey all be my winners.

I agree on 5 of those 6 candidates - while Maneskin has grown on me, if he is 15th at this point, that points to him getting around 3% of the demoscopic votes. To qualify for the top 3, you need 8% at the very least (last year, PTN qualified with the average of 8.4%)- so he would practically need to absolutely slay both the press and public votes and get at least 10% from both of them. I don't see it very likely in this lineup.

On the other hand, I'd still add Annalisa to the favourites, if she is 2nd at this point, I don't think you can realistically exclude her.

From these 6, it's anyone's game, yeah. My guess is F&F, Ermal and maybe Annalisa will slay the televote but not the juries, Willie and Fasma could do the opposite and Irama could be strong with both (I presume he has a strong fanbase? At least it seemed to me like that with all the hype around La ragazza con il cuore di latta two years ago). My guess for the top 3 is F&F, Ermal and Irama and Irama winning (from the couch at home, how stylish! :) ). But anyone from those other 3 could easily surprise.
Great analysis. Indeed, the Maneskins were thwarted by the opinion poll jury. I can tell you that this group has a strong fan base but, due to this demoscopic handicap, and too many strong songs competing, they will not go to ESC. I'm sorry but I don't disagree. The Maneskin would have had to fight against the Blind Channel and this fight would have divided the audience. Better to focus on something different.

I also believe that Annalisa is in the group of contenders for victory but in the end, let's be honest, really "Dieci" is better than the songs of Irama, Willie, Fedez & Michielin, Fasma and Ermal Meta? They are also in good positions (all in "Top 10").

Do you ask me if Irama has many fans? Yes and no. He has his supporters but he is still not a great artist in the eyes of the general public. However, we Italians, unlike those who believe we are only lovers of ballads or music programs such as "The 4 seasons" (which is also the name of a very good pizza), are sensitive to talent. I leave you the link of the official video of Irama on YouTube. Many Italians believe and want Irama to win. I tell you more! Some are agreeing by saying "Let's vote Irama" haha. If Irama wins I'm happy because we could make a good impression on the ESC.

We remain to see who will win. I must say that until the first evening I was not very confident but after the second evening ... wow! It is a very strong edition! The desire to experiment led us to create several good songs for the ESC. Anyone want to buy one? Joke! Haha.

BernadetteCydonia

I've written down my top favourites from this year, and there's a handful of them. So this tells enough that I'm VERY impressed with Sanremo 2021.

Though if I had to take away at least my top TOP favourites from the list:

Colapesce & Dimartino - vibey summer-esque song, for easy listening. They have a chance to stand out overall if they were to keep their rollerskater girl bud for Rotterdam if they didn't have a snowball's chance in hell at winning.
Extraliscio ft. Davide Toffolo - sometimes I just *live* for the chaos. To me it looked like a balanced chaos when paired with that performance, idk why.
Francesca Michielin & Fedez - not sure about the chemistry of the two but the songs seems incredibly nice to be fair! Francesca looks cute even with her hair shorter than usual.
Gaia - yass queen latino vibes. Elettra's spiritual successor that does the job of performing live much better but otherwise both Cuore amaro and Musica (e il resto scompare) are absolute vibes.
Irama - production kicks ass. Might be choked out by digital vocals just a tad bit, but for a rehearsal performance it looked alright (aside from the fact that he kinda looked like a crack addict). Given how most of the time a familiar name to Sanremites just keeps on winning, why not this?
La Rappresentante di Lista - again, production kicks ass. Cheers.
Lo Stato Sociale - to repeat myself once more, I live for the chaos, and their quirk has found a place in my heart, even it was probably more thanks to the performance than the song, mayhaps.
Måneskin - banger. I might as well need to accept Italy is still not very comfortable with sending unabashed rock music with energy overflows and just a fun bunch of people, but I'd lie to myself if I wouldn't die for Italy to actually surprise send it. Mahmood was also chanceless with demoscopic juries, but we'll see.
Willie Peyote - bop, and I have a hunch I will be able to adore the lyrics once I know what they mean! Every now and then I love me some very self referential tune, especially if it's dressed with something I can listen to without getting enough of it for at least three times in a row.

Francesco Renga might as well be the act that completes the top 10 for me. I can't deny that these kind of Festivali i Kenges-esque uncle songs started working for me since the one from last year. I really didn't want to like this but I just can't not to... I just can't not to. I am also rooting for Coma_Cose (cute song), Malika Ayane (unexpectedly good song from Malika Ayane, also a bop!) and Max Gazzè (insanely fun piece).

Last edited:

BernadetteCydonia

The rest. Let's talk about them.

Fulminacci and Gio Evan have great male ballads. One of them kinda reminds me more of Sanremo Giovani levels of male ballads that pop up on there, but that's not necessarily a bad thing - we literally have Scopriti this year in the Nuove Proposte final to fit that fodder to a T. The other one sounded like the artist was constantly on the verge of breaking down violently at the last minute or so, so I commend them on keeping their emotions so well, I guess.

Annalisa, Noemi, Arisa, Orietta Berti - female ballad fodder. Out of these the weakest link for me is Arisa - probably the one song that's hardest to care about this year, if not counting Ermal Meta's sincere but underwhelming attempt from the male ballad fodder. I'm very much inclining to accept Annalisa and Noemi as healthy alternatives to Italy's same usual. Orietta Berti is legendary but I can't quite map out where she lands with me, but I would think she lands in the same area as Annalisa and Noemi for now.

Fasma and AIELLO have the same vibe for me, as in that they make use of being something of a modern-ish ballad. Though Fasma got carried away with autotune, and AIELLO - with his temper (no really, "SESSO E IBUPROFENEEEEEE" will ring in my head for the entire week if not for longer). So I really think of them as quite the hard passes.

Ghemon and Bugo are my biggest disappointments of the year, one negatively and one positively. True, it ain't easy to have big expectations on someone when you only know ONE of their past entries (which also were their very first), but I would lie to myself if I didn't expect something I would like from them. Momento perfetto is quite the tune though if you even removed Rose viola from my memory. E invece sì in the meantime... it tries to be a bit more showtune-y and carefree, but instead it just kinda flounders around in both and the end result is a bit of a turn off for me. Is it too late to think Morgan was the one responsible for what made Sincero actually pop, so to speak? If he weren't playing Bugo like he was his better mood game, I think that for a solo Morgan entry it would've made equally good enough. Though it would still not be as memetic as back then if he did do it solo.

I could only talk about Random as part of the "male ballads I like" squad, but he doesn't have enough going for himself with the song, eventhough his performance was quite good - same goes for Ermal Meta, but I'd rather not be able to categorize him because I really don't care for his song, so him winning overall was a biiiiit of a letdown, but I guess it was easier for demoscopics to rate him high because they just know how good of a performer he is.

And finally, Madame... look guys, you might find everything about this song emotional, but for me, nothing was quite doing it. I like the production elements on Voce, though some of these felt clunky. And the performance... man, please hide all the autotuned mics from the contestants on the Saturday night, I beg of you. Madame could've done so well without one. Now I feel like I've seen some sort of a mess that wasn't quite executed as well as intended. Which sucks as this 18-19 year old has a lot more going in her life in the future.

BernadetteCydonia

Nuove Proposte... well y'all have already seen me stan Davide Shorty's song, but I can't stress it enough about the vibe it creates. It just makes me smile at how good it is.

True, there's Gaudiano and his poignant little tune, with Asian(?) violins in the chorus and made up of just fine production, but the thing is that it doesn't create a vibe with me so that I could feel his pain. It's just somewhat of a tune to listen to.

I found myself replaying Wrongonyou's song more times than I thought I should. It's so well produced as well!

Folcast brought out a pleasant male ballad and is overall a really great addition to the final as well, I am fully well amazed at how good this year's Nuove Proposte final is.

I felt very underwhelmed by the girls' songs (Greta Zuccholi and Elena Faggi), Dellai's performance was lowkey too weird to come across for a usual televoter still able to tune in for the night, and Avincola was at least there with a cute little song but to me it sounded like something I would likely dismiss if I even heard it on Festival da Canção. But I commend the lad on his performance's coziness and the little football he had going with him.

From the Sanremo Giovani finalists I remember, I miss Le Larve's song the most. Musicaeroplano live felt lowkey aggressive the way he presented it (especially the "na na na na naaaaa" part), but I did end up developing feelings towards it - though they weren't as strong as they were for me with Lezioni di volo and Regina post-show.

Not wanting to dance anymore, but I must dance
A very eclectic band and song. I liked their performance even though ... in my ranking they are in the low positions.

I was honestly so shocked they ranked so low last night, they gave such a great performance! Is it that this is considered more like, "old fashioned"?

However, it would be the worst choice because we will bring to the ESC a "usual Italian melody" that would appreciate a narrow audience while leaving the other indifferent or generating violent criticism.

The irony for me here is that, Ermal stated in an interview that he's not looking to win, and yet he's now a favorite to win.

Extraordinary sound and pure protesting text. We have here one of the candidates for victory! Although ... I think our audience and the jury will invest Irama with the role of ESC representative. Probably, Willie will win one of the critics' awards.

This reminds me a lot of Gabbani, (in that there's a lot of wordplay that might go over people's heads) so I get why the Italian audience might be more cautious with choosing this.

I never imagined that such a sound would be brought to Sanremo. Like HayashiM, I'm not a fan of distortions but that perfect balance has been found in this song. Irama is the No. 1 candidate for the victory in Sanremo (even if the battle will be very tough).

I'll admit, I thought Irama would return with another ballad, so when the vocoder hit I was xshock

Orietta Berti is for music lovers, the mainstream is no longer her field.

And yet the demoscopic jury tanked her

giphy.gif

I will be short, Ermal Meta, Fasma and Fedez & Michielin are not strong choices for the ESC.

giphy.gif

No, but in all seriousness, I wouldn't have issue with Irama winning.

Top Bottom