16 6.8%

9 3.8%

7 3.0%

2 0.8%

4 1.7%

27 11.4%

• Total voters

musicfan

I think I never used the word this year, but now I do: this is the song that was robbed by the juries. How can Australia be better than Italy? *shaking head*

Because it's a very good upbeat dance song, better than Cyprus for instance. The Australian song was actually very underrated. Outside of Eurovision it would definitely be popular with more people than this Italian folk-styled song. Italy has a reputation because of the history of Sanremo, take that away and I bet this song would be popular among fewer people.

ZoboCamel

I think I never used the word this year, but now I do: this is the song that was robbed by the juries. How can Australia be better than Italy? *shaking head*

Speaking as an Australian.... yes, this was robbed by the juries. I'd forward the jury points we got through to Italy if I could :lol:

mauve

Veteran
Because it's a very good upbeat dance song, better than Cyprus for instance. The Australian song was actually very underrated. Outside of Eurovision it would definitely be popular with more people than this Italian folk-styled song. Italy has a reputation because of the history of Sanremo, take that away and I bet this song would be popular among fewer people.

I understand and I know I am subjectice. To me Australia's song was okay, but still very mediocre. But she didn't perform it well on stage. She has wonderful charisma though, but that sometimes isn't enough when the voice is so shaky. Italy sang and performed better and their message went to heart.

mauve

Veteran
Speaking as an Australian.... yes, this were robbed by the juries. I'd forward the jury points we got through to Italy if I could :lol:

You are a very warm-hearted Person considering the fact that we are talking about your country ... but then again I remember too well the past years when I disliked the entries of my own country! :D

Kairit

Re: ITALY 2018 - Ermal Meta & Fabrizzio Moro - Non mi avete fatto niente

This ... can win Eurovision. This song is A Moment.

Well then, I wasn't that far off. :) Genuinely, seeing this quite unexpectedly be Top 3 with the public (something that matters most imo) was the best thing of this year's Eurovision for me. It proved this song's power. For the longest time, I didn't see it get the hype it deserved and it still doesn't, despite the results. And if there's one song that deserves it and should get attention, it's this one imo. Still, I am so proud of them. It's a fantastic result, even if the jury vote bitters it a bit. xheart

darkap

"It would be the perfect song to close the show for its message", that's what I told to one of the Italian Delegation days before. And it happened.
Who disagrees is heartless and doesn't know the meaning of the Eurovision: Unite Europe! What "Non mi avete fatto niente" told about.

PROUD for the public vote. 4 points distance from Cyprus, the favourite, that endend 2nd in the televoting. No one expected it. We joked about at a "0 points... Italy" before the televoting results started. We were repeating "now they call us, now they call us" until a Top 10. "We will be 9th, no, 8th... WTF? 7th, 6th.... My god, Top 5? 4th... no!" It was unreal, I almost had an heart attack.

And the ones that says it's only because we closed the show, look at 2017 (France 12th, with Bulgaria 2nd)

nudiecrudi

even if the jury vote bitters it a bit. xheart
The only word for the jurors is UNPROFESSIONAL
Do they are so disconnected with the real life? Just yesterday 25 people died in Indonesia from terrorist attacks. Or these people dying are not that important to be considered even between the lines of song? Do they feel a sense of inferiority in front of these to artists who have touched the deepest side of our souls and the only capacity they have is just to make a ranking in base of what would be the most circus style performance worthy to win the contest?
I think is like this otherwise there isn't another explanation. Or these people are UNABLE to judge a song.
If a song is made of three components, which one didn't like them? Lyrics?????? Music???? Performance ????
Very curios to ask this question to one of them

As ''Non mi avete fatto niente'' are among my favorites, I was not sure how this complex piece of Italianness would end up. The song itself is really good, but the mountain of text layered atop of the live performance was maybe little too much to ask for. Being in fifth place with a lesser kind of Il Volo-results is great enough for me, but I believe the juries underrated this way too much. Like if EBU has somthing against RAI. Even if the juries regularly rate Italy pretty highly, but even with the most juryfriendly entires (Besides ''Madness of Love'') Italy would have won with Il Volo that year even if Heroes still won the juryvote.

sucof

As ''Non mi avete fatto niente'' are among my favorites, I was not sure how this complex piece of Italianness would end up. The song itself is really good, but the mountain of text layered atop of the live performance was maybe little too much to ask for. Being in fifth place with a lesser kind of Il Volo-results is great enough for me, but I believe the juries underrated this way too much. Like if EBU has somthing against RAI. Even if the juries regularly rate Italy pretty highly, but even with the most juryfriendly entires (Besides ''Madness of Love'') Italy would have won with Il Volo that year even if Heroes still won the juryvote.

Maybe you did not understand that the vote of the juries is used and maintained in recent years for political use, has nothing to do anything against the RAI or Italy.
If the order comes from above that a certain country must win the juries do it!
stop

Maybe you did not understand that the vote of the juries is used and maintained in recent years for political use, has nothing to do anything against the RAI or Italy.
If the order comes from above that a certain country must win the juries do it!
stop

Yes, the jury votes are indeed political and that's why I bring this up. Sweden made it to the juries top 3 unfairly almost every year with inferior entries songwise could mean the juries do prefer safer stuff. Even if Italy nailed the staging, the juries would not give them justice. Italy won the juryvote 2011 because maybe Italy's comeback was a novelty for them...

musicfan

I thought Italy did pretty well with the jury vote normally because of the reputation of Sanremo.

lolita

1211682.jpg

Separated at birth, Ermal Meta and LP. :)

Odalis

The only word for the jurors is UNPROFESSIONAL
Do they are so disconnected with the real life? Just yesterday 25 people died in Indonesia from terrorist attacks. Or these people dying are not that important to be considered even between the lines of song?

Unprofessional? Very funny.
Doctors don't cry hysterically over every single patient with a deadly desease nor do they spend days next to their beds listening to sad-sad stories of their lives.
Because they're professionals.
There's nothing to get excited about an italian song for a true professional, it's mediocre cliche italian music we've heard a lot since forever, plus the bearded guy wheezed a good chunk of the song in a severe asthma attack.
Music? Nope.
Vocals? Nope.
Artists? Meh.
Staging? Nah.
Lyrics is the only thing we got left and it's so not enough, period.
They should be very-very happy to end up that high with the juries, could have been 23d or something and rightfully so.

Mainshow

Veteran
12 pts - Juries robbed them. I agree with nudiecrudi.. this year, the juries were really questionable in many choices.

mup

I never thought this song would have been so appreciated to the point of gathering almost the same points as the second most voted song! Perhaps the staging helped it and many people appreciated the effort of translating the message into their languages... Probably the juries thought the song lyrics sounded forced. The singers didn't meet the same amount of interest in them after the show, compared to other Italian participants, which I think happened because Meta and Moro are very oriented towards a certain Italian market in terms of content and style.

Top Bottom