9 2.2%

9 2.2%

4 1.0%

20 4.9%

43 10.6%

• Total voters

greece

It may lasted forever but at least I watched xcheer

But the moment when their team scores the 3rd goal and Ignazio lifted that guy like he weights nothing :lol: And Piero seriously loves his glasses he always wears them.

Bradamante

In the short interview released during the match, Piero was asked about the glasses and he said he had 3 more spare glasses...

greece

Wow but I meant that usually people who wear glasses put them off when they play football or any sport by he kept them :)

Bradamante

Just before the match with the team formal uniform

212246989-511572ae-62fc-460d-96e8-2239249fb394.jpg

Bradamante

Il Volo moments in the match: during a short interview the commentator Bruno Pizzul praises Il Volo for the third place at the Eurofestival (Eurovision Song Contest old name in Italy).

Bradamante

Il Volo tonight will perform Grande Amore at the Wind Music Awards in the Arena of Verona. During the show Il Volo will be awarded for the double platinum record earned. To the show will take part also two past Eurovision Italian entries, Marco Mengoni and Emma, who will be awarded as well. The show will be aired by RAI 1 at 20:30, via streaming on rai.tv diretta rai uno http://www.rai.tv/dl/RaiTV/dirette/...0f7-4b53-9d21-b14693850195.html?channel=Rai 1

Il Volo sound check

image.jpg1_zpstaevezq0.jpg

tuorem

Time for me to review the Italian entry this year :D

Il Volo - Grande Amore

Song: I wasn't fond of the song that much from the very beginning, because I watched the Sanremo festival live and I felt like some songs were better than this to me: Chiara's Straordinario, Nek's Fatti Avanti Amore and Irene Grandi's Un Vento Senza Nome. However, I wasn't mad at them for winning because, even though it sounds like a cliché Italian song, it was still one of the strongest and perhaps the wisest choice for Eurovision because its appeal was instant. So even though I didn't like it that much, I thought this would finally end in my top10 because it would be one of the best songs of this year. BUT the cut made to the song has ruined its chances to do so :( I still think they should have kept a short part of the second verse and totally scrap the pre-chorus because I felt like it was basically two choruses one after the other, which reduced the strength of the song imo. So now, it's out of my top 10 because of that. Otherwise, good composition, very dramatic, kinda over-the-top but it's ok considering the whole package.

Voice: Well, nothing to say about Il Volo's operatic voices. As expected, their vocals were neat and strong. Performance-Wise, they seemed a little bit stiff, but nothing wrong. :)

Staging: The staging looked like the one they had in Sanremo, that is over-the-top visuals that matched the song. It was kinda dark but it was ok I guess. Not much happening on stage but they didn't need extra cheesiness. :D

Outcome: To me, it was a tough one to predict. They were definitely top 10 but it's nice to see they achieved a top 3 thanks to the televote that ranked them first. Would have been a much deserved winner considering who was at the top. Too bad the juries didn't like it as much. Good job Italy, I liked "L'ammore è femmina" and "La mia citta" more than "Grande Amore" but you didn't steal your place. ;) Wish you good luck for next year.

Bradamante

What is Il Volo doing? At the Wind Music Awards 2015 held at the Arena of Verona they received the award for reaching the double platinum record, and received also a special prize Premio PMI – given by the Associazione dei Produttori Musicali Indipendenti Italiani as “Ambassadors of the Italian Music in the World” because of “the high contribution to the enhancement of the Italian music culture in the world”.

Then yesterday started the tour beginning from Locarno in Switzerland.

CHV0rqmXAAAS58-.jpg

A bit of Ignazio' solo

A bit of Piero's solo
https://instagram.com/p/32YcuMkPQZ/

A bit of Gianluca's solo

And tonight they are in Assisi performing with other Italian singers at the charity concert "Con il cuore nel nome di Francesco" (with the heart in the name of Francis) from the basilica of Assisi. Live from Assisi at 20:35 http://www.rai.tv/dl/RaiTV/dirette/...0f7-4b53-9d21-b14693850195.html?channel=Rai 1

greece

BTW it's Piero's birthday today he is turning 22 xbirthday

They brought him a cake on air(?)
CIRKepaWoAAHIDd.jpg

Anyway happy 22 xcheer

GWTW1939

For anybody in the U.S. who lives in Detroit they got a new PBS special airing on July 6th in the ancient ruins of Pompeii. Apparently their going to be in Detroit on Monday too at the PBS studios :cool:

Unfortunately the rest of the county most likely won't be able to see it until sometime in August :(

greece

They sound so amazing and in Spanish especially Ignazio. The song is a bit weird in other language but still amazing xmusic

Bradamante

Il Volo begins to get to Europe: on July 31st they will sing in the Principality of Monaco, and on August 29 and 30 (date of 30 to be confirmed) in Malta.
By now, they carry on with the amazing Italian tour.
From the concert in Trieste, duet Ginoble/Barone.

Duet Boschetto/Barone

From the concert in Rome, duet Ginoble/Boschetto.

Verjamem

It is still so unfair that this song didn't win because of the juries.
Actually, I would rather say it's unfair that juries are giving their points during rehearsal (instead of main contest), but you're right too.

GWTW1939

Actually, I would rather say it's unfair that juries are giving their points during rehearsal (instead of main contest), but you're right too.

It would be rather interesting to see them vote on the spot during the live show as televoters do. I'm not sure how huge of a difference it would make but I'm sure there is a difference for performers knowing that their also performing for millions around the globe instead of just hardcore stans in the hall. I'm sure their mindset would change quite a bit which would change the performance as well xthink

I believe this year during the 2nd semi they imported lots of school kids to be in the audience during the jury rehearsal, which surprise surpise was Sweden's semi :rolleyes:. Something that they do at MF as well, which surprise surprise is also a form of manipulation :rolleyes:. I remember that being specifically mentioned for the 2nd but I don't recall it during the 1st semi. I don't think that can be done during the live shows so that's one less thing they can manipulate ;)

CPV4931

[...]
I believe this year during the 2nd semi they imported lots of school kids to be in the audience during the jury rehearsal, which surprise surpise was Sweden's semi :rolleyes:. Something that they do at MF as well, which surprise surprise is also a form of manipulation :rolleyes:. I remember that being specifically mentioned for the 2nd but I don't recall it during the 1st semi. I don't think that can be done during the live shows so that's one less thing they can manipulate ;)

I don´t wanna destroy your argument, but as far as I remember and it was reported, the school children were invited for the first dress rehearsal of the Second Semi, which wasn´t important for the Jury voting

"Zu der heutigen ersten Generalprobe des zweiten Halbfinals hatte der ORF 8.000 (!) Kinder und Jugendliche aus ganz Österreich eingeladen."/"For today´s first dress rehearsal of the second Semi Final, the ORF invited 8.000 (!) children from all over Austria".
(http://ogae.de/esc/2015/forumwien.php?offset=1)

Top Bottom