Italy-flag.gif

3f9a0122.png

Performed by: Raphael Gualazzi
Lyrics by: Raphael Gualazzi
Composed by: Raphael Gualazzi
Language: Italian, English

Sim

Re: ITALIA - Italy 2011

I think it would be great if Italia came back.
It would support countries like Andorra,Liechtenstein,Austria and San Marino to come back;)

Isabella

So sad that Italy isn't participating on ESC. I would be so happy to see Italy again. Maybe Laura Pausini :D and the song should be in Italian, such a beautiful language.

AlekS

Veteran

EBU has already had negotiations with RAI last year so I dunno... There was ESC-themed show which lasted for a month or so, I don't remember, in 2008.
Who knows.

ParadiseES

AlekS said:
EBU has already had negotiations with RAI last year so I dunno... There was ESC-themed show which lasted for a month or so, I don't remember, in 2008.
Who knows.

Not an ESC-themed show. Raffaela Carrá (singer and host of Spanish NF 2008) had a show on RAI (I don't know if it's still now) where she brought some ESC singers. I think they were Dima Bilan and Ani Lorak, but not sure.
It looked like a try to get the attention of the Italian audience, who thinks ESC finished when they left and show them it's a succesful contest now (unlike when they left)

Raul_Spain

I don't think they even know Italy were in it before. ESC was never popular there. We should blame RAI for that and their stupid aim (hopelessly) to promote San Remo outside Italy, the main reason imo for not taking part. :x

I've watched some San Remo finals and I've found it xpuke The songs are good but the rest is xrofl3
And when RAI plays the Te Deum before the show starts I think WTF :shock: LOL San Marino should be watching this too :lol:

AlekS

Veteran

ParadiseES said:
Not an ESC-themed show. Raffaela Carrá (singer and host of Spanish NF 2008) had a show on RAI (I don't know if it's still now) where she brought some ESC singers. I think they were Dima Bilan and Ani Lorak, but not sure.
which means ESC-themed show? :roll: :lol: Where exactly have you seen that I said that the whole show was ESC-themed?

from eurovision.tv: "According to various sources, participants from Latvia, Israel and Greece are, amongst others, on the nomination to be invited to Rome! "
There were near 15 performers, I remember I've been reading about that somewhere, back then.

When they left they've already won in 1990 and they finished in the top-5 in 1992, they came back in 1997 and finished in the top-5 again :lol: so I don't think that 3 top-5 positions (incl. 1 victory) within 5 editions can be considered unsuccessful ... or RAI has too high expectations, imo :lol:
RAI should stop flirting with EBU and ESC department, having negotiations in 2009 and 2010 and finally join ESC 2011, gawd dammed :lol: :cool:

btw, San Remo had the worst ratings of the decade last year so imo it's time for RAI to drag their ass and do something, it will be good for both contests.

ParadiseES

^
I didn't mean Italy's success in ESC. I meant the contest itself. We can't deny the 90's were the worst time for ESC in terms of success and ratings. It was almost dead until Dana's arrival in 1998 (when Italy was already gone) ;)

94ayd

Well, I've no idea cause I was born in 1994. :lol: At least the 90s are my favourite decade until now (it's hard to decide but is seems as if this one is the most close to me, after all, as mentioned I was born in 1994).

AlekS

Veteran

If I remember correctly ESC ratings in Italy were still high then.
Unofficial reason from officials (if that makes sense) - RAI wanted to promote San Remo.
It didn't help though as we can see now :lol:

KilledByShoes

I don't think it's very likely that Italy will return (although I'd love to see them take part!) because as you've already said RAI is not bothered to join in again. I don't get it, though, why can't you have both San Remo and ESC? And even if they wouldn't win every year ( :lol: ) they would probably still get lots of viwers and make money with comercals etc.

ParadiseES

Stockselius said today at the press conference that he doesn't think RAI is willing to return, but they are closer every year.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

Well, even if they get Italy to return next year or in the near future I believe they would withdraw shortly after again unless they win....I mean they ended up in 4th place in 1997 and still withdrew.

AlekS

Veteran

Matt said:
Well, even if they get Italy to return next year or in the near future I believe they would withdraw shortly after again unless they win....I mean they ended up in 4th place in 1997 and still withdrew.

on the other hand there are new RAI officials since then :)

Top Bottom