Contact us

Israel ISRAEL 2022 - Michael Ben David - I.M.

How do you rate the entry?

16 8.2%

4 2.0%

15 7.7%

10 5.1%

17 8.7%

24 12.2%

16 8.2%

19 9.7%

17 8.7%

21 10.7%

37 18.9%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator

flag-800.png

Baby
Sometimes love can bring you down
But, honey
Keep your head up
Keep your head up
Keep your head up
Remember who you are

You can call me crazy
Or just call my name
You can say that I'm stunning
It's not a shame
'Cause I know I am
I know I am, hah
'Cause I know I am
I know I am
I like this attitude
I like the game
You can say that I'm brave
I'm never the same
'Cause I know I am (I know I am)
I know I am (I know I am)
'Cause I know I am (I know I am)
Hah, I know I am

Baby, come with me, follow me
Tell me if we can take it to the floor
(Oh-ooh, oh-ooh, oh-ooh, oh-ooh)
I'm the fire, the power
And if you're asking
I was gonna take it all (All, all)

You know I am
You know I am
'Cause I na-na-na know I am, am
And no one brings me down
I'm gonna take the crown
Give it to me now

I'm shameless and I'm spotless and I'm flawless
Always take it up 'cause I'm a winner, I don't want less
Going for the things I should and maybe I'm ferocious
Making you the one I want and I'm not even topless (Be cautious)
It's going down for real
Twenty twenty-two, let's seal the deal
(Middle East) Is the new sex appeal
Bam, bam, this is how it feel

Baby, come with me, follow me
Tell me if we can take it to the floor
(Oh-ooh, oh-ooh, oh-ooh, oh-ooh)
Ooh, I'm the fire, the power
And if you're asking
I was gonna take it all (All, all, all)

You know I am
You know I am
'Cause I na-na-na know I am, am
And no one brings me down
I'm gonna take the crown
Give it to me now

Baby
Sometimes life can bring you down
But I'll remember
To always keep my head up
'Cause no one brings me down
I'm gonna take the crown
Give it to me now​

Last edited by a moderator:

Grinch

Yes ? I don't know I thought he was funny. Those hosts were saying for the 96847th time dull things all over again with those crappy stabilo outfits and there was a contestant making fun of them, I was laughing so much and at my live party (at home) nobody was bothered by him, like we laughed and that's it. Actually Monika Liu was mimicking in the back during SF1 and I thought she was hilarous too (it's not the same as being in front of the camera as he did but you got it)
Literally same! The hosts parts are always same, cliche, boring and meaningless. Does anyone actually watch those parts and find it interesting? I don't think so. MBD was the only interesting part of the talks. It's a song contest, lighten up!

lacrymea

Literally same! The hosts parts are always same, cliche, boring and meaningless. Does anyone actually watch those parts and find it interesting? I don't think so. MBD was the only interesting part of the talks. It's a song contest, lighten up!
The hosts have to do that in order for the more complicated stagings to be ready... I think that's pretty obvious.

Imagine everyone decided to act like that? Oh, they're just talking. Let me do my gimmicks in front of the camera because I'm special.

Grinch

The hosts have to do that in order for the more complicated stagings to be ready... I think that's pretty obvious.

Imagine everyone decided to act like that? Oh, they're just talking. Let me do my gimmicks in front of the camera because I'm special.
Yes, we all know the point of hosts part. And what he did was simply entertaining the crowd for a little bit. It was already in the "waiting for the stage to be ready" part. Not that he jumped on the stage during a performance!

Some people might find it annoying, sure but does it worth for disqualifying him? Cornelia did something more annoying. Will they DQ Sweden too? Ofc not :)

Are you telling me Hatari had not been disqualified in Israel for all they had done, but MBS has been in Torino for kissing Italian hosts in the cheek while in Green Room????? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Now I admmit I'm old, I can't keep pace with these new standards of decency and correctness 🤣.

lacrymea

Yes, we all know the point of hosts part. And what he did was simply entertaining the crowd for a little bit. It was already in the "waiting for the stage to be ready" part. Not that he jumped on the stage during a performance!

Some people might find it annoying, sure but does it worth for disqualifying him? Cornelia did something more annoying. Will they DQ Sweden too? Ofc not :)
No, I don't think he should be disqualified. Apparently, the hosts weren't offended by it. I just found it annoying, like you said.

EscGeek

Veteran
I didn't even register that something was off while watching :lol:

I hope he didn't get disqualified, but if he did. then the standards of political correctness are too damn high. I'd let him kiss me to un-
disqualify him ffs. xrollinglol
He was just a little drunk.. like Cornelia at the press conference. Cracking jokes at this behavior is okay, but we shouldn't hold it against them.

Milos-BC

Everything about it was annoying + the song itself is bad.

Next year, I hope for a strong ballad from :il: and the result will come!

Hatari2600

I didn't even register that something was off while watching :lol:

I hope he didn't get disqualified, but if he did. then the standards of political correctness are too damn high. I'd let him kiss me to un-
disqualify him ffs. xrollinglol
He was just a little drunk.. like Cornelia at the press conference. Cracking jokes at this behavior is okay, but we shouldn't hold it against them.
Personally I think the primary issue is that he is interfering with the show and hindering the hosts from doing their job. Though his terrible behaviour and disrespect he showed over the whole season doesn't help either. Imagine the uproar if someone from the crowd did that? Of course it'd be more serious as it's a breach of the arena security so I'm not saying it is the same thing, but I'm pretty sure no one would claim being a little drunk to be a valid excuse in that situation. :rolleyes:

LakZaNokte

Didn’t really enjoy this one.
The song is forgetable and the performance was agressive and non-enjoyable.

PolarFoxxie.

Apparently Israel did qualify for final, but was disqualified by Italian television because he kissed a host in the cheek. Yet, Cornelia can thrust herself onto the penis of a host on semifinal 2 Press conference. Gotta love Eurovision EBU double standards. Ebu even begged Belarus to return with different lyrics and have prolonged the date for them. EBU still silent and still no official statement from them. Disgusting!

Last edited:

hpp0

Apparently Israel did qualify for final, but was disqualified by Italian television because he kissed a host in the cheek. Yet, Cornelia can thrust herself onto the penis of a host on semifinal 2 Press conference. Gotta love Eurovision EBU double standards. Ebu even begged Belarus to return with different lyrics and have prolonged the date for them. EBU still silent and still no official statement from them. Disgusting!

Israel never got disqualified. From what I read in some comments, a wrong word was used during an interview with the hosts to say that it didn't qualify and the media misinterpreted it. And moreover there is no way they would disqualify an entry for something like that.

grazy2266

No I think that's just gossip, Israel did not qualify you will see that later when the results are issued.

musicfan

Obviously not disqualified.

The song was actually ok, I had it deserving to qualify.

Deleted member 12761

I don't think they can just disqualify someone because of something like this. I didn't like the song and I'm not surprised they didn't make it.

VikingTiger

The first time I saw MBD performing his song I really disliked it. But I came to like it - a lot! It was improved by the revamp. I did not think he would qualify even though I would like to see him through.
But the way he acted later that night was just awkward and disrespectful. And he just kept on hanging there interfering with the presenters... NOT cool! :cautious:

Top Bottom