Contact us

Israel ISRAEL 2022 - Michael Ben David - I.M.

How do you rate the entry?

16 8.2%

4 2.0%

15 7.7%

10 5.1%

17 8.7%

24 12.2%

16 8.2%

19 9.7%

17 8.7%

21 10.7%

37 18.9%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator

flag-800.png

Baby
Sometimes love can bring you down
But, honey
Keep your head up
Keep your head up
Keep your head up
Remember who you are

You can call me crazy
Or just call my name
You can say that I'm stunning
It's not a shame
'Cause I know I am
I know I am, hah
'Cause I know I am
I know I am
I like this attitude
I like the game
You can say that I'm brave
I'm never the same
'Cause I know I am (I know I am)
I know I am (I know I am)
'Cause I know I am (I know I am)
Hah, I know I am

Baby, come with me, follow me
Tell me if we can take it to the floor
(Oh-ooh, oh-ooh, oh-ooh, oh-ooh)
I'm the fire, the power
And if you're asking
I was gonna take it all (All, all)

You know I am
You know I am
'Cause I na-na-na know I am, am
And no one brings me down
I'm gonna take the crown
Give it to me now

I'm shameless and I'm spotless and I'm flawless
Always take it up 'cause I'm a winner, I don't want less
Going for the things I should and maybe I'm ferocious
Making you the one I want and I'm not even topless (Be cautious)
It's going down for real
Twenty twenty-two, let's seal the deal
(Middle East) Is the new sex appeal
Bam, bam, this is how it feel

Baby, come with me, follow me
Tell me if we can take it to the floor
(Oh-ooh, oh-ooh, oh-ooh, oh-ooh)
Ooh, I'm the fire, the power
And if you're asking
I was gonna take it all (All, all, all)

You know I am
You know I am
'Cause I na-na-na know I am, am
And no one brings me down
I'm gonna take the crown
Give it to me now

Baby
Sometimes life can bring you down
But I'll remember
To always keep my head up
'Cause no one brings me down
I'm gonna take the crown
Give it to me now​

Last edited by a moderator:

crashworld

Veteran
Taken from Michael's Instagram Story 2 weeks ago.

Not sure if this is one of the outfits they are considering for the ESC performance. And Michael is performing the routine he did in Israel Calling in the clip.

crashworld

Veteran
No more withdraw finally ?

As of now, it's unknown. They are still listed to perform but the broadcaster is saying they won't be going. So we won't know until the rehearsals start. I am inclined they are still very likely to be participating (in order not to face a fine for having to withdraw so late into the contest), but the question now is whether it's via Live-On-Tape or on the actual ESC big stage.

crashworld

Veteran
Now that I have listened to the iTunes version of the song from the official ESC album, clearly the version on Spotify has quality issues. I wonder how we can get them to fix it?

crashworld

Veteran
Some IG updates from Michael recently:

NG04Zwd.jpg

HR49z0W.jpg

Here is an interview he did with Euromix Israel:

From what I can gather via the Google translate of the written article:
  • He is still unaware whether he is able to fly to Turin for the competition.
  • If he is unable to go to Turin, most likely the live-on-tape performance will be used, which he prefers not to. But he admits that he has no control over the situation and the decision.
  • The team came up with the concept for the live-on-tape performance in less than 2 days before they record it.
  • His outfit will be classy and meticulous (?).
  • He worked with Marvin through Zoom calls and Marvin did fly to Israel for the staging planning. He said he trust Marvin and also described Marvin as "handsome" and he stutters when Marvin speaks to him.
  • The actual ESC performance will have alot of camera work mostly. But he doesn't know how the entire staging will turn out as there are ideas/concepts shared and he will only know how they look like when they are put in practise (I would presume he meant during the actual ESC rehearsals where all the camera work will be done).
  • His favourites (artists & song) from this years contest - Lithuania (he described Monika as sweet), Romania (said it's a song you celebrate to at a summer party) and Poland (?*) (he said the singer's voice resembles to his own operatic-type of voice and he has a beautiful voice with blue eyes).
*Not sure if he is referring to Ochman because he doesn't have blue eyes though but the only contestant in this year's contest with an operatic voice.

I am glad that Michael is taking things in his stride and accept that alot of things that have happened were not within his control or his doing. I like that he is grounded and being realistic. Hopefully, everything will work out for him eventually.

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
I'm glad he's very realistic, transparent and honest about everything (levelling critism at the live-on-tape performance, knowing his "chances") whilst maintaining his authentic and genuine character as well as his spirit.
He's a great entrant and I truly wish him all the best and that he will be able to fly the Israeli flag in Turin.

crashworld

Veteran
It's quite interesting to see how "I.M" stands in these pre-contest shows/polls. It's doing atrociously bad with the ESC community-led polls, but when it comes to "jury" panel-led shows, it's actually doing quite decently. It comes in no. 3 in a field of 9 (for the Icelandic show), comes in at no. 5 (with a higher score in the jury panel score than the public vote) in the field of 10 (for the German show) and scoring quite a few points here and there in the Eurojury.

I am starting to wonder if this song actually has more jury appeal than televote appeal.

crashworld

Veteran
Marvin Dietman and the dance choreographer are in Israel helping Michael with the rehearsals as shown in Michael's IG stories yesterday. I am very much inclined to believe Israel will be in Turin for the competition. I can't see them putting in so much effort now and not have Michael & the delegation to be in Turin in a less than a week for the rehearsals.

crashworld

Veteran
Israeli delegation will be in Turin.

Pretty much expected considering how much Michael and his team are in practice for the past week. I mean they even flown in Marvin Dietmann and the choreographer of the routine to Israel for the practice. If they are not going, I can't see why they would even bother doing that.

Hopefully Marvin Dietmann and the choreographer will really give Michael a stage show he deserves. Israel really has to do whatever it takes to up its chances.

Actually, now that there are so many complaints about the revamp (to be honest, I really don't understand the hate for the revamp), I wonder if they will present another version of the song for the actual competition like what France 2019 and Spain 2021 did.

Where did you read this??

I believe Euromix Israel (which is a Israeli ESC fansite who has close connections to the delegation) posted an IG story update earlier on that Michael and the Israeli delegation managed to get the security support from GSS to fly to Turin.

Edit: Eurovoix and local news media have reported the confirmation of Israeli's delegation flying to Turin.

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
I didn´t know that Eurovoix was an Israeli fanpage! Their work is amazing!

Great to read that Michael Ben David has the opportunity to travel to Turin!

Top Bottom