9 2.9%

6 1.9%

10 3.2%

61 19.5%

• Total voters

AlekS

Veteran
Re: ISRAEL 2018

I can understand why the judges did not like Mor Karbasi, she sang good but too much vibrations in her voice, a little over vibrating in her voice. If she worked on it, she would be the winner or at least the final
She's like a budget version of Ofra Haza. If queen Ofra worked on it.... xthink

I want them to give her Yerushalaim Shel Zahav to see if she won't butcher it.

ApEsc

But Ofra Haza, there were other things in her poetry. She had a steady vocal range. She did not always use vibrations. She could curl her voice, like Sarit Hadad. In Mor's poetry, every second is a vibration. You can reduce it, let it hear its vocal range. And whether she would control her range well. She would be much better than she was now. She was good at her audition, but if she continued to sing like that, she would start to bore. At least me.

Sammy

Veteran

Singing vibrato is a skill not all singers are able to perform. Are we really discussion that she's too skillful in her singing technique? Besides, she did prove that she was vocally strong with a high range.

For the jury to praise someone who is overloading her voice with technical gimmicks and is barely singing and to vote someone down because of ONE single issue that is more a matter of personal taste than objective judging of someones performative skills is quite strange....

AlekS

Veteran

:!: 20:00 CET.
The Next Star for Eurovision 2018. Ep #2.

Starting from now the episodes will be aired on Tuesdays.

ApEsc

well, after we heard a singer who mentions Ofra Haza, we got another , we got Nadav Guedj 2

AlekS

Veteran

lol, I've already predicted Assaf's reaction to this one. She's too young. But I like her, she can try one more time in a few years.

ApEsc

* This message was published before the audition * Chen Aharoni is also marked as a great favorite to win or at least reach the final. . He participated in the fifth season of the Israeli version of American Idol. Who, by the way, was Boaz Mauda. Chen did not qualify for the final, but was considered a good contender for the show and tried his luck at the British X Factor but did not succeed too much there.

AlekS

Veteran

Less hot than Imri (well, maybe equally - both are not my type), more talented but not jaw-dropping. I liked the ending but overall I wasn't impressed. I hope there's someone better than him.

ApEsc

Yes, that's all for today. The episode today was less than 30 minutes. The next episode will be full episode. This is the last channel of the current channel. And he moves to a new channel in two hours.

Sammy

Veteran

I missed yesterday's edition, but when I read, that Chen Aharoni was in, i literally jumped up in the air! Great news! I absolutely loved "Or" back then and I still think he would have deserved to win Kadam that year.
Just saw the clip of his performance and what can I say - very well deserved! He'a vocally incredibly strong, he has a lot of stage presence, can connect to the audience... and he's cute. xlove

Yoni

Chen would mean getting stuck with the same formula as before, meh.
He almost always missed the mark with his own songs (including that below average Kdam 2011 entry) so I'm really hoping for someone refreshing to be picked.

ApEsc

Note that today there is a new episode of the next Eurovision star.
According to what I see, this is a full episode, not just two or three auditions, an hour and a quarter of a chapter

ApEsc

So how about the last chapter? What do you think of Rinat Bar and the guy from Colombia?

AlekS

Veteran

I met my parents for a family dinner yesterday so for the first time in 2 years I didn't watch the show live. Thankfully Mako archives everything xbow

Colombian Despacito.... not happy with a song choice. Now I'm gonna remember that performance no matter what he performs :? Though it's almost impossile to flop harder than Manel :lol:

Rinat ... Şımarık, she used my boo's xheart song :eek: (I met Tarkan here and we had a great chat etc.) I hate this song :lol: but I have no doubts that she will shine with another song. Imho she will be more comfortable with a ballad.

I was disappointed by Keren... esp by her Eurovision remarks and then using the same argument in defence of a guy who was much worse. On the other hand there were jurors who didn't support her... Surprisingly Harel was my most fave judge yesterday.
There weren't any major f--k ups but nobody really stood out for me. Though almost everyone was a good performer and I'm definitely gonna wait what happens next and if they perform better in the next stages.

Mor & Jonathan are my faves still.

Top Bottom