Contact us

ISIS could attack the 2016 Eurovision Song Contest

Chorizo

I think the venue will be safe because they will have tight controls and a perimeter to protect the surroundings. Walking around with a group of fans somewhere in the city is the bigger risk because the police can't be everywhere.

DanielLuis

I think the venue will be safe because they will have tight controls and a perimeter to protect the surroundings. Walking around with a group of fans somewhere in the city is the bigger risk because the police can't be everywhere.

Yes this is true. If they try to do something it probably won't be in the venue itself because the security will be strong. The danger will be in the crowded places of Stockholm. But hopefully nothing will happen xpray

CaraMia

Eurovision already had some security measures in 2010, right? But they couldn't even stop Jimmy Jump. I would say that if terrorists want to attack ESC, there won't be enough security measures to stop them. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but if they are planning something they will eventually manage to concretize it.

DanielLuis

Eurovision already had some security measures in 2010, right? But they couldn't even stop Jimmy Jump. I would say that if terrorists want to attack ESC, there won't be enough security measures to stop them. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but if they are planning something they will eventually manage to concretize it.

For obvious reasons the security measure are bigger and better now than they were in 2010.

Terence

I hate living in 2016... where is Dina Garipova when you need her to sing?????

Nikkita

After what sadly happened in France, Belgium and Turkey, higher security measures in any venue in Europe should be taken. No place, no city is totally safe anymore.

WhoKnows

Who knew Russia's peace songs were so effective. First non-peace song in years and we have terrorism threats.

anto475

I pretty much figured that any event after the Paris attacks last year is at risk of a Daesh attack??? This thread is nothing but scaremongering.

alca

This was the reason I wanted to stay away from Stockholm during ESC. I've been thinking about a possible attack since the beginning of the year. If you think about it, Eurovision is the perfect target! Thousands of visitors, a program watched by MILLIONS of viewers in the world and a huge LGBT community. Plus it takes place in Sweden.

Globen and Euroclub are definitely the safest places to be. The security is very high and easily controlled there. Eurovillage on the other hand is very very dangerous. Open air, unlimited access and from what I've been told, not so much police there. I'd definitely feel safer with some dogs around ready to detect any explosive substance.

As I said, I was planning of staying as far away as possible from Stockholm but DAMN IT the weather is beautiful, my social media feeds are FULL of people enjoying a very beautiful Stockholm in May and I'm so jealous! Plus, Helena Paparizou will be performing on Wednesday at the Eurovillage and I haven't seen our girl since November 2014 so screw this! I'm entering the Eurovision bubble and if they want to attack then we die! I'm also going on Friday (the 13th?!?1 xscared) coz I wanna see Dana "Icon" International and the 3 ladies that made me adore this contest: Afro-Dite! xlove

GermanBango

Jesus, how can a single person have such an appalling character ... it's not funny at all

Hunter

I mean this is too much. I have a feeling Globen has taken measures regarding this.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Well...we all survived.

Top Bottom