Contact us

Is it time to remove Juries?

blein

Eurovision.tv is filled with hundreds negative comments...... people remember 2011 , 2015 and now 2016.
Today politics won. Twice in row jury favorite won

blein

Australia was the jury favorite.

And thats weird, that they clearly can calculate how to prevent some countries from winning. And they show how they love Australia and Hate Russia

angry

I feel so releaved Australia did not win because of the jury

blein

Stiven

Absolutely no, they did their job and prevented a winner from the 2004-2008 quality.

popavapeur

I think that the juries did a pretty good job (but Belarus, really ? and some others I already forgot).
They rewarded the best song vocal-wise, technical-wise and it was Australia for me.
Now Europe voted with his guts and they choose Russia and Ukraine second, to see the second favorite winning is not that bad for me. Last year was more problematic imo.

GermanBango

Well, the juries did their job!
I have to say that their power should be reduced (down to 30% or so)

Bench

Why would they need to go?

Just one example that doesnt need further explanation: Poland.

Eurovision needs juries.

blein

Just watch at split results
:ru: televoters gave :ua: :10: | 0 by juries
:ua: televoters gave :ru: :12: | 0 by juries

Jacketh

Televoting is normally more "political" (I hate that phrase: often it is people at home voting for a sound/song they've already been exposed to) than the Juries.

I like the Juries.

Alaska49

i mean this year was such a clusterfuck anyway

what even WAS the televote result with poland in third lol

ag89

No, juries are fine, but still they have too much power.

30% for 5 people sitting there would be ok, and 70% for millions who vote.

Brandt

Even if the juries will stay, at least make the presentation televote centered. Let us see how public voted, and how juries changed them.

Andalublue

Eurovision.tv is filled with hundreds negative comments...... people remember 2011 , 2015 and now 2016.
Today politics won. Twice in row jury favorite won

No, it's time to remove televoting. Eurovision was much more credible and much less corrupted by diaspora voting, bloc voting and pathetic nationalism when it was decided entirely by national juries.

The fact that a lot of bad losers are posting on Eurovision.tv really doesn't mean very much, now does it?

GWTW1939

The new voting reveal completely exposed how rigged and political they are. Gives "credibility to ESC" my a** :lol:

Do you think the EBU intended for that to happen? :mrgreen:

They don't need to be eliminated but their power needs to be cut down way more

Alaska49

juries were still a lot less political than last year. why? because they knew they didn't have the same power, that's why. and obviously ebu knew they would be exposed, what they hoped with this was to hide neighbour/diaspora voting in the televote (and it failed because poland got 222 points lmao. not that i think you can get all of that only with diaspora points, but still)

also everyone knew (or should have known) from day one that a) russia was the probable televote winner and b) it would not do as well with the juries, to the point where it could have lost. and it happened! and since they didn't have the power to mark sergey down like they did with il volo, it sits better with me

Top Bottom