19 12.4%

17 11.1%

12 7.8%

8 5.2%

18 11.8%

• Total voters

randajad

Veteran
Tbh I was shocked only because I've read so many times how bland and bad this was, but looking back my first reaction had been very positive. I still like both audio and live performance. xshrug

popavapeur

This is a question I have. How come the press following the rehearsals didn't hype up Ireland and especially Lithuania more after watching the full thing on TV countless times.

What's in bold is my answer. We hear/listen/watch the songs so many times that we loose what's unique. And we meet the songs with only a video at the beginning so we all have the feeling of our first listen while viewers meet the song on the SF/Final and they don't have in mind what we all have.

ag89

This is a question I have. How come the press following the rehearsals didn't hype up Ireland and especially Lithuania more after watching the full thing on TV countless times. The moment the Lithuanian performance happened it was obvious she was a 100% qualifier and even possibly a winner of the semi-final (or at least top 3), yet the press following the rehearsals never hyped her up at all.

Eurovision press and Eurovision fans are a very strange group of people, if you ask me. They are not able to observe and judge songs from an average viewer at home perspective. Also, every year, before rehearsals, they always come with 5-6 songs they push sooo much forward which actually affects betting odds, newspaper articles an so on. Based on that people then assume "Oh this will fail" or "Oh this will do well", while in reality that's not the thing. But in reality, this group of people is actually a tiny segment (of 200 million that watch) so no surprises when so many Euro fans songs fail.

Also, I really have to add again here (although people will think I am annoying already), the reason why Ireland qualified is not a cute staging (actually, we shouldn't forget many people will find two guys flirting and dancing on stage off putting, that's the fact) although it helped. The reason is THE SONG, it's a beautiful calm sad song. People get it and that's it. ESC bubble doesn't get it, but hey, it's not the first or last time the bubble gets shocked.

megzpegz

I really hope Ireland do get top 10 us the UK are finising bottom tomorrow night so at least Ireland doing well will make me happy.

megzpegz

I am voting for Ireland as well as the Czech republic tomorrow night, I really want to see Ireland do well.

mauve

Veteran
Even when I find Ireland's song boring, I would like to see it rather winning than Cyprus or Israel ...

Realest

Dont know what happened, but he became my #4 starting from #43 although Im not his Targetgroup.

aef

Dont know what happened, but he became my #4 starting from #43 although Im not his Targetgroup.

Quite the same here. I also wouldn't see myself in the target group but it made its way in my top 10 with the great staging.

I really can see this getting a kind of :nl: 2014 result. Maybe not top 3 but top 10 or even top 5!

tsegaye

Probably #3 in the odds because of the late draw and because it's Ireland.

ag89

Probably #3 in the odds because of the late draw and because it's Ireland.

Can you explain this "and because it's Ireland"? Ireland has been irrelevant at ESC pretty much since 2014.

tsegaye

Can you explain this "and because it's Ireland"? Ireland has been irrelevant at ESC pretty much since 2014.

Hahah I was a bit vague maybe :) I mean because they have an underdog status in the competition these days.

Mii11

Hmm now that the emotions after elimination of Greece have cooled down, I kind of started liking the song 😂 It's much better than most of the ones from semi 2. I still think it shouldn't have qualified but I would rather have this being in Top 10 than Norway.

DanielLuis

So weird seeing Ireland at #3.
The song grew a lot on me on the last month, and the performance helped that even more, but it's still not among my winner picks. However it would be kinda hilarious seeing Ireland get the 8th win before Sweden gets the 7th, who would have thought! Bjorkman would be so pissed :lol:

A-lister

Veteran
LOL @ bookies currently having this at third in the odds, they should be called the "bonkers" and not bookies :lol:

Yes, the song is pretty much the only ballad in second half, having a good starting number and will stand out, but I'm not even sure it was top. 10 with the televoters during the semi, I think it was the juries that pushed it over the border, and I don't see it doing THAT good on Saturday. I mean this should do better than France? Nah...

I think the bookies are completely crazy now, they got things wrong and everything is unpredictable so they are just randomly throwing entries out there and see what sticks, but looking at it rationally this is not a top candidate.

Top Bottom