IRELAND.png

Ringdalen

Re: IRELAND 2017

Lets hope we get a comeback from Dustin the Turkey xpray
Eurovision needs another song by him :D

_44675670_turkey1.512.jpg

anto475

Oh man I hope TG4 does excellently in the JESC in November, and then RTÉ pulls a national final out of the bag with real artists with real songs, not just Niamh Kavanagh's sister and some nobodies (although I did love Playing With Numbers), or even worse, the backing singer from Westlife. Then again there's no chance of this happening, so let me be the first to welcome you all to RTÉ's Studio 4, home of the Late Late Show!!!!!
bill.jpg

Sabrewulf238

A part of me wouldn't mind not qualifying for the next six years. It seems to have done a world of good for The Netherlands overall.

Of course we could just skip all that and go straight to getting our act together next year...

ClassifiedCat

I wish we could go for Celtic Woman or Markus Feehily, it would be amazing! xheart

Cyberbliss

Ireland needs the "Wow" effect, a singer with personality. I can't remember any prominent figure in the last ten years apart from Jedward (which were original but far from successful) and please, bring something authentic, not another talentless big-smiled guy. It really hurts me :D

Sabrewulf238

I feel like we desperately need to start having more pride in our entries. The contest isn't the same kind of musical "farce" we've been treating it as over the past decade or so. It definitely seems like it's gotten more serious overall over the last couple of years. (I mean I don't think you could call any entry this year a joke entry) So from that perspective I don't think it's valid anymore to say that "serious" artists don't want to be seen alongside more silly entries.

I'd love if we had a really modern song selection process that was more involved with social media or maybe some kind of online streaming. I think our song selection process needs to really capture the attention of the Irish public and it needs to go beyond five songs appearing on the Late Late Show. It's super embarrassing that something we're being judged by the whole of Europe on (and outside even) is just tacked onto a chat show we have every week.

I wish we could send Imelda May or even though I'm not really a fan of his music, maybe Nathan Carter?

I'm also wondering how on earth we have Irish people writing qualifying songs for the Czech Republic when Ireland itself can't even qualify, we need all the help we can get song wise.

anto475

I think we need an Anouk moment where an established Irish artist from outside the RTÉ bubble steps up to the plate and goes to Ukraine with a great song and finishes in the top 15 in the final. Only then will the public here take the contest seriously and RTÉ will justify a real NF. Until then we can count on the Late Late Show or more useless DJs from 2fm being our representatives.

Ireland, where have you been past few years? :( I hope to see you back in the final next year, maybe you'll get a better NF format at least??

cripesdude

I think the 2016 Irish entry just wasn't strong enough, and Nicky's vocals were too weak... But in 2015 Ireland were completely robbed... That was a class entry sung very well... Keep trying! It'd be great to see Ireland back as a heavyweight!

aef

Not completely my taste but this band seems quite decent?

ClassifiedCat

^ Yup, they're rather well known in Ireland. I'm not sure if they would be interested though.

Sabrewulf238

^ Yup, they're rather well known in Ireland. I'm not sure if they would be interested though.

I didn't even realize they were Irish. :lol:

I've never heard that song on the radio here...

I feel like somebody needs to really start trying to woo bands and artists like this. (at least make an effort) That said I think the artists themselves should be largely in charge of writing the song. I'm not sure if RTE would be able to offer them a song they'd be interested in singing.

Maybe after we embarrass ourselves for another couple of years one of the big names will take notice and save us.

It's pretty sad that Ireland has such musical talent but you wouldn't know that at all if all you had to go on was Eurovision. (well, recent Eurovision anyway)

joancamo

Poor Ireland, they are in a sinking ship as every year they are doing worse and worse :(
If they don't wake up soon they'll loose their record of wins to Sweden as I see Sweden winning in 3 or 4 years again.

muc

Maybe we can get Róisín O to represent us.

Top Bottom