You’re saying yes when it is no, no, no, no

Ohhhh
Am I headed for a car crash?
Ohhhh
Is this about to be my next, she takes the
Ohhhh
I’m about to fall in head first
Sisters let me tell you how it works

It’s not that I don’t wanna play (play, play)
And then I didn’t look your way (way, way)
It’s not like every girl’s the same (same, same)
You gotta know just how to treat this miss
Or she will be dismissed

Heyyyyy

Here I come
Here I come
dum da dum da dum da dum

Hit and run
Hit and run
dum da dum da dum da dum

Then I’m gone
Then I’m gone
Gone, gone, gone, gone

Schlagerman1

Re: ÉIRE - Ireland 2011

Please Ireland, join the club with UK and Sweden and go for something completly modern and new in 2011! ;)

MrJadeEwen

Now Niamh's tried whats the betting Linda Martin will give it a go?? :lol:

Raul_Spain

One of the Saturdays is Irish and did back vocals to Brian Kennedy, she could try her luck.

MrJadeEwen

well thats what i thought when i heard them live of YCNY last year but i dunno maybe they can now? lol

paddyirl

Raul_Spain said:
One of the Saturdays is Irish and did back vocals to Brian Kennedy, she could try her luck.

Una was tweeting about ESC on Saturday but I don't think she would so it when she is active in The Saturdays.

BTW Una and Vanessa are great singers. They can both sing live, Una won a regional Irish song festival.

I can't think of a single Irish act that could do it. Most big Irish acts are indie bands at the minute and they would never do ESC.

Schlagerman1

paddyirl said:
Raul_Spain said:

Una was tweeting about ESC on Saturday but I don't think she would so it when she is active in The Saturdays.

BTW Una and Vanessa are great singers. They can both sing live, Una won a regional Irish song festival.

I can't think of a single Irish act that could do it. Most big Irish acts are indie bands at the minute and they would never do ESC.

Then do what I said to the Brits...pick a guy or a girl on the street and give that person a proper song to sing and just send him/her! :lol:
Funny, but could work! :p

AlekS

Veteran

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2010/1126/eurovision.html

http://www.eurovision.tv/page/news?id=22373&_t=Fresh+new+format+for+Ireland+in+2011

Irish broadcaster RTÉ has today announced several changes to the format of their national selection process Eurosong 2011 which will decide who will follow Niamh Kavanagh and represent Ireland in the 2011 Eurovision Song Contest in Düsseldorf.

In a complete change of format, the Irish selection process for 2011 will involve five music industry professionals. These five people will each develop and mentor the five separate acts and songs to prepare them for Eurosong 2011 where the winner of the show will ultimately be chosen from a combination of public televote and regional juries.

It has been revealed that the five mentors will be Caroline Downey-Desmond who is a director and event producer, composer Ronan Hardiman, musical director and arranger David Hayes, the chairman of EMI Music Ireland Willie Kavanagh and finally composer and performer Liam Lawton.

According to RTÉ each of the mentors will source or commission the song and the performer, with all five entries to be performed for the first time on The Late Late Show Eurosong 2011 on February 11.

A.B.

It seems that the new ESC fashion is to have a "mentor". They should use their past Eurovision winners as mentors though! That would be interesting!

A-lister

Veteran

^

Well they tried a former winner as judge recently and we all know how that turned out... :lol:

Alot of former winners/participants have no clue about Eurovision anymore and seem to think it's still the same era as when they won. Time moved on...

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

"The Eurovision Factor" would be the best way to describe the start of the new decade of Europe's favourite music show. After Lena's victory at this year's Eurovision Song Contest, a new trend was set all across the continent for X-factor alike national selections. Ireland is no exception as the first act bidding to represent Eire was announced moments ago by The Herald newspaper and we are talking about the former X-factor stars, The Jedward Twins.
As esctoday.com has previously announced, Ireland is going to change the format of their national selection in order to increase their chances for winning the Eurovision Song Contest. Five professionals from the music industry will mentor five different acts who will fight for the lucky ticket with the destination Düsseldorf.

"It's all being kept very hush hush right now, but Jedward are definitely going for it, and a real threat to win. Louis Walsh was very involved with Eurovision up until a few years ago, so I'm sure he'd be happy to see them represent Ireland. I'm sure the juries won't vote for them, but the public will definitely be pulling for them. All the kids watching the Late Late Show that night will be." , are the words given by a insider of The Herald newspaper.

The Jedward Twins have risen to fame since appearing as John & Edward on the sixth series of The X-Factor. Their biggest success is the release of their first single Under pressure (Ice ice baby) which peaked the 1st spot of the Irish music charts.

SOURCE

A.B.

At least Ireland is trying different things for the ESC... In 2008 they sent a turkey, in 2009 a punk girl band, in 2010 a former Eurovision winner and now a X-factor contestant.

Top Bottom