14 4.0%

23 6.6%

112 32.0%

• Total voters

AlekS

Veteran
Re: ÉIRE - Ireland 2011

^ never say never :lol:
Depends of the song in the current case.

A.B.

I would like The Vard Sisters to represent Ireland in Dusseldorf. I love their song "Seol".

MyHeartIsYours

After a turkey puppet, sending Jedward wouldn't even be half as embarrassing for Ireland.

Dustin was absolutely hilarious... loved him ;). Trouble is Jedward arent funny imo, but I think perhaps continentals will find them funny :lol:.

A-lister

Veteran

I'd like an entry in Gaelic !!!

One of my favorite Irish entries of all time is the only entry Ireland send in Gaelic so far:

It's such a shame with such a unique language not to use it, it's kind of like Malta who never gives Maltese a try.

My Star

I'd like an entry in Gaelic !!!

One of my favorite Irish entries of all time is the only entry Ireland send in Gaelic so far:

It's such a shame with such a unique language not to use it, it's kind of like Malta who never gives Maltese a try.

I'm guessing we'll have an Irish lang entry this year.

A-lister

Veteran

I'm guessing we'll have an Irish lang entry this year.

That would be amazing!

Although I'm afraid the Jedward joke will collect the public vote, I hope there will be juries to stop Ireland making fools of themselves though.

MyHeartIsYours

You forgot about Juries :p which if they gave even small points to Greece or Turkey, they'd overtake Ireland

Oh yerr I did! :lol: Well at least guaranteed about 8 points, no? ;)
There should be a rule for our jury that says they cant vote for Greece or Turkey! :lol:

Sean

Admin
Staff member

Jedward have described their Eurovision song as the "ultimate anthem".

The X Factor stars, who were recently confirmed for the Irish Eurovision shortlist, said that their entry is an "amazing" song that everyone will dance to.

Speaking to Alan Murphy on Ireland's Galway Bay FM, they said: "The song is an ultimate anthem that everybody's going to be dancing to. It's an amazing song. We're huge Eurovision fans and we watch every single year."

The twins will compete with four other acts in Eurosong for the chance to represent Ireland in Dusseldorf later this year.

"We really, really want to represent Ireland at Eurovision and we'll do our best," they added. "We need everyone to vote for us in Eurosong to make sure we get to the Eurovision.

"We have a great uptempo song that everyone will love and we already have loads of fans in Europe. We want to win the Eurovision and for Jedward to go global. We want world domination."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a298136/jedward-eurovision-song-is-an-anthem.html

A-lister

Veteran

^
Oh nooo now I'm even more afraid how their joke will sound!

When anyone from western Europe, especially Ireland/UK, is talking about "the ultimate Eurovision anthem", I'm awaiting something super -over the top- campy crap for sure.

I hope Irish people will be more clever than voting for this joke, I'm afraid they will want them though.

DeepInsidePaulOscar

I'm Irish and want Jedward to just go away already. They're just cringeworthy.

I'm hoping the Vard Sisters have a good song,I love their entry 'Seol' from '98 - I'd never liked the Irish language in song before,but their voices can make anything sound beautiful. And they can sing live - something Jedward never managed in all those XFactor performances.

Top Bottom