26 12.4%

10 4.8%

14 6.7%

11 5.2%

3 1.4%

19 9.0%

• Total voters

Lordemort

To be honest not the kind of song that Iceland have been the best about sending. Their ballads are amazing (see 2013), hope they send something similar next year

Tinchey

I might be a terrible person, but I enjoyed seeing her go down like that. That was PAINFUL. :lol:

toinou03

Somehow, the :is: failure was expected since Yohanna, as they always do quite bad yet qualifying. Here it is, in a terrible way... Indeed, let's hope they'll choose their entries in a better way, as they had many good proposals this year, and went for the dullest...

CatEye

I'm glad that playing safe finally backfired for the Nordics this year. For amost a decade both Denmark and Iceland were sending songs that were nothing special and always qualified with an ease. But this year the overall quality is so high that playing safe became dangerous.
And frankly the Icelandic song was nothing else than one chorus repeated a few times. I was really dispointed when they selected this song, since I thought that after last year they would go for something more daring again...
Also she gave by far the worst vocal performance of the semi.

cripesdude

My favourite is out! :(

Sadly, I think that was María's worst performance to date... the nerves obviously got her.

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
My favourite is out! :(

Sadly, I think that was María's worst performance to date... the nerves obviously got her.

That was it for me too. Before the semi-final I was a fan, but after that performance, I really do not think she could qualify fairly.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
I think this entry's main selling point was Maria's outstanding vocal, and when she wasn't only not outstanding but actively bad…

GermanBango

Look, the song is solid but her vocals was horrible tonight. I'm sorry for her and of course for :is: where the ESC is usually the most watched TV-show of the year

Ashley

Omg.. Im so sad.. I love the song.. But she sang not good.. But the camerawork wasn't good i saw a camera person in a shadow off her

Look at 1:58..

Halldor

I'm glad that playing safe finally backfired for the Nordics this year. For amost a decade both Denmark and Iceland were sending songs that were nothing special and always qualified with an ease. But this year the overall quality is so high that playing safe became dangerous.
And frankly the Icelandic song was nothing else than one chorus repeated a few times. I was really dispointed when they selected this song, since I thought that after last year they would go for something more daring again...
Also she gave by far the worst vocal performance of the semi.

Being from Iceland I have to agree, The only time I've liked our entry since winning Söngvakeppnin is Pollapönk because it was never safe and ended surprisingly in the top 15, the rest were like you said, safe... So I hope that we will try to take a chance like we did with Pollapönk.

jackmc123

I genuinely think Iceland should have sent Fjaðrir this year. Completely unexpected from Iceland, and something completely different. I actually do think qualification would have been possible with it, but instead, y'all sent goldenfeet. Your loss :|

Rusch

The performance was terrible yesterday. She looked like the impersonation of the off-pitch-fairy.

SilviaNight

I would have done this better. Decent song though.

musicfan

I though the song and performance was fine, even if it did sound better in Icelandic. But no lighting effects compared to many of the other uptempo entries, was it beyond their budget?

musicfan

I couldn't disagree more with this. These entries were above the quality they normally send, and this year has plenty of weak songs, so both of these should have qualified. Instead crap like the Swedish one qualifies based on the effects they use and those who don't have a big budget for staging uptempo songs lose out.

CatEye

I couldn't disagree more with this. These entries were above the quality they normally send, and this year has plenty of weak songs, so both of these should have qualified. Instead crap like the Swedish one qualifies based on the effects they use and those who don't have a big budget for staging uptempo songs lose out.
Yes, Sweden takes ESC too far and I don't like how their song this year is relying on a gimmick just as much as Ukraine did in 2011. But that's not why Iceland and Denmark didn't qualify. Both of them were really weak this year. All the years of qualifying resulted in them with trying less, since they thought that they are certain qualifiers no matter what.
And since when do these countries have bidget problems? Especially Denmark.
Denmark sent a meh heard a 100 times before song, that was performed by a really smug singer and the song from Iceland is like a disneyfied version of the song that Ireland sent last year.

popavapeur

i'm so sad for Maria, she didn't deserve that (her and her song) to stay in SF. Of course the performance was bad i truly admit. First time Iceland don't go through the SF in years... Is Maria going in jail for that ? :D she was sooo cute i love Unbroken. This song is so hard to sing, just hear the beginning, that's quite low then she have to bring a crescendo out of her little body in a few seconds. I don't know if the problem is the song or the singer in that case (are singers able to sing this?)

Fjaðrir was 10 times better btw and it's my personal ESC winner :D

MrMusicMan

Of course they play it safe, it's Eurovision, expensive for the country itself and they of course want to get through. Everybody wants to get in the final.

And to be fair, having a perfect Eurovision song isn't the best, the Icelandic song this year is a very eurovision cliché with a repeat for 3 minutes.

Denmark have sent some qualities over the years, but this year is a total ass crack.

Top Bottom