10 4.5%

10 4.5%

7 3.1%

10 4.5%

44 19.7%

• Total voters

mauve

Veteran
It's a shame that the fan who tried to take the microphone in a British performance did not make his break here, in a Hungarian performance, he would not have survived, Hungarian society would have killed him :lol:

:lol: Yep, that would have been fun! :lol:

mauve

Veteran
I also felt that Hungary was ROBBED. Having Israel just after them has stolen a bit of their fire. I was also shocked that Hungary was so lowly ranked by the juries.
Thank you Hungary and AWS for making me so pumped for this year's edition. Your song gave me something to root for, because I felt bummed initially for not having any song that grabbed me so utterly and completely that Amar Pelos Dois did. Luisa's song set too high of a standard for me for Eurovision I guess. But this song made me curious to appreciate metal for the first time. If you heard beyond the noise, there was a nice melodic anthem, expressed in the most authentic, meaningful way. I loved your energy on stage, and only felt so frustrated that you didn't get higher amongst the jury and public. This year was very unpredictable, and it was the first year that I had such an opposite view of favourites from Eurofriends outside of this forum. Reading comments from you all about Hungary gave me life as much as the entry did. :)

Beautiful words! IMO Hungary and Italy were the two entries this year that were robbed. Both so low in the Jury, completely undeserved. The public was more unbiased towards these songs and I am eternally grateful for that!

mauve

Veteran
I also felt that Hungary was ROBBED. Having Israel just after them has stolen a bit of their fire. I was also shocked that Hungary was so lowly ranked by the juries.
Thank you Hungary and AWS for making me so pumped for this year's edition. Your song gave me something to root for, because I felt bummed initially for not having any song that grabbed me so utterly and completely that Amar Pelos Dois did. Luisa's song set too high of a standard for me for Eurovision I guess. But this song made me curious to appreciate metal for the first time. If you heard beyond the noise, there was a nice melodic anthem, expressed in the most authentic, meaningful way. I loved your energy on stage, and only felt so frustrated that you didn't get higher amongst the jury and public. This year was very unpredictable, and it was the first year that I had such an opposite view of favourites from Eurofriends outside of this forum. Reading comments from you all about Hungary gave me life as much as the entry did. :)

Beautiful words! IMO Hungary and Italy were the two entries this year that were robbed. Both so low in the Jury, completely undeserved. The public was more unbiased towards these songs and I am eternally grateful for that!

Chorizo

It's a shame that the fan who tried to take the microphone in a British performance did not make his break here, in a Hungarian performance, he would not have survived, Hungarian society would have killed him :lol:

The singer from AWS would have screamed him off the stage... :D

ApEsc

I would also involve him with the Ukrainian, and we'll see him trying to touch the singer when he's on the piano

balizeg

Now that the full results are out, I checked it out:
Only 3 countries didnt give our song televoting points in the semi final, Denmark, France, Malta. And all three of them had us on 11th place, so we almost picked up points there too. :)
It's shocking that a song with televoting support from every corner of Europe almost didnt qualify because of the juries. :?

The only thing disappointing to me about the result of AWS, is that how predictable it was that the juries would hate it. I saw someone made a stat about it, 33 of the individual 215 juries had Hungary on deadlast in the final and many more in the bottom 3. Just like last year with Joci.

BernadetteCydonia

and now a tl;dr by Rainy

(sorry I had to)

Yeah it was saddening to see them low but Ringdalen overviewed the performance and saw why this didn't do as well. A Dal stage is small and you can limit all your running arround in there (and maybe the female backings helped it out a bit more?), the performance was felt out nicely by the folks at home (maybe cus they can understand the lyrics lolol?) while Eurovision stage this year had plenty of other places to go to than just the main stage and the boys themselves wanted to just create a metal show, not just a down-to-Earth performance (this could have worked if the acoustic version was actually submitted for the lulz :D), and many first time viewers misunderstood the anger easily as it was surrounded by screaming and running around. And all the pyrotechnics. Metal show was what they wanted, metal show was all their intent. But they were playing with the voting audiences... and didn't know what it meant. And yet again we learn that some songs with personal meanings don't do wonders if you don't understand the performance... also pls confess how many of you voted them through just for the memes

First of all, the lead singer was all over the place. While SuRie stood still and the activist knew where to aim. Second of all, I just remembered a tweet that asked if that activist could come back to steal the mic for the second time and I just... Third of all, that wouldn't have been fun anyway and SuRie didn't get any televote pity points for surviving her attack so yeah.

Kairit

I just realised that for 2 years in a row, this year and last year I've voted for Hungary the most in the grand final. This just was superb. Every emotion, every ounce of power was in this and they deserved better. Can't wait for what Hungary sends next year, because they've been sending really honest authentic powerful emotional songs with a meaning from various styles and I just f**king love this country in Eurovision. Really consistently they have been my favourite and I admire them taking risks (not to mention Kedvesem dear lord, favourite Eurovision song).

tuorem

Just saying hi centuries later since I finally saw the light and embraced the idea summer was gone. Hungarians never cease to amaze. I won't comment on the 21st place in the final, it's just another embarrassing case for the musical "experts" (who should start growing some musical culture and open-mindedness after all this time by the way).

As I was re-checking my personal top 10 (which still needs work tbh), "Viszlát Nyár" went from oblivion to the top 4. xlove I confess I have sinned, let me repent and worship AWS properly from now on (please give my number to the guitarist who sports a mustache, thanx). I don't know what was wrong beforehand for me to sleep on them, thank God I pulled myself together. Everything about this effort was A++ : music, lyrics, language, vocals, stage presence, visuals and freaking ORIGINALITY AND AUTHENTIC EMOTIONS.

Summer may be gone but I'm not done with Hungary. You're really coming for us all, I can't keep up (but high-key am here for the slayage).

See you in Tel Aviv. Here's a little present for you, I don't need it anymore:
tumblr_nymoy0q5JO1rchkzlo7_250.gif

Ezio

Veteran
Still my favourites, too good for Eurovision

Mainshow

Veteran
It was my favourite entry being part of this year's final.

I listen to a lot to Symphonic/Folk Metal/Gothic as well and I was so amazed by hearing screams in Eurovision. This entry is authentic, unique and really special and deserved to end up being Top 10. Voted several times for this compelling entry!

Not wanting to dance anymore, but I must dance
c8c3926e2e12aacdb712f3d39b9c1da5a81a8a06.png

"To say the unspeakable, to write what no words can describe. This is what we need to do now. Last June Örs had been diagnosed with leukemia and now we are deeply saddened to inform you that he passed away yesterday.

He wanted to open up about his illness last month, he had planned to release his first solo record this spring and we were set to make the fifth AWS record and play shows again this fall. During this period his bravery and dignity were exemplary.

His creativity, the depth of his lyrics and his presence on the stage will be greatly missed. Losing him is beyond our reach and he will leave a vast space not just in our lives but in the music scene.

Örrs was the fire himself, warm hearted companion and friend, an inspiring person whom you could trust and always relay on. He was a true wonder. We're opening our arms and hearts to his family, his friends, and everyone who ever felt touched even through his lyrics.

We were all very lucky to have had him in our lives and as much as Örs will be missed by us all, he will remain with us, every day, as long as we can remember."

I'm absolutely floored. Viszlát nyár spoke to me personally and I just felt gut punched seeing this. RIP Örs and thank you so much.

Top Bottom