Contact us

How sounds this language?

Kicker

I would like to know from you, how german sounds for you :rolleyes:
We can do the same with other languages too, but first I want to know how german sounds :lol:

thevoice

i always wonder how Turkish sounds for other people :D i can only explain with other language sounds like Dutch,some poeople thinks German is rough i don't think so.. this ich,ein,ung,sch voices makes this language very melodyc.. sometimes it sounds too guttural and some words are tooooo long to say :D however i like German

MyHeartIsYours

German sounds very rough to me, a good language for if you're angry :lol:. I like it though :D.

Kicker

German sounds very rough to me, a good language for if you're angry :lol:. I like it though :D.
But the french people have still the best words if they're angry :p

Turkish sounds to me a bit like the romanian languages but with many ö and ü. It sounds soft and I like it =)

MyHeartIsYours

My favourite languages are the Scandinavian ones (Norwegian, Swedish, Icelandic, Danish) and the Celtic ones (Welsh, Scottish Gaelic, Manx, Cornish, Irish), I think they are just so beautiful to listen to, unlike most other languages I could happily sit there and listen to someone speaking in them even though I dont know what they're saying :D.
Of the big Western European languages, French is my favourite and then German and Dutch are also nice. I think Russian also sounds pretty cool from what I've heard of it.

As for English, I like our language but my Oldham accent I dont like :lol:. I love English when it's Mancunian, Rochdale, West Country, Scouser, Geordie, Northern Irish, Yorkshire (not the old miners Yorkshire, the modern one ;)) and most of all WELSH accents! :D I love the Welsh accent. However, Im not keen on Scottish or some very southern Irish accents. Also deep cockney is bad! :lol: Internationally, I love American, Australian and New Zealander accents but only on men for some reason :lol:. Europeans sound great speaking English too, esp. Eastern Europeans, it's nice :).

Last edited:

Israeliboy

I think it's a nice language. It's annoying after 1 minute lol....but I would like to study German!

Sim

I hated it to learn it :p sorry

I've done 1 year of Latin and I stopped because of the use of accusatif, datif ,...
And what do you have in German?:p exactly, these things

And we had to learn when you must choose what and only thing I remember is:

aus, bei, mit, nach, gegenuber,... you have to use a dativ:p

seb89

I like German. It sound rough and it sounds like our dialect :D (in our dialect we also use: ich, euch, mit,...). I like it. I learned at school too, it was not easy. And I still can't say something decent in German, it sounds more like Dutch with some German features :).

Kicker

I hated it to learn it :p sorry

I've done 1 year of Latin and I stopped because of the use of accusatif, datif ,...
And what do you have in German?:p exactly, these things

And we had to learn when you must choose what and only thing I remember is:

aus, bei, mit, nach, gegenuber,... you have to use a dativ:p

Yes, german is really bad to learn. Sometimes, the german people don't know how to say something or say something wrong (Pastforms and Plural <-- many mistakes from german people :D). If I couldn't speak german, I wouldn't want to learn it. Dativ, Genitiv, Akkusativ... I don't know how it works xD And I ever wanted to know, how the Plural works in german? I don't find any rule xD
Das Haus - Die Häuser (a-ä,+er)
Das Auto - Die Autos (+s)
Die Blume - Die Blumen (+n)
Der Apfel - Die Äpfel (a-ä)
:D

thevoice

As for English, I like our language but my Oldham accent I dont like . I love English when it's Mancunian, Rochdale, West Country, Scouser, Geordie, Northern Irish, Yorkshire (not the old miners Yorkshire, the modern one ) and most of all WELSH accents! I love the Welsh accent. However, Im not keen on Scottish or some very southern Irish accents. Also deep cockney is bad! Internationally, I love American, Australian and New Zealander accents but only on men for some reason . Europeans sound great speaking English too, esp. Eastern Europeans, it's nice .
ahh Irish accent makes me annoyed..i can't understand mostly what they say...if it's possible they speak only Irish. Celtic languages are beautiful for my ears sonunds like singing even they are speaking
you german guys why don't u have any rules in your language exceptions...exceptions..exceptions :(

Last edited:

SpZ

Yes, german is really bad to learn. Sometimes, the german people don't know how to say something or say something wrong (Pastforms and Plural <-- many mistakes from german people :D). If I couldn't speak german, I wouldn't want to learn it. Dativ, Genitiv, Akkusativ... I don't know how it works xD And I ever wanted to know, how the Plural works in german? I don't find any rule xD
:D

Sorry to say this, but i find German quite easy to learn.... And the plural forms started to be logical quite quickly.

thevoice

i love Irish music and Irish people (oscar wilde,dolores oriordan,bernard shaw,sinead o'connor,bono...) i don't know why i don't like this weather report :(

Yamarus

I love German, it's the next language I am going to learn now that I have a pretty decent level in Spanish. I'm not afraid of it, but it is true that all the cases are going to be very daunting. I'm thankful Dutch doesn't have declensions anymore, or at least very few! I love the way German sounds, and phonetically it's not a very difficult language, fortunately!

I just love Turkish too, and that will come right after German on the "to-learn" list of languages. It's not an easy language though so I don't expect much except basic comprehension skills. It just sounds great, and there's nothing like Turkish pop music xD.

seb89

Every language is difficult and German is not easy, but it's not like the most difficult one. Once you learn the rules, the cases and Deklination it became quite easy. And the plurals are not so difficult imo.

you german guys why don't u have any rules in your language exceptions...exceptions..exceptions :(

Tbh imo German has a quite strict grammar, not so many exceptions as French. In French every rule has exceptions. But that's my viex ;)

r3gg13

@Adam: I listened to what Oldham accent sounded like on youtube. I totally couldn't see you with that accent!!! As for me, I have the Southern California accent (which is totally different from Northern California accent), I use "like" and "totally" more than I should.

I think that German is a lot more streamlined grammatically and phonologically compared to English (at least the standardized ones GAE, RP, AuE, NZE, etc.)
The linguistics professors in my university are all German natives so they always have stories about them messing up the English pronunciation and some grammar stuff when they were learning it (way long ago) because of the unpredictability.

Here's a video of valley girls :lol: I know some people who talk like this xrollinglol
They're like the Essex Girls from the UK or the D4 from Ireland xrollinglol

Top Bottom