Contact us

griffin empire 228: try our espresso

randajad

Veteran
MATILDA MANN TO NATION SONG CONTEST
Õklingsmaa celebrates its historic victory at Griffiniskaja Laul

Zonpolah, Meremaa - The eighteenth edition of Griffiniskaja Laul, the Griffin national musical event and the national final of the Nation Song Contest, took place in the captivating city of Zonpolah, located within the principality of Meremaa. The highlight of the evening was the momentous victory achieved by Õklingsmaa, marking the first time in the event's history that the principality emerged triumphant. The outstanding performance by Matilda Mann propelled Õklingsmaa to glory, subsequently granting her the honour of representing the nation at the esteemed Nation Song Contest held in Šilček.

The event captivated audiences and garnered significant attention and enthusiasm. Fan favourite The Last Dinner Party from Foreõsvdetrre secured the runner-up position, captivating spectators with their compelling performance. Following closely behind was Färzas - Lætingmaa, whose remarkable showcase earned them a spot in the top three. However, the host principality of Meremaa encountered an unexpected outcome, finishing last in the competition for the very first time in its event history.

A momentous occasion in VTB Arrenaa, Zonpolah as it marked the first time the event was hosted at this venue. Previously, the event took place twice in Mare Incatato, and once in both Tevs and Salta. Other cities that participated in the bidding process included all previous host cities, as well as the seaside resort city of Hjemtilëiyl, renowned for its film festival. The host and presenter of the show was none other than Stephen Sanchez, the winner of the previous edition. The opening and interval acts featured a lineup of special guests who delivered captivating performances of current chart-toppers, as well as hits from WLSC, NSC, and GL.​

vv6vVyg.png

Traditionally, the last votes of the evening were votes from the host principality.

GTV extends its gratitude to the esteemed members of the international jury, including Bagrovor, Perryfornia, Mormadorei, Orangualia, Doire, Sakuralia, Svobodnia, Ugaly, New Bander State, and Belvist, for their valuable contributions to the event.

Full (split) results can be found here, Griffin results at the Nation Song Contest are here and if you are interested in the history of Griffiniskaja Laul, you can find it here.

u0qLL3K.png

randajad

Veteran
omg an artist I once sent as reserve entry is in this NF. I'll vote for sure hunty.
Well hvala unaprijed xrose

Also, we have our first voter and it's *Mormadorei*. Thank you xheart
And here's bonus trivia: jury members by number of editions. @Leydan come back legend :xo:
Q04xLgA.png

antm-excited.gif

You know what time it is.
Link is here. Vote or we might will shoot.
xheat

tuorem

Hello honey, you summoned me :D

I take it voting tomorrow evening would be fine? If so, I might call my team of musical experts for help.

randajad

Veteran
Hello honey, you summoned me :D

I take it voting tomorrow evening would be fine? If so, I might call my team of musical experts for help.
Omg a huge comeback xheat Take your time xx

Orange cells are the ones when we promised to vote, but in the end didn't do so?? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
It's times when I sent an invitation via DM but you could not vote :lol:

randajad

Veteran
BACK TO KRALINGSLÆTING
Foreõsvdetrre's Lovejoy to represent Griffin Empire on home ground

In a city that never sleeps, the Griffin Empire witnessed a musical extravaganza like never before! Hermýn, the capital of Õklingsmaa, set the stage on fire for the nineteenth edition of Griffiniskaja Laul, the nation's ultimate musical showdown and the revered national final for the Nation Song Contest.

Lovejoy's Magical Moment: Foreõsvdetrre Reigns Supreme
Talk about a night to remember! Foreõsvdetrre claimed their third victory in Griffiniskaja Laul history, and it was nothing short of spectacular. The band Lovejoy left the crowd spellbound with a performance that was sheer magic, earning them the coveted spot to represent the Griffin Empire at the Nation Song Contest in Kralingslæting. Lightning strikes twice for Lovejoy, as they once again get the honour to rock the international stage, following their impressive 8th place finish at the 223rd Waiting List Song Contest.

Host Principality's Shocking Defeat
In a turn of events nobody saw coming, the host principality of Õklingsmaa found itself at the tail end of the competition. Yes, you read that right - last place! It's déjà vu as this marks the second time in a row that a host principality takes home the wooden spoon.

A Star-Studded Affair in LDLC Arrenaa
LDLC Arrenaa in Hermýn played host to this historic event for the very first time, and boy, did it shine! The bidding war for the privilege of hosting was fierce, with cities like Planigslæting, Sellola, Emozý, Valensingslæting, Gmöt, Karlstad, Vië, Ranghjem, and Valensings all vying for the spotlight.

And who better to dazzle us than Astrid Smeplass, the queen of the Griffin music scene? Not only did she host the event, but she also wowed the audience with her hosting prowess, having previously clinched victory at the 231st Waiting List Song Contest. As if the night couldn't get any hotter, we were treated to some electrifying performances by special guests! They belted out the hottest chart-toppers, Griffin WLSC, NSC, and GL hits, making sure that Hermýn was left buzzing with musical fervor.​

3o7yNzq.png

As part of an old GL tradition, the last votes of the evening were votes from the host principality.

Special thanks to our jury members: Mormadorei, Effiland, Svobodnia, Ugaly, Illumia, Belvist, Orangualia, and New Bander State, for their patience and of course their votes.

Full (split) results can be found here, Griffin results at the Nation Song Contest are here and if you are interested in the history of Griffiniskaja Laul, you can find it here.

eNETW2l.png

Top Bottom